Is this the Plan?? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

:lol: Wasn't wrong at all, this roster is ****ing terrible, just as it was designed to be (at least you better hope it was, because it's even worse if somebody actually thought this was a foundation on which to build a team). 2 wins, one against another terrible team and one against a mediocre team without it's starting QB (who was a backup going into the season) and their top offensive weapon, doesn't change that. Hold onto that hope man. It will pay off one of these decades. If you're not already okay with mediocrity (which you have proven to be quite comfortable with), you better learn to be if the Phins miss out on a real QB again, which they probably will. But hey man, you can hear the Phins called a bunch on draft day, which is always fun and stuff.
What a douche bag post, Just because I don’t agree with you about how to get there , you think i like mediocrity, okay pal. I stated as much in my post that you responded to,

when we were losing by 40 i was told by people here to relax. this is the plan. where the **** are those people now? cuz we're winning meaningless games and arent getting burrow or tua. is that the plan now ? where are your almighty asses now???
Actually we told you to break the season into quarters and hope the team shows improvement throughout the season.

The first quarter we looked horrible: 0-4 with 4 blowout losses against 4 playoff caliber teams; our coaching staff showed a lot of improvement in the second quarter: 1-3 with no blowouts, albeit against lesser quality teams; and now we are 1-0 in the third quarter.

Think of all those picks as tank insurance. If we REALLY want a QB, we have more ammo than any other team in the league to get him.

lol, now Drake is a Barkley potential? You know if you miss him and former Dolphins players so much then you can follow them on their respective teams fan forums. This is a DOLPHINS forum for CURRENT Dolphins players. I support all our current players and don’t cry about former players.

Not what i was saying but whatever...
And again as a 42 year fan of this team I am not going to be lectured regarding Dolphin related newsand because I think they screwed up and to please the tankers so stop crying about debate which is one of the reasons forums exist
people disagree with you...got it?

Not what i was saying but whatever...
And again as a 42 year fan of this team I am not going to be lectured regarding Dolphin related newsand because I think they screwed up and to please the tankers so stop crying about debate which is one of the reasons forums exist
people disagree with you...got it?

OMG, go to sleep! No one's going to go back and forth about Drake or other former players...let it go man! they're gone. Move forward!

OMG, go to sleep! No one's going to go back and forth about Drake or other former players...let it go man! they're gone. Move forward!

Former players have been discussed in this thread
But i will move past it
I will just recite your words of wisdom when Tua is not a Fin ;)

What a douche bag post, Just because I don’t agree with you about how to get there , you think i like mediocrity, okay pal. I stated as much in my post that you responded to,

I stand corrected, they showed this week that all they needed was time to adapt to the system. Playoffs baby!

This roster is ****ing terrible. The only hope for Dolphins fans is that it was on porpoise.

I stand corrected, they showed this week that all they needed was time to adapt to the system. Playoffs baby!

This roster is ****ing terrible. The only hope for Dolphins fans is that it was on porpoise.
Another douche bag response, for one I never said this was an all star team, second I never mentioned playoffs. I’m embarrassed for you saving this post so you could come back with this out of touch and made up response.
Loser mentality is strong.

what I know is we sold off ouryoung talent for future picks. without a stud QB, those picks are not worth the gamble

2021 Lawrence?

I'd take that gamble regardless how weak the ACC currently is as you can only beat whats put out in front of you.

erp-implementation-dog-meme-3.png

Another douche bag response, for one I never said this was an all star team, second I never mentioned playoffs. I’m embarrassed for you saving this post so you could come back with this out of touch and made up response.
Loser mentality is strong.

:lol: I love the switch from ****iness in the "takes 5-6 games to get in sync" post to anger in this one. I get it, man, sucks to be wrong. A garbage roster "in sync" is still a garbage roster.

Looking forward to the next passive, weak ass attempts at insults.

:lol: I love the switch from ****iness in the "takes 5-6 games to get in sync" post to anger in this one. I get it, man, sucks to be wrong. A garbage roster "in sync" is still a garbage roster.

Looking forward to the next passive, weak *** attempts at insults.
Where do you get anger in my post about your drivel, but hey if it makes you feel better I’m OK.
Also when you get a chance show me where I said anything about the quality of talent on this team, and where I said that we are going to the playoffs.

Last edited:
Look, I want the Dolphins to win as much as anyone. That being said, NOT THIS YEAR!! I didn't want them to have the shame of going 0-16, but winning more than that does NOTHING for the long term hopes of the Dolphins. When they traded away Tunsil, Stills, Fitzgerald, and Drake, they were giving up on this season.

There are 2 potentially franchise-changing QBs that they are playing themselves out of getting one of them. Yes, they can trade up, but that will cost draft picks and that is not something this team can afford to give up. It is amazing that this team can't even tank properly.

There are only 2 potential franchise QBs that you know of...but there aren't only two in the draft. That's poppy****. If you look at the best NFL QBs, most of them were not first or second picks in the draft. Wilson, Jackson, Brees, the guy in NE, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Rodgers, many others...recent number one or two draft picks...Jameis Winston, Baker, Mariota, RGIII, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz etc etc. No guarantees there.

The idea you have to get the first pick to draft a good QB is such utter nonsense it's barely tolerable...when history clearly shows otherwise.

There are only 2 potential franchise QBs that you know of...but there aren't only two in the draft. That's poppy****. If you look at the best NFL QBs, most of them were not first or second picks in the draft. Wilson, Jackson, Brees, the guy in NE, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Rodgers, many others...recent number one or two draft picks...Jameis Winston, Baker, Mariota, RGIII, Jared Goff, Carson Wentz etc etc. No guarantees there.

The idea you have to get the first pick to draft a good QB is such utter nonsense it's barely tolerable...when history clearly shows otherwise.
Since history has 20/20 vision. We should just acquire picks and spin the wheel of football fortune?? One of those picks will hit then??

Or we should sign more castoffs? Or spend more seconds on failed firsts?

antways all the ncaa qbs sans Tua who is likely done for 1-2 years, do not look capable enough to start off the hop so might as well pick a few who slip later ala Eason or Love and Huntley start Fitz behind an revamped Oline that needs to learn to gel pronto

use early picks to bolster D and oline

I agree with your premise that you really never know for sure, pre draft, who will be successful, and who may not be.

I think your arguement, however, is flawed.

There are a lot of failures as top QB picks. Many would be failures, for various reasons, regardless of the situation, but many also fail because the team, as a whole, around them are failures. Do you think Brady wins a handful of rings if he's drafted by the Lions? I doubt it. Do you think Brees has the great success if is picked up by Tampa, as opposed to the Saints with Payton? Questionable at best.

It's not as simple as some try to make it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom