Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is the city of Miami planning any "welcome back" festivities for Ricky?

dean_siu

sdkjglkdsjglkdsj
Reaction score
I haven't heard anything yet....but I would imagine a ticker tape parade and a large rally would be in order. This is so exciting that Ricky is coming back to play football again and I hope the city realizes how fortunate it is to have a man of this magnitude calling Miami home. Go Ricky!!!!

Nice 10:10 am and we start the degredation of the human species.... WELCOME to the Republic of dumb fandom !!

Those who will have a welcome party should be arrested. They're all dealers.

Yes, they are sponsoring a new initiative to rename the holiday that falls on this Sunday to coincide with Rickys re-arrival in SoFla. They wanna call it (Ricky might be your) Father Day.

I see the Bills fans are out in force today.....if you truly were a fan of the Fins, you'd all drop the 'tudes and welcome back the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.

If the city of Miami doesn't use this as a reason to hold a big reggae festival on the beach, they are really missing out on a great opportunity.

like it's been said, the first time ricky breaks through the line, stiff arms an LB and outruns the secondary to the endzone, we will all love him like he were our own. get over yourselves guys. the bottom line is winning football games and ultimately winning a championship. if ricky williams helps us achieve that then god bless him.

dean_siu said:
I see the Bills fans are out in force today.....if you truly were a fan of the Fins, you'd all drop the 'tudes and welcome back the greatest running back in the history of the NFL.

If the city of Miami doesn't use this as a reason to hold a big reggae festival on the beach, they are really missing out on a great opportunity.

:lol: Nothing like humor to start the day!

thecoordinator said:
like it's been said, the first time ricky breaks through the line, stiff arms an LB and outruns the secondary to the endzone, we will all love him like he were our own. get over yourselves guys. the bottom line is winning football games and ultimately winning a championship. if ricky williams helps us achieve that then god bless him.

I really think its a shame though that some people are waiting for this to happen before they welcome him back with open arms. After all the good things that Ricky has done for the organization and the city of Miami, there's no reason that everyone shouldn't be ecstatic about his return right now!

Ricky didn't have to come back to football (or to the Dolphins). He would have been happy living the rest of his life in California, Asia, or Australia. The fact that he gave this all up and is coming back to an organization that really dissed him upon his retirement is a very fortunate circumstance for all of us. Let's not be a-holes about it and drive him away from the game once again.

dean_siu said:
I haven't heard anything yet....but I would imagine a ticker tape parade and a large rally would be in order. This is so exciting that Ricky is coming back to play football again and I hope the city realizes how fortunate it is to have a man of this magnitude calling Miami home. Go Ricky!!!!

Moderators.............seriously, c'mon. You want your forum to be the best possible place right? Then friggin' monitor threads and posters like this one. You know there wasn't a shred of integrity to this thread.

dean_siu said:

You were probably a little young, but the only ticker tape parade Miami should have is to welcome back Larry Csonka, the greatest running back to wear a Fins uni. Not a quitter like the one you are a trying to support.

dean_siu said:

:lol:

Yes, they are giving away the key to the city and he will have a nationwide holiday in his honor. I heard that they may also put his head on the dime..... or was it his picture on all dime bags ...... :hmmm:

dean_siu said:
I really think its a shame though that some people are waiting for this to happen before they welcome him back with open arms. After all the good things that Ricky has done for the organization and the city of Miami, there's no reason that everyone shouldn't be ecstatic about his return right now!

Ricky didn't have to come back to football (or to the Dolphins). He would have been happy living the rest of his life in California, Asia, or Australia. The fact that he gave this all up and is coming back to an organization that really dissed him upon his retirement is a very fortunate circumstance for all of us. Let's not be a-holes about it and drive him away from the game once again.

I'm sure Ricky had the Miami Dolphins' best interest in mind when he retired a week before training camp. That sure was nice of him!

And the second paragraph is so blind to what really happened that I can't even read it without shaking my head! He's coming back because he owes money! He's got 8.6 million reasons to come back! He doesn't want to play football! He just wants to get out of debt and then believe me he'll be right back in India doing his yoga.

Back
Top Bottom