Is there a player that's growing on you? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there a player that's growing on you?

I don't think he is reagor, Hamlin, or Ruggs level speed, but he should be a good value WR that will play like a faster Landry. If we are looking for a inside piece to compliment the twin towers on the outside.

I forgot about Hamlin. He’s kinda raw for me in terms of what I think he can do but the ask I would think would be similar to a ruggs or reagor.

i would think it would go ruggs, reagor, Hamlin, Bowden in terms of draft order.

maybe Hamlin sniffs pick 50 maybe Bowden sniffs 75

I forgot about Hamlin. He’s kinda raw for me in terms of what I think he can do but the ask I would think would be similar to a ruggs or reagor.

i would think it would go ruggs, reagor, Hamlin, Bowden in terms of draft order.

maybe Hamlin sniffs pick 50 maybe Bowden sniffs 75

That's the order I expect, as well. I prefer Reagor, because he wins in more ways than Ruggs, and imo he has a better feel for leverage as a route runner and with the ball in his hands. I'm also encouraged by his production right out of the gate. Came to TCU as a top recruit (ESPN rated him as the 6th WR in 2017) and played well as a freshman before going off as a sophomore. His stats look modest until you see how poor TCU's passing game was - for all three years but especially in 2019. Ruggs likely runs a better 40, but as you said, both wil run blazing times, and Reagor looks quicker and like he has more burst than Ruggs - praising Reagor, not knocking Ruggs, as he's plenty quick and explosive. In addition to Reagor having a profile I like a lot, his 2018 game vs Ohio State got me.

I think Ruggs will be a valuable player, but I don't think he'll be a high-volume WR. He'll still open things up, be a tremendous deep threat, and take the occasional short pass to the house, but I think he's going to disappear for stretches. He's more of a turbo-charged Kenny Stills than a D. Jackson or T. Hill.

I'm a little worried about Hamler's slightness, and I'm a little discouraged by his work as a return man. I still like him, but I feel less sure of him.

Bowden Jr is one of my favorite players in the draft, but I do think he'll run more in the 4.45-4.52 range, and his limited work as a receiver makes him more of a projection. I think he'll develop into an excellent slot, with some upside to play outside, but that 50-75 range seems right to me.

You check out Bryan Edwards at all? Very different receiver - big, strong guy with surprising speed, rather than blazing speed. Currently projected just outside the Top 100, I think he'd give Miami that player that makes tough catches and moves the chains, without sacrificing much big-play ability. Reagor early and Edwards a little later would give Miami a complete group of receivers. I know that most bristle at the idea of drafting two WR's, claiming WR to be a strength, but after Parker, all I see is potential in P. Williams (not something or someone I'm counting on), a solid guy in Ford, and a couple gadget players in Grant and Wilson. Outside of fixing the OL and finding an elite, do-it-all TE, nothing will help a young QB more than surrounding him with a great group of WR's, and early success is very important. If your future QB doesn't play in 2020, even better. When he plays in 2021, the WR's will have a year of development under their belts.

Miami does need some elite speed at WR. I wouldn't cut Grant, but if I can find a kid that is a better WR thats just as fast I'd cut him.

Ruggs fits that to a T and if we draft his qb getting him at 26 would be fantastic value IMO.

I agree about hamlers slightness being a concern. I just think his top end speed will probably get him drafted top 50.

id probably look to go a different route for the ask

I'm not drinking the Hamler Kool aid, I have to say. Think as a late round pick he could be interesting but he's likely to go a lot too high for me to be interested. There are definately tiers within this WR group and if you can get one at a value spot outside his tier gonna difficult to pass up. If FA goes well and we fill a lot of those gaping holes we have, we may be able to take a WR high. My order would be:

1. Lamb
2. Jeudy
3. Shenault
4. Raeger
5. Higgins
6. Ruggs
7. Aiyuk

After that looking at mid to low round prospects and there are a ton of them, think a few really exceptional wideout prospects will not get drafted this year, because the class is so deep.

I like Bowden a lot; as some people have mentioned he will need some development and polish but as you do that he can play RB, H-back, WR, P/KR the guy just makes plays. Not sure if his bowl game thing will hurt his stock but the guy has dog in him which I feel like is welcome on this team.

KJ Hill had a good senior bowl and could be a pretty quick study in the slot, he is more quick then fast but he can still get you YAC. Just not to the level of Raeger, Ruggs or Bowden

Good call out J-off on Edwards, he is a tough SOB who can catch in traffic and has come burst on the in cut and slant routes. Big strong kid too, would fit our WR profile. I know Wilson and Grant are small but if we added someone like Edwards look at this...

Parker 6'4
Williams 6'5
Hurns 6'3
Gesicki 6'6
Edwards 6'3

Wow doesnt really matter how many or good your corners are if Miami's WRs can just out jump and bully them all day.

As far as receivers go, I think Joe Reed or Donovan People-Jones as a day 3 pick make sense to me. Depth receivers with return ability at low cost.

Some 3rd round or later types growing on me...

RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB Joshua Kelley
RB Michael Warren
WR K.J. Hill
WR Antonio Gandy-Golden
WR James Proche
WR Aaron Parker
TE Adam Trautman
TE Harrison Bryant
TE Josiah Deguara
TE Eli Wolf
TE C.J. O'Grady
OT Ben Bartch
OT Charlie Heck
OT Alex Taylor
OG John Simpson
OG Shane Lemieux
OG Netane Muti
OG Damien Lewis
OG Jonah Jackson
OC Cesar Ruiz
DT Davon Hamilton
DL Marlon Davidson
DL TerShawn Wharton
DL Garrett Marino
DE Trevis Gipson
DE Terrell Lewis
DE Alex Highsmith
DE Jabari Zuniga
DE Carter Coughlin
DE Kendall Coleman
DE Bryce Huff
OLB Anfernee Jennings
OLB D.J. Wonnum
OLB Tipa Galeiai
LB Evan Weaver
LB Willie Gay
CB Cameron Dantzler
CB Parnell Motley
CB Nevelle Clarke
CB Jace Whittaker
S Kyle Dugger
S Ashtyn Davis
S Terrell Burgess
S Jeremy Chinn
S Patrick Nelson

Probably forgetting a few.

Reagor being mocked in the first now. Also, this would be a nice draft for us in the first keeping all 3 picks

Back
Top Bottom