Is This Mularkey's Last Year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is This Mularkey's Last Year?

Is This Mularkey's Last Year?

• Yes, He Sucks!

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • No, Nick Will Give Him Other Chance(s)

Votes: 32 41.6%

• Total voters

postermaster

Finsavior
Reaction score
When I start thinking about what do we did wrong to be at 5 - 7, and I think at every position specially at the defense it seems to be everything in order, but at the offense, eventhough we have great players, we do not make big offensive plays, the only problem that comes to my mind is the offensive plays that Mike Mularkey decides to make...

I think that some good head coaches are going to be fired after the regular season end, we should be able to find a solid offensive coordinator out of those coaches and fire Mike Mularkey.

Give him one more year. Just joking,he should have been fired by now for all the lame calls he has made.

I guess I don't know what to say at this point. I don't think he's that great of an offensive coordinator, but at some point doesn't the team need to stop getting a new one every season?

yes the sickness inside me finally crawls out and dies...i mean MM his a$$ is gone take my word for that!!! and thier wont be no lucrative $557,000 offer to get him to leave.......Saban has that day marked on his calandar!!
Linehan please please come back!!!

I hope he leaves. Getting a new offensive coordinator is not going to set us back, contrary to popular belief. Besides, there is really no way to degress from what we have now. These guys are football players who have been involved in many levels of football and have played in quite a few different offenses. The only thing that really varies is terminology. What it boils down to is this: Can a guy block? Does he know his routes? Does he know how to read blocks on draws? Can he read a defense as it pertains to specific plays? The only players it would effect at all is players who might come in very late and are behind the majority of the team in learning the new offensive terminology. The only trouble you have is applying the new terminology to the field. If a player really dedicates himself to it, this shouldn't be an issue. If you have guy who is lazy or unmotivated, then it could hurt. I've been around football for a good while as a player/coach and have learned quite a few offenses - some very complex.
What we need is an offensive coordinator who is more aggressive, and one who is not constantly shooting himself in the foot with questionable calls. Being that Saban intends to keep the same terminology for the "Miami Dolphins" offense, then this shouldn't really effect the players - particularly the ones on the team now. I'm all for a switch.

DolphinzD said:
I guess I don't know what to say at this point. I don't think he's that great of an offensive coordinator, but at some point doesn't the team need to stop getting a new one every season?
I was calling for his head along with everyone all season long. We probably should have let him go mid season..But I am going to say that no matter how much I CAN NOT stand him, and believe me, I hate him just as much as the next person, but I dont think it will be such a good idea to let him go and start off with a whole new offensive game plan again...That would be 4th in 4 years. That is no way to build an offense, no matter how crappy the OC is...I say we let him have one more shot, and Saban should take control over the final say in what offensive plays are called. Or maybe hire an "advisor" to help with the play calling...I just think its a bad idea to jump from OC to OC...We need some stability on offense

Well if we are getting rid of him, now would be the time so this New guy could get some games in with the O and not have to wait till next year training camp to familiarize!

Yes (1 vote)

The next time I see Miami line up in a 5-wide set on third-and-two only to see Harrington throw the ball 1.5 yards I'm gonna go Elvis Presley on my TV set.

On the one hand, you have people that say (correctly) that Ronnie Brown is being wasted in an offense that underutilizes him. This may be even more of a problem next year if Ricky comes back.

On the other hand, you have people saying we need to keep this joker around simply for continuity's sake.

I would rather have a new guy who can actually utilize this team's strengths and improve the offense (which blows) than the old guy who's proven he can't do the job.

FinFaninMS said:
On the one hand, you have people that say (correctly) that Ronnie Brown is being wasted in an offense that underutilizes him. This may be even more of a problem next year if Ricky comes back.

On the other hand, you have people saying we need to keep this joker around simply for continuity's sake.

I would rather have a new guy who can actually utilize this team's strengths and improve the offense (which blows) than the old guy who's proven he can't do the job.
Good point also

IMO he has to go i mean he was the key to when we were loosing and when we were winning it was with a lot of help from the defense and he had nothing to do with that, i mean the KC game when we were trying to play it safe and run out the clock he called a wr reverse?? what is that? and then going back to some other key looses the texans game where he decided to let ronnie throw it...just idiotic decesions like that made me turn on him quickly, i personaly think saban will give him another chance soo im hoping that some how he can correct or notice his poor play calling

It all depends in my opinion. We haven't finished the season yet, and there are still games to be played. If the offense can show signs of improvement, it may be in our best interest to keep Mularkey around for another year.....

Changing OC's year after year is never a good way to build continuity on offense. Unless some sure fire OC becomes available to us this offseason, I don't see a change. You never know though....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I like the "advisor" idea. It will keep consistency with the guy we have but at the same time it will give us someone with half a brain.

Calgaryfin said:
Consistency is what this team needs not the third OC in 3 years. Mularkey did a good job in Pitt and will do ok here once everyone gets adjusted. Couple upgrades on the OL and we will have a running game and be good to go!

YUP! I AGREE Miami starts slow last season, turns it on and finishes with 6 straight wins. Linehan leaves. Miami starts this season slow, Miami turns it on and now we want to fire Mularky? Next year Miami will have (hopefully) a healthy Culpepper. Ronnie Brown & (hopefully) Ricky Williams. With the discussed cap room -- an upgraded OL. Let's not add to the questions by changing OC again. Let's see what we would have looked at if all the pieces would have fit...

Back
Top Bottom