Is this the Plan?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

I love how every says we have the ammo to move up and get our QB.... What if nobody wants to trade with us and they want the qb? Cincinnati will absolutely draft a QB first... Jets will probably take Chase Young and not want to trade out of the spot. Redskins may say they dont think Haskins has it and drafts the #2 qb out of Tua or Burrow. I guess we could settle for the 3rd qb... But just because we have all of these draft picks doesnt mean we can just move up to get Tua\Burrow someone has to agree to that trade...

Nobody's trading out of those top 2 spots. Tua has to refuse...

I don't understand the point of trading your All- Pro caliber LT and and pro bowl caliber safety if your not fully committed to tanking.

I agree with Fitzpatrick and wonder wtf really happened there. Wish we could have kept him. I don't see him as the type to quit/whine as was reported and doubt we'll ever know the truth.

I think with Tunsil/Stills we were just offered too much. I think 90%+ of the GM's in the NFL would make that trade. Tunsil hasn't had a flawless couple years either, he missed a game or two for "slipping in the shower" and I believe has also missed time for the Texans already. Getting offered two first round picks and a 2nd for him and Stills was too good of a deal to pass up.

Look, I want the Dolphins to win as much as anyone. That being said, NOT THIS YEAR!! I didn't want them to have the shame of going 0-16, but winning more than that does NOTHING for the long term hopes of the Dolphins. When they traded away Tunsil, Stills, Fitzgerald, and Drake, they were giving up on this season.

There are 2 potentially franchise-changing QBs that they are playing themselves out of getting one of them. Yes, they can trade up, but that will cost draft picks and that is not something this team can afford to give up. It is amazing that this team can't even tank properly.

Your problem is you believed the tanking scenario constructed by the media and fans that love the draft. This season was about develop young players and growing the coaching staff into their new roles. Obviously, we have a lot of draft picks for player acquisition. No NFL team would intentionally lose. It is reasonable to reset and try to grow a young nucleus of players.

Many posters say the front office decided that we'd deplete our roster so we could draft the first QB, but this has always just been speculation...

At the end of the game, Ross was on the field with a HUGE smile on his face. Clearly, he was not hoping for a loss.
This has NEVER been about tanking for one particular QB; there are a number of very likely looking QBs in this draft and it may well be that the F.O. is high on one of the not-Tuas.

Maybe Herbert... maybe Eason... maybe even Love. None of us know who they like, and if they are smart, they will keep it that way.

Yes clearly the front office put this current roster together with the goal of winning.

Sigh... I get the sarcasm, but you fail to differentiate between player development induced by removing progress blockers from the team and tanking.

Building a winning culture is important, though. The fact that Miami has won a few games with such a lack of talent, shows well for the future. The team should still end up with a top five pick and, let's face it, nobody really knows how the draft will pan out. There are always a lot of surprises in the NFL draft as far as what players emerge etc.

Ehh screw it over it. If this coaching staff is getting wins with these scrubs after 140 million in cap space, trade the farms for Tua or Burrows if we need to. Sure it’s not ideal but I’d rather know we have a great coaching staff rather than getting the number one pick and coaches ruin him cause they don’t have a clue.

They traded a safety who didn't want to be here, and got an offer that was too much to deny. That part of it is not hard. Isn't it more important that they resemble a TEAM, more so than any we've seen in about 10 years? They are set up very well IF it is executed the right way. I think this staff has the Dolphins relevant in less time than I originally thought.

Additionally, I think it's better to sustain organizational success than the "hope" of 8-8 or squeezing into the playoffs. I'm excited although I want the 1-3 pick.

Back
Top Bottom