Is Sewell too Good to Pass Up? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sewell too Good to Pass Up?

Sewell would have to be in a wheelchair for him to be passed up by Miami or any team needing a solid offensive lineman. If anything, the Jaguars drafted Tony Boselli high, and used the offseason to trade for Mark Brunell a lefty QB. To put things into perspective, no other OL in the last decade has been graded as high as Sewell. He was the best Offensive lineman in his sophomore year, and he wasn't even 20. In 2019 he allowed 7 pressures in 491 blocking snaps. None of the players in this team ever came close to those numbers in college in their senior year even. The rest on that list are no different than last years group of tackles that included our very own Austin Jackson.

Sewell would have to be in a wheelchair for him to be passed up by Miami or any team needing a solid offensive lineman. If anything, the Jaguars drafted Tony Boselli high, and used the offseason to trade for Mark Brunell a lefty QB. To put things into perspective, no other OL in the last decade has been graded as high as Sewell. He was the best Offensive lineman in his sophomore year, and he wasn't even 20. In 2019 he allowed 7 pressures in 491 blocking snaps. None of the players in this team ever came close to those numbers in college in their senior year even. The rest on that list are no different than last years group of tackles that included our very own Austin Jackson.
To me, you have to weigh it against a Tunsil type haul. I think that's what Miami could get with some of the quarterbacks in this draft.

That said, I don't disagree with your evaluation. If Atlanta wants to move up one spot, Sewell could be a Dolphin. Otherwise it just likely doesn't happen.

The Jets are a possibility at #2 if they decide to keep Darnold. That seems unlikely too.

To me, you have to weigh it against a Tunsil type haul. I think that's what Miami could get with some of the quarterbacks in this draft.

That said, I don't disagree with your evaluation. If Atlanta wants to move up one spot, Sewell could be a Dolphin. Otherwise it just likely doesn't happen.

The Jets are a possibility at #2 if they decide to keep Darnold. That seems unlikely too.
Jets are likely to give up on Darnold. If the Jets Draft sewell I am going to be pissed.

Last edited:
Jets are likely to give up on Darnold. If the Jets Draft sewell I am going to be pissed.
I've seen a few mocks that have Smith going #2 to the Jets. Of course, mocks are all just guesses. I'd be surprised if NY didn't take a quarterback or trade for Watson if Houston decides to move on.

I've seen a few mocks that have Smith going #2 to the Jets. Of course, mocks are all just guesses. I'd be surprised if NY didn't take a quarterback or trade for Watson if Houston decides to move on.

Did you see my mock draft thread lol. I even forgot who I had the jets draft tbh.

Back
Top Bottom