Is There Anyone That Likes the Branch Deal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is There Anyone That Likes the Branch Deal?

I thought the low end deal he had the year before was plenty. An ok player, nothing more. A competent FO would have went out and signed "this years Branch" to a one year deal.

I would have rather given the spot to Harris and gave that money to a competent guard.

Most of the contracts they have out this past year pretty much have an out after next year. Branch, Stills, Kiko, McDonald, and Reshad can be cut after next season with minimal cap hits. So yeah we just gotta ride it out one more season. Hopefully some younger players do what Cordreq did to Maxwell and they will be gone sooner.

I didn't mind the contract at the time, but the contract that I thought was stupid, Is the Alonso contract. Why would you give an oft-injured below average player a big contract?

Branch has been a disappointment for sure this season, he seems to be just coasting along.

I like Reshad but you can tell when it comes to coverage he struggles and would likely prefer to just stay in the box.

I've been saying this for years about Jones, and have been screaming for a ball hawking true FS. How long has it been since we've seen a safety undercut a route and get an interception? Jones has had one where the ball was tipped or severely overthrown and it went right to him, but I'm talking about a play where the safety is actually in position, reads the play, makes a break on the ball and gets an int... its been forever since that's happened and that's just sad.

I've been saying this for years about Jones, and have been screaming for a ball hawking true FS. How long has it been since we've seen a safety undercut a route and get an interception? Jones has had one where the ball was tipped or severely overthrown and it went right to him, but I'm talking about a play where the safety is actually in position, reads the play, makes a break on the ball and gets an int... its been forever since that's happened and that's just sad.
You said it...........no argument from me.

Stuck with Branch next year.

Anyone else think moving reshad to linebacker a la Thomas Davis would be good if a FS is BPA in round 1?

Go check out the thread announcing the deal, lots of people liked it. They parroted that dumbass "keep your own" mantra

Funny thing is the Dolphins need the keep your own strategy because the coaching is so bad and the players are so dumb it takes several years to learn the system. ;-)

It was a bad deal when made and then it was compounded when they used our #1 pick on a guy that plays the same position as the guy they just signed for $10 million a year!?!?!?!

Go check out the thread announcing the deal, lots of people liked it. They parroted that dumbass "keep your own" mantra
I liked it. I thought he was beginning to come into his own last season, and the DE market was dry, although I did prefer bringing Sheard home.

But he has regressed tremendously. You can tell he got paid and simply stopped giving a ****. Hope we can get rid of him ASAP along with that ****boy Kiko.

Back
Top Bottom