Is Tom Brady on the radar for 2020 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady on the radar for 2020

Let’s not downplay Brady’s greatness. He is the GOAT whether you want to admit it or not. Jimmy G & Brissett started like a combined 4 or 5 games. Cassel started almost a full season surrounded by maybe the most talented team of all time. I don’t think Brady or Belichick would have any rings without each other. The most talented qb I have ever seen was Marino, but he’s not the goat.
Not the GOAT, not by a long stretch. NE wins games as a team, a team with less then amazing talent on paper, but coached to exceptionalism. Brady epitomizes this. He was a sixth round pick with zero exceptional talent save his intelligence and work ethic, but he bought into a system and gave 100 percent exactly as asked. While they are linked together, Bellichek is the only one in NE deserving any individual GOAT accolades.

I would sign Tom Brady, draft a QB and then go ALL defense.

I would literally make him play with this exact same offense. I would also symbolically trade Jessie Davis a week before the season opener, for anything I can get.

I would love for him to play so bad he'd have to get benched for a rookie. I would also love watching him take sack upon sack.

All kidding aside, I'd puke at the sight of him a Dolphins jersey.

He wants to be a Niner. I could see him in Vegas as well.

Tom Brady will finish his career in NE, and given the Key to the City for the rest of his days.
He's not going to another team.

Not the GOAT, not by a long stretch. NE wins games as a team, a team with less then amazing talent on paper, but coached to exceptionalism. Brady epitomizes this. He was a sixth round pick with zero exceptional talent save his intelligence and work ethic, but he bought into a system and gave 100 percent exactly as asked. While they are linked together, Bellichek is the only one in NE deserving any individual GOAT accolades.
I just think that you personally don’t like Brady based on your response and that’s cool. As much as I hate to admit it, the Goat argument isn’t even close at this point. Brady is about to eclipse Michael Jordan as greatest professional athlete in the history of sports.

For one Montana was 4-0 in SBs and never turned the ball over in those games. He was pretty much perfect.
I get that you are not a fan and neither am I but the argument no longer has any merit. Brady has 6 rings. Say what you will about Brady being a system qb but so was Montana. As I said, Marino is the best I have ever seen but he is not the greatest. Brady is the goat and it’s not close.

I get that you are not a fan and neither am I but the argument no longer has any merit. Brady has 6 rings. Say what you will about Brady being a system qb but so was Montana. As I said, Marino is the best I have ever seen but he is not the greatest. Brady is the goat and it’s not close.

And how many rings do you think Brady would have if he played his entire career with the Dolphins? I'm pretty sure it would be a big fat zero!

And how many rings do you think Brady would have if he played his entire career with the Dolphins? I'm pretty sure it would be a big fat zero!
Weak argument. How many rings would Marino have if he played for the Patriots with Bellicheat?

There is a rumor going around that says this might be Tom Brady’s last year in New England. (I think it was started by Adam Shefter) im just connecting some dots here but...
Owner is a Michigan alumni
Our coaching staff is From New England
We have a boat load of money next year
Idk man, but if Brady can get past the terrible roster, I definitely wouldn’t bet against it.

Anything can happen when egos are clouding one's vision and we have no idea just what Brady thinks of himself. But the Tom Brady myth is built on the Spygate system, which is not as portable as a regular QB can be. Ernie Adams is loyal to BB, so he's staying in New England. So Brady can only move on if he really believes he has learned enough in his 20 years in the league to play well without being told exactly what defense is on each play. He didn't have the guts to leave when he didn't get paid what he wanted in 2005, fresh off his 3rd SB win, when he wanted Peyton money and didn't get it. Like I said, only if he feels like he can diagnose defenses as well as Ernie Adams has been doing all these years with the help of their "system". But if you're excited about this because you think NE will suddenly be more beatable, I think you'll be disappointed. They'll just insert the next QB and be fine. What you really would be hoping for is that BB retires and takes the system with him, protecting his own myth, but I doubt he does that until he gets the wins record, so you're probably looking at about 5 more years. Or root for a health issue to force him into retirement.

Last edited:
The Tom Brady myth is built on the Spygate system, which is not as portable as a regular QB can be. Ernie Adams is loyal to BB, so he's staying in New England. So Brady can only move on if he really believes he has learned enough in his 20 years in the league to play well without being told exactly what defense is on each play. He didn't have the guts to leave when he didn't get paid what he wanted in 2005, fresh off his 3rd SB win, when he wanted Peyton money and didn't get it. Like I said, only if he feels like he can diagnose defenses as well as Ernie Adams has been doing all these years with the help of their "system". But if you're excited about this because you think NE will suddenly be more beatable, I think you'll be disappointed. They'll just insert the next QB and be fine. What you really would be hoping for is that BB retires and takes the system with him, protecting his own myth.
Agree with this 100% and history proves NE wins with Brady ....and without.

Weak argument. How many rings would Marino have if he played for the Patriots with Bellicheat?

No it’s not a weak argument because Brady is only in the GOAT conversation because he has played for the Patriots and BB. He would never be in that conversation if he played for the Dolphins.

How is it not close? Based upon number of rings? Trying to understand the logic.

How is it not close? Based upon number of rings? Trying to understand the logic.
It’s not all about rings but rings certainly mean a lot. Brady also has individual accolades. He’s won 3 MVP awards and set what was at the time, several single season records. He’s mastered the position and dominated the league for 2 decades. Also, beyond Moss and Gronk, he hasn’t really had an all world supporting cast. I would argue that he made Welker, Edelman and a few others into legit wrs.

It’s not all about rings but rings certainly mean a lot. Brady also has individual accolades. He’s won 3 MVP awards and set what was at the time, several single season records. He’s mastered the position and dominated the league for 2 decades. Also, beyond Moss and Gronk, he hasn’t really had an all world supporting cast. I would argue that he made Welker, Edelman and a few others into legit wrs.
Ok but in turn, that NE system has made a lot of players into elite looking players. How many times did you see a player leave NE and basically do nothing? Hell remember Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis didnt fumble once in 4+ years in NE then he did in his 2nd or 3rd game with Cincy and I believe 5 times total. Out of the league in 2 years. NE has shown to make players better than they actually are.

Ok but in turn, that NE system has made a lot of players into elite looking players. How many times did you see a player leave NE and basically do nothing? Hell remember Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis didnt fumble once in 4+ years in NE then he did in his 2nd or 3rd game with Cincy and I believe 5 times total. Out of the league in 2 years. NE has shown to make players better than they actually are.
This is true. I don’t believe Brady would be what he is if he played on any other team. It’s also true that Belichick was a retread HC that got ran out of Cleveland before he started Brady.
That being said, Belichick is obviously a great HC but if we’re going to say that he made Brady, than we have to say that Bill Walsh made Montana.

Back
Top Bottom