Is Sieler really a starter? Where should we play Davis and Wilkins? Should we resign Godchaux? Which position on the DL should we upgrade? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Sieler really a starter? Where should we play Davis and Wilkins? Should we resign Godchaux? Which position on the DL should we upgrade?

Have not looked at any DL in the draft.

Earlier in the year, I wanted Surtain.

Now that we have the #3...We might not ever be picking this high again for a long time.

Would rather bolster the offense, but you gotta stay true to your evaluation.

That 3rd round pick may be the place to add more to the defense.
That could change if we trade down with the Lions. Assuming the Lions trade away Stafford before the draft, and want a QB badly. They may give up a pair of first round picks this year and the next. If we were focusing on defense I would say we use one of our picks on either a defensive back, or linebacker.Good teams normally don't get to pick in a top 5 position. And that can be subjective since we really didn't even make the playoffs. Had our qb position been stable then we would have won enough games to make it to the playoffs.

That could change if we trade down with the Lions. Assuming the Lions trade away Stafford before the draft, and want a QB badly. They may give up a pair of first round picks this year and the next. If we were focusing on defense I would say we use one of our picks on either a defensive back, or linebacker.Good teams normally don't get to pick in a top 5 position. And that can be subjective since we really didn't even make the playoffs. Had our qb position been stable then we would have won enough games to make it to the playoffs.
*IF* DET trades Stafford, they almost have to draft a QB. No cap space to sign a good FA

*IF* DET trades Stafford, they almost have to draft a QB. No cap space to sign a good FA
I think Detroit and Carolina may sit and not trade up, and wait for Lance or Fields or even Jones to fall to them. If Jones and/or Lance impress in workouts, and Fields fails to overly impress. Atlanta sticks with Ryan, Eagles give Wentz one more try. Unfortunately then no trade down. Hope I'm wrong!

I think Detroit and Carolina may sit and not trade up, and wait for Lance or Fields or even Jones to fall to them. If Jones and/or Lance impress in workouts, and Fields fails to overly impress. Atlanta sticks with Ryan, Eagles give Wentz one more try. Unfortunately then no trade down. Hope I'm wrong!
I am sure they are planning to pick fields.

Great to hear. It would allow a draft pick to another position.

We do need at least one more starter somewhere along the rotation and/or bring Godchaux back, though.

I feel like Sheldon Rankins could positively affect our team's fortunes more any other single FA.
Field a 4-man front with Wilkins and Rankins on the inside, maybe Lawson on one DE and Ogbah the other.
By itself, this would make our team much harder to run against, improve down and distance outcomes, create more long third-downs for the opposition, give X and Jones more chances to intercept passes, etc.
Shorter drives for the opposition, better time-of-possession ratio.

Rankins would be the FA I would prioritize.

Sieler has been a real diamond find, he plays with a lot of heart all the time and makes terrific plays, Raekwon Davis is to me the star of the 2020 draft and Ogbah was a great signing. Wilkins is good most of the time , I´d prefer to get DE Leonard Williams in FA he is big powerful and versatile , I´d love to see Williams opposite Ogbah with Sieler, Wilkins and Davis rotating in the Middle

I agree with the above. Sieler can play, a diamond in the rough and Godchaux should be re-signed on the right contract now. Depth of that position is so important
Agreed. Seiler has this “clutch” thing where he lays the wood on people for no gain on 3rd and 4th and short at the right times. Love his motor.

Sieler has been a real diamond find, he plays with a lot of heart all the time and makes terrific plays, Raekwon Davis is to me the star of the 2020 draft and Ogbah was a great signing. Wilkins is good most of the time , I´d prefer to get DE Leonard Williams in FA he is big powerful and versatile , I´d love to see Williams opposite Ogbah with Sieler, Wilkins and Davis rotating in the Middle
Nice lineup. And we should bring Charles Harris back just to round things out a bit

Back
Top Bottom