Is there any chance that we will offer Mcmichael a new contract? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is there any chance that we will offer Mcmichael a new contract?

gmoney41

Starter
Reaction score
I really want to see Mcmichael stay on this team for many years to come. Do you think we will wait until the end of this season to offer him a new contract? I think we should do it as soon as possible.

He has a lot to prove to grant him the type of contract he demands. Not consistent enough.

I think negotiations will start after the season starts. We're gonna guage what he thinks he's worth and go from there. If his contract demands are unrealisitic, we'll either let him go via Free agency or we'll slap the Franchise tag on him.

I think Miam should Sign McMichael to a long term deal when it comes down to it, he is a very good TE.

I would really like him to stay LOOOONGG but players egos are very volatile.

His demands are not that bad to be honest, as long we sign him before Gates. They are not near Tony Gonzalex, Kelln Winslow. They are not Chris Chambers numbers either. You would be surprised.

As far as I am concerned he is the best player our offense has by a long shot. I dont think it would be a stretch to say he is one of our best if not best players on the team. If you consider the fact that he caught more balls than our number 1 reciever last year and the offense isnt even geared towards him. McMike has that fire that you look for in football players, I love seeing him get in peoples face when we are not playing well. He gives 110% everytime he steps on the field thats why I chose the name. We need to lock him up long term he is such a weapon

My sense is that they're going to see what they have left after signing the rookies and any June 1 cap casualties and are then going to start working on a deal with Randy that I hope will get done in short order. He deserves money that reflect his status as in the thick of it for that second tier of NFL TEs. He's not going to get Gonzalez money like somebody said, but he'll get paid nicely for a TE in this league.

He wants a contract like Alge Crumpler in Atlanta, he got a pretty good deal too I'll try to get the numbers in a second. BTW, I think he is the best overall player on O but not the whole team. Chris Chambers is an extremely close second though, they are both very good players and I expect Chris Chambers to be Pro Bowl bound very soon, justification: see the Turkeyday game against the then VERY good Dallas D. Lol, looking back, before the game Deion Sanders said and I quote "Ill be suprised if Miami scores" we went on to get 41 I believe..

I think that if McMike get show to us he has earned a new contract this year then he should get one. If he doesnt like the one he earns not want then he can walk.

Once we do something with Surtain it will free up money for McMike. As long as he doesnt expect to be paid like the top 2 or 3 TEs we need to keep him.

I'm not sure a TE like McM is such a priority in Linehan's offense. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I can't remember the Vikes using TE besides blocking.

Jermaine Wiggins led the vikes in receptions since moss was hurt...in linehands offense

I think it will happen after the beginning of the season. He has to show more consistency and our offense has to show that it needs a high priced talent at tight end and not just a serviceable one.

Linehan isnt just going to come in and get rid of our best players b/c they dont fit the offense he ran in Minnesota. He will build his offense around what we have and what we plan on having after the draft.

Back
Top Bottom