Is this the Plan?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

The FO gave their best effort by trading away almost all of our high-end talent, but this team just isn’t bad enough to lose every game, especially when you have a bunch of cast-offs and UDFAs that are hungry to stay in the NFL.

At this point, the plan needs to be to just keep getting the young guys better. We will draft where we will draft. It is what it is. I know most of you won't agree, but we have no control over this. To tell a group of young guys to lose is wrong. More than half of this board was set on Tua. Now, it's Burrow. Tomorrow, maybe it's someone else. We don't even know if Tua is going to come out this year, especially if Burrow is projected now as the #1. I don't watch a lot of college football, but I do know that Tua missed a few games due to injury and Burrow just doesn't seem to me to have the "IT" factor. I just want to watch my team improve and look forward to the future. I have enjoyed the last 2 weeks. I'm good with a guy like Love or Eason. I'm good giving Rosen 1 more year. I'm good with whatever. I have to be. I have no say in it and I cannot control it. I'm just a fan.

Fire away...

So they can trade them.

We need to be drafting 3 players with our 3 first round picks, our roster has too many holes for us not too. What we are doing here is putting ourselves into a position where we won't be able to do that and have to give up at least one of them to draft probably the third best QB (because the Bengals and whoever end up #2 are not trading out). #rd best in my view is Herbert, I would be extremely uncomfortable having to trade away capital for him despite how much I like is upside.

The other thing we did today by winning is devalue our Texans 1st rounder, Indy further behind them now :(

The plan was not to win this years, the words of the owner when he fired Gase for wanting to win now, This is so 2011 where we bring in Moore to win us 6 games and end up drafting Tannehill, I'm sorry but that doesn't excite me at all.

Draft in whichever order you get by playing to win each game. There should be confidence that the people making the pick(s) are competent, regardless of when those picks occur. If we have to rely on losing in order to feel better about our "premium" draft position, we've got way bigger problems than just finding out next QB.

when we were losing by 40 i was told by people here to relax. this is the plan. where the **** are those people now? cuz we're winning meaningless games and arent getting burrow or tua. is that the plan now ? where are your almighty asses now???

I agree with Fitzpatrick and wonder wtf really happened there. Wish we could have kept him. I don't see him as the type to quit/whine as was reported and doubt we'll ever know the truth.

I think with Tunsil/Stills we were just offered too much. I think 90%+ of the GM's in the NFL would make that trade. Tunsil hasn't had a flawless couple years either, he missed a game or two for "slipping in the shower" and I believe has also missed time for the Texans already. Getting offered two first round picks and a 2nd for him and Stills was too good of a deal to pass up.
:bobdole:

when we were losing by 40 i was told by people here to relax. this is the plan. where the **** are those people now? cuz we're winning meaningless games and arent getting burrow or tua. is that the plan now ? where are your almighty asses now???
:bobdole:

Haha, this team can't even tank right.
And yet the offseason Super Bowl winners (Browns, etc), the solid SB capable teams (Atlanta, etc) have all at times looked worse than the tanking Dolphins. Hm...I think the narrative that was written about this worst talented team in NFL history has hit a snag....

The players are going to play to win. I realize that doesn't get you the prize you are looking for, but the players are not in on the tank nor would they ever be. They play to win, along with the coaches.
Exactly. That's why Ryan Fitspatrick should have never been brought in in the first place.

Sigh... I get the sarcasm, but you fail to differentiate between player development induced by removing progress blockers from the team and tanking.

You fail to differentiate what tanking means. No one is saying the coaches and players are trying to lose but clearly the front office did not put winning 1st when it came to this season thus the tankathon. This is not the best roster they could have fielded and if your not fielding the best roster possible than one can only assume winning is not the priority.

Pretty sure it's possible to work on player development and also not tear your roster apart otherwise how do teams like the Pats, Ravens, and Steelers etc consistently earn playoff spots.

This season is pretty much the football version of the movie Major League. The owner created a roster designed to lose (so she could move the team to Miami :) ) But the coach and the players said F@#$ that and came together to be a decent team even thought their best players were jettisoned and they brought in a bunch of no names

I thought about starting a thread named, The Crybabies Safe Space-- a place for those to come together and whine about the 'Phins winning a game, but then I thought.... why just one thread; they do it in every thread.

Back
Top Bottom