Is there a player that's growing on you? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a player that's growing on you?

How is the writing on the wall for him? They literally JUST gave him a contract extension. A real long one, too.

A contract that's built with an out in it as early as next season. I don't think they thought Grant was going to end the season on IR, Again!
His stock is down on this roster and this previous season could very well be his last in Miami.

This is how I'm approaching WR and RB.

5 has to be QB/part of the trade up for QB or trade down
18 seems like it has to be OT

26 if Reagor is there, he's on the shortlist for BPA, plays a high-value position, and directly benefits the QB.

If Reagor isn't there at 26, Miami could trade down, go OL again, or look at CB. Any of Edwards, Johnson, Mims, and Hodgins would be good additions later in the draft.

Akers, Edwards-Helaire, Dillon, and Vaughn are the players I'd keep an eye on at RB. Really like Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift, but the price gap is bigger than the value gap.

Sexy, Superfast car, I get it! But ouside of health, What would a kid like this bring to your offense that someone like J.Grant can't?
Catching the ball. Being a more realible wr (hopefully)

Jakeem Grant is certainly gadget-y

he’s proven to be unreliable. Can’t put his lack of success square on QB play. He’s muffed and dropped his fair share of opportunities

if he doesn’t make that awesome touchdown snag against NE a couple years ago I think a lot of people think of him differently. That play sticks for him and people keep thinking what if

the chances have been there. He doesn’t capitalize

Grant dropped 2 passes this year.

People are weird.

Come on! The guy is a muff away on punt returns. You can't even put him back there. His only value can't be KR, the rare sub on offense, and hope he doesn't get hurt.

Everyone, offensively, elevated their play with Fitz at the helm...everyone! Except one guy on offense.

This is how I'm approaching WR and RB.

5 has to be QB/part of the trade up for QB or trade down
18 seems like it has to be OT

26 if Reagor is there, he's on the shortlist for BPA, plays a high-value position, and directly benefits the QB.

If Reagor isn't there at 26, Miami could trade down, go OL again, or look at CB. Any of Edwards, Johnson, Mims, and Hodgins would be good additions later in the draft.

Akers, Edwards-Helaire, Dillon, and Vaughn are the players I'd keep an eye on at RB. Really like Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift, but the price gap is bigger than the value gap.

J-Off, what do you think of the guy out of Memphis? Antonio Gibson? On the college level he plays as a WR and RB, hes reminds me of ballage with his size, but looks to run with better pad level. Also saw a few good things from ND RB Tony Jones when I watched a game this year.

And I was on the grant train before this year.

He’s been injured as well and he’sgetting schemes open and not making plays. I think it was hoops that said long ago that you can get grants role anywhere if that’s what he’s gonna give you. I’ll give him props for being right on that one.

he’s proven to be gimmicky. Don’t know what else to say

Bet most people don't know that, of the 2020 WR's, only Tee Higgins and Jerry Jeudy were higher rated coming out of HS. Reagor's father is retired DL, Montae Reagor. He ran a 4.41 coming out of HS, but he ran an - of course, unofficial - 4.29 before the 2019 season.

For people unsure of Reagor, check out his 2019 game vs Ohio State. Keeping in mind that OSU has been as good as anyone at CB over the last 5 years, notice how easily Reagor separates.

Terrible QB play aside (30% of Reagor's targets were uncatchable - most of the 2020 prospects by about 10%), TCU didn't do much to maximize Reagor's talent. Usually, they lined him up outside, making it easy to roll coverage his way.

In 2019, he averaged 20.8 (!!) yards per punt return. He and Lynn Bowden Jr are the best in the class at returning punts.

In a stacked WR class, no one would add more to Miami's offense than Reagor. He'd open things up for Parker and Gesicki, and he's a threat to score every time he touches the ball. Elite speed, burst, and quickness, and he's strong/thick.

Btw, when you see him wearing 18 in these highlights, it's from his Freshman year, when he was 18 years old.

I’d replace jakeem grant with that in a nanosecond. Problem is it’s probably gonna cost you pick 26 or 39 and I doubt miami will invest in the position that early.

that kids got some juice out of cuts and some burners

I’d replace jakeem grant with that in a nanosecond. Problem is it’s probably gonna cost you pick 26 or 39 and I doubt miami will invest in the position that early.

that kids got some juice out of cuts and some burners

You can wait a little longer and maybe get Bowden out of Kentucky...

That kid looks like a better draft value play similar ask to ruggs that may be in some regards a little more polished. Body might be a little better for contact too but ruggs isn’t soft either.

I didn’t think there was another kid with that similar ask in the class.

I don’t think he will get drafted before ruggs cause that sec comp will do a lot of talking

they both gonna light up the 40

You can wait a little longer and maybe get Bowden out of Kentucky...

I watched him play qb in the bowl game I can’t imagine he will run like those kids. Just watching him at qb I was thinking he’d clock in the mid to late 4.5s

can make people miss but maybe more quick than fast. I dont know haven’t seen him play wr but that’s the vibe I got

I watched him play qb in the bowl game I can’t imagine he will run like those kids. Just watching him at qb I was thinking he’d clock in the mid to late 4.5s

can make people miss but maybe more quick than fast. I dont know haven’t seen him play wr but that’s the vibe I got

I don't think he is reagor, Hamlin, or Ruggs level speed, but he should be a good value WR that will play like a faster Landry. If we are looking for a inside piece to compliment the twin towers on the outside.

Back
Top Bottom