Is Thompson out? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Thompson out?

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
Now that David Boston is back is Thompson out? God I hope so.

finsnchips

2005 FinHeaven GM League Champion!!
Reaction score
no... he becomes probably the best #4 WR in the NFL.

Boik14

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
nah, i dont think we're gonna rely on D-bo. i think Saban wants to see this cat work hard and earn that #3 job from thompson. Theres no question who has more ability but i think saban is gonna want to see the work ethic.

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Thompson is fine. Boston will go on a roid rage rampage and beat someone up and get in trouble. Or his body will break down due to the roids. You can't trust Boston at this point in his career. He is a shell of his former self.

Mitchy71

Saskatchewan PhinFan
Reaction score
Yeah. Looking at Clumpys cap page it is of no benefit if we release him, still have to carry his cap number in dead weight. Still, a nice receiver to come off the bench. Unless we have to play him in as Number #2 or (gaspo!!) even Number #1 for awhile.

All this, of course, is speculation that Feely will even have time (this year, unlike last year) to actually throw to a wide out before he is put on his @ss.

painnotpleasure

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
I really hope we keep him, I've been saying all along that he would be a GREAT 4th string WR for us if David Boston came back. And finally he's back! :evil:

Agua

Fighting the media, one lie at a time
Reaction score
WHY would you want Thompson cut???? He FINALLY started coming into his own the latter half of last season.

DevilElias26

ALRIGHTTTT MIAMIIIII
Reaction score
why would you want him out? he played well down the stretch last year and doesnt really make that much money ( i dont think) so why not keep him here? its not like we have many other options behind him

Awsi Dooger

Super Duper Club
Reaction score
Agua said:
WHY would you want Thompson cut???? He FINALLY started coming into his own the latter half of last season.

Because he's pathetic. His routes suck, his instincts suck, his hands suck. He beat another receiver for a jump ball. Otherwise he's a definition of a coach killer. Just take his picture in shorts from a non-contact mini camp and that's the best Derrius Thompson you'll ever see.

Don't put too much emphasis on those meaningless games at the end of last season. I see way too many posters on this board and elsewhere doing that. Our offensive line did not signficantly improve. Our offense did not suddenly find itself due to Wanny's leash being broken. We had 1 win and other teams naturally took us for granted to some degree. The talent level in the NFL is so remarkably even it's sheer regression to the mean when a great team loses a couple late in the year or a terrible team wins a couple.

Derrius Thompson has already proven himself, a certified mediocrity or worse. If that's the level we aspire to, by all means keep him on the roster and on the field. I'm confident Nick Saban has already seen through the myth of Derrius Thompson.

Nublar7

FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Na, Thompson will stay. If Boston can stay healthy, Saban will probably just let Thompson walk next offseason(Contract is up). No need to get rid of him now, because he gives us excelent depth.

FemaleFinFan

Go G-Men!
Reaction score
Thompson isn't going anywhere. He started looking better at the end of last year. Besides, Boston probably won't make it through the season.

Lazy1

The Beer Pong Table of Champions!
Reaction score
Awsi Dooger said:
Because he's pathetic. His routes suck, his instincts suck, his hands suck. He beat another receiver for a jump ball. Otherwise he's a definition of a coach killer. Just take his picture in shorts from a non-contact mini camp and that's the best Derrius Thompson you'll ever see.

Don't put too much emphasis on those meaningless games at the end of last season. I see way too many posters on this board and elsewhere doing that. Our offensive line did not signficantly improve. Our offense did not suddenly find itself due to Wanny's leash being broken. We had 1 win and other teams naturally took us for granted to some degree. The talent level in the NFL is so remarkably even it's sheer regression to the mean when a great team loses a couple late in the year or a terrible team wins a couple.

Derrius Thompson has already proven himself, a certified mediocrity or worse. If that's the level we aspire to, by all means keep him on the roster and on the field. I'm confident Nick Saban has already seen through the myth of Derrius Thompson.

It would be nice if we didnt have to carry any mediocre players and everyone on our roster was a top notch all-pro...However in what we call "reality" a 3rd or 4th reciever shouldnt take up too much cap and pretty much be solid depth and catch passes here and there (4th wr atleast). I like Thompson and think if he gets balls thrown his way he will be successfu and think he is very coachable.

dolfanmark

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Thompson is pretty terrible. But, there's no way anyone with half a brain would count on a contribution from David Boston. Boston is so unreliable that Thompson has to be kept around as insurance.

Top Bottom