Is Thomas and Taylor gone after this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Thomas and Taylor gone after this year?

Hummer23

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Are Taylor and Thomas both gone after this year? Just one or neither?

I can see Thomas leaving before his contract is up. I think it all depends on how our cap looks and whether they will restructure or not.

I dont think there is any way Taylor is leaving. Why would we.. he is not that old, or overpaid. And he is the best DE in the leagues.

Jason Taylor? No. Zach Thomas? It's a possibility. It depends on a lot of factors a big one is his salary and working out a new contract. Another factor will be whether or not Saban feels Zach fits his defessive system (I think it will be determined by how he performs this year under Saban's defensive scheme). Too early to tell now, that's for sure. I'm hoping they both stay to be perfectly honest.

maybe thomas but i doubt taylor, he's going to have a very nice season with roth on the other side

I agree with all the above posters. Jason is probably staying, but there is a chance that Zach could be gone after this season. I think the majority of fans would be more likely to accept Zach leaving then Jason.

FinzManiac said:
Taylor defintely no...Zach...depends on how the year goes I think

Exactly. It all depends on how he plays this year and how he fits into Saban's defense. Time to find out if size really doesn't matter at the MLB position. Zach might shine in a more aggressive defense focused on big plays.

I think Taylor no, Thomas is a could be. I hope not to lose Zach, he is on of my favorite players. I think when it comes to Zach it will be two fold. How great of a year does he have? The other part is are any of the other young linebackers ready to step up? Zach hopefully stays, and they can rework his contract to be more friendly to the team!

It depends on alot of factors. How are the young LB's progressing, does Zach get through the year w/o injuries, and how does he do in the system. Lets face it, if he tears up this year and stays healthy, he is not going anywhere. Taylor is easy, he stays.

Hey first thing I did with my Madden 2005 franchise was trade Zach to the Chiefs for Donald Willis and their 1st round pick. :roflmao:

Zach is dispensable....at least in comparison to JT anyway. :(

Hey think the Cheif's would do that in real life? :shakeno:

:lol:

I don't think Thomas or Taylor will be gone.

Nublar7 said:
I agree with all the above posters. Jason is probably staying, but there is a chance that Zach could be gone after this season. I think the majority of fans would be more likely to accept Zach leaving then Jason.

I couldnt see Zach leave. It would kill me!..lol and we would get more as far as trade with JT anyways.

I wouldnt be against tradeing either of them after this year...I think they are both great, but after 30 how much does either of them have left? If after this year we were offered a mid first rounder for Taylor could u say no???

Back
Top Bottom