Is this the Plan?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is this the Plan??

BrowardDolfan

Club Member
Reaction score
Look, I want the Dolphins to win as much as anyone. That being said, NOT THIS YEAR!! I didn't want them to have the shame of going 0-16, but winning more than that does NOTHING for the long term hopes of the Dolphins. When they traded away Tunsil, Stills, Fitzgerald, and Drake, they were giving up on this season.

There are 2 potentially franchise-changing QBs that they are playing themselves out of getting one of them. Yes, they can trade up, but that will cost draft picks and that is not something this team can afford to give up. It is amazing that this team can't even tank properly.

Look, I want the Dolphins to win as much as anyone. That being said, NOT THIS YEAR!! I didn't want them to have the shame of going 0-16, but winning more than that does NOTHING for the long term hopes of the Dolphins. When they traded away Tunsil, Stills, Fitzgerald, and Drake, they were giving up on this season.

There are 2 potentially franchise-changing QBs that they are playing themselves out of getting one of them. Yes, they can trade up, but that will cost draft picks and that is not something this team can afford to give up. It is amazing that this team can't even tank properly.

We have no idea how many franchise qbs there will be. No one does until it all plays out in the future but most of the elite qbs now, and in the past, weren't taken at the very top of the draft.

If the qb we want most is gone then take whoever is next on our list and then double down and take another a round or two later. I'm torn too about winning but seeing what this staff is doing with so many young and supposedly low-talent players is very encouraging because just imagine what they'll do when they fill this roster with more and better talent.

Who do you want to blame? The coaches job is to Win, and every single player on this team wants to Win. The front offices' job was to deplete this team of talent to force the coach to lose.

Name a team that has had worse talent on their roster than the Dolphins had this year. All these last two weeks have told me... is that I'm incredibly excited to see what this coaching staff can do in the future. They are winning with NOTHING.

These players aren't going to lose on purpose, and neither is the coach. The front offices gave us the worst team you could imagine on the field. And despite this Coach Flores is winning. This is something to be excited about IMO.

An elite coaching staff

Last edited:
While I hate the thought of drafting anywhere below 3, isn't the best part that the Dolphins look better than any team Gase trotted out there, without the egos, without the high priced vets and with a treasure chest of picks? If you really watched this team, you can't be too surprised because this coaching staff has grown as has the players. I think we win a couple more than we were led to believe...ha.

Fitzgerald....???......

Smh

At this point, the plan needs to be to just keep getting the young guys better. We will draft where we will draft. It is what it is. I know most of you won't agree, but we have no control over this. To tell a group of young guys to lose is wrong. More than half of this board was set on Tua. Now, it's Burrow. Tomorrow, maybe it's someone else. We don't even know if Tua is going to come out this year, especially if Burrow is projected now as the #1. I don't watch a lot of college football, but I do know that Tua missed a few games due to injury and Burrow just doesn't seem to me to have the "IT" factor. I just want to watch my team improve and look forward to the future. I have enjoyed the last 2 weeks. I'm good with a guy like Love or Eason. I'm good giving Rosen 1 more year. I'm good with whatever. I have to be. I have no say in it and I cannot control it. I'm just a fan.

Fire away...

Back
Top Bottom