Is There Any Truth To What Jim Hasbeen Was Saying About Our Projected Starter at SS? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is There Any Truth To What Jim Hasbeen Was Saying About Our Projected Starter at SS?

ChambersNBoston

Dan Marino is a God
Reaction score
you know about how his ball skills aren't very good and how its the oddest thing how he cant seem to catch the ball to save his life...was he trippin cuz he likes to rip players after they depart his team?...How good is Jones?

He's a little below average in ball hawking skills....but he hits like freight train (well, maybe not freight train...but at least like a subway train:lol: ). I think Saban wants him more to shore up our run defense than to get INTs.

HAslett is lucky that hes still the coach, he shouldn t bad mouth players he badmouthed ricky Kyle Turley and now T Jones get a grip HAslett

Haslett should worry about his own damn team instead of flapping his lips about other teams and players that are not on his team anymore.

I think there is some truth to some of his rep.He was expected to be a star in N.O .but he didnt live up to expectations.I think Saban wants more of a containment type of S rather than a S who gets a lot of stats.

I live in New Orleans.

Jim Haslett is just a puppet of the Saints team owner, Tom Benson. He says what Benson wants, and does what Benson wants.

Haslett, like some others have said, is VERY lucky to still have a head coaching job in the NFL.

I don't know why, but Haslett has the need to absolutely rip the players who used to play on his team that he gets rid of. He feels like he needs to vindicate himself of all the mistakes he and the Saints front office has made.

It's probably a God complex.

He has a horrible coaching staff, led by Rick Venturi as a defensive coordinator.

Venturi is comparable to Tom Olivadoti, for those who remember him.
THAT is bad.

Jones took the high road in saying that Haslett is totally different from Bill Belichick and Nick Saban, and he left it at that.

All I know is, I'll be there on October 30th in the Superdome, and I'll give Tebucky Jones a standing-O when he is introduced and BOOOOO Haslett when he is introduced.

Go Fins. Haslett sucks.

yankeehillbilly said:
ARRRRRGGHHHHHH.......not "OLIVEHEAD"!!! I'd have been happy to have gone all year without hearing that name.

Sorry! :couch:

...But that's just the reality of it. That's how bad the Saint's coaching staff is. Especially on defense.

It sucks. (which a'int bad for us on October 30th.)

I hope Jones takes it too heart and decieds to prove Hasselt wrong

he will pick one off on OCT 30 and run 90 yds for a TOUCHDOWN! and look towards Haslett's and tell him to shhh....and spike it really hard...that would be sweet.

t-buckey was blessed with outstanding size speed combo, but cursed with bad ball skills. he has been miscast as a cb/fs type when he really has the ss brain. i really believe the move to ss will allow him to be the best player he can be.i think he is going to have such a good year that if we only signed him to a one year deal that we may not be able to afford him next year.

can ball skills be improved thru coaching and what about catching?

ChambersNBoston said:
he will pick one off on OCT 30 and run 90 yds for a TOUCHDOWN! and look towards Haslett's and tell him to shhh....and spike it really hard...that would be sweet.

You would see me jump up and down and cream my pants on CBS if/when that happened.

I'd be so happy.

Haslett sucks.

dodge said:
t-buckey was blessed with outstanding size speed combo, but cursed with bad ball skills. he has been miscast as a cb/fs type when he really has the ss brain. i really believe the move to ss will allow him to be the best player he can be.i think he is going to have such a good year that if we only signed him to a one year deal that we may not be able to afford him next year.

100% Correct.

unifiedtheory said:
Haslett should worry about his own damn team instead of flapping his lips about other teams and players that are not on his team anymore.
Exactly! Just because THE SAINTS (not him) had a nice little run towards the end of the season, he thinks he could talk trash. He even said the Saints finished the best team in the NFC. He hasn't accomplished ANYTHING there in New Orleans with all the talent they have on offense yet he still has his job. He's got to be the worst coach in the NFC if not the NFL. He admitted he used steroids when he played in the NFL and talked trash about the 70's Steelers for using steroids. This guy is just a pure a$$hole.

As for TeBucky, he's a great run stopping safety and is a pretty solid tackler. He lacks a bit in coverage skills but his speed is definite improvement from Sammy Knight last year, but I'm not bashing Sammy Knight because I thought he did a pretty damn good job here with his run in Miami. TeBucky Jones should do fine with us and I'm not going to take anything Haslett says seriously and he should be worrying about his own problems. He also talked **** about Ricky when we got him here too. So first Ricky, now TeBucky. I can't wait until we play them this year and TeBucky has great game and excells in his PASS COVERAGE while we can POUND IT TO RICKY that game and shove it down Haslett's throat so he can eat his own words.

Back
Top Bottom