Is Tom Brady on the radar for 2020 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tom Brady on the radar for 2020

It’s not all about rings but rings certainly mean a lot. Brady also has individual accolades. He’s won 3 MVP awards and set what was at the time, several single season records. He’s mastered the position and dominated the league for 2 decades. Also, beyond Moss and Gronk, he hasn’t really had an all world supporting cast. I would argue that he made Welker, Edelman and a few others into legit wrs.
I think it’s fair to say NE’s 19/20 year run is the best in NFL history and THAT isn’t close. How much is Brady / how much is BB? There have been much more talented QBs to play in the last 20 years than Brady - IMO Peyton was a lot better. He did ok for himself. 4 SB appearances and 2 wins. When he played head to head against Tom, the team that was supposed to win (the better team) won it. Peyton could go to any team and make them a contender. I really don’t think that about Tom. I used to have this argument w Montana and Marino. That I thought Marino was better but Joe was in the better situation (NFC was the dominant conference for 15 years). And that Marino could go to any team and make them a contender while Joe couldn’t carry the team himself. I feel that way about Brady.

Now, if the definition of great is related to team success then yes, Tom has to be considered the greatest or top 2-3. I still say there is absolutely an argument for Montana who wasn’t just 4-0 in SBs, he was flawless and his teams clobbered their opponents in all but one game. And that game was the one that he led the amazing long drive comeback for the win. Finally, I think Bart Starr is in the conversation. When you go 9-1 in playoffs it means you won the championship (SB or pre SB - doesn’t matter) every time you got to the playoffs except 1x. That’s 4 or 5 titles for Bart. Team success is what Starr, Montana and Brady have had - and they were or are a HUGE part of that.

Now were they better players than Staubach, Unitas, Marino, Peyton - I don’t think so.

So for me it’s how one defines “GREAT”.

Just because I don’t like Brady doesn’t mean I don’t respect what he’s done / doing - same w BB.

Finally, sports legacies are a funny thing. If Bokamper holds on to that ball in the ‘82 SB, Shula’s run of dominance in the NFL (‘69-‘85) at 16 years looks damn close to BBs’. NE could easily be 0-9 or 9-0 in these SBs. They’ve all been so close with most coming down to one play. Point is, debating this stuff is splitting hairs really but I don’t think the argument about a GOAT can be “won” by anyone in any team sport.

I am looking forward to the day I don’t have to watch BB and his hoodie and Brady and his whining at refs when he gets hit. Hurry up and retire. Both of you.

This is true. I don’t believe Brady would be what he is if he played on any other team. It’s also true that Belichick was a retread HC that got ran out of Cleveland before he started Brady.
That being said, Belichick is obviously a great HC but if we’re going to say that he made Brady, than we have to say that Bill Walsh made Montana.
This is how I saw it / see it as well.

I think it’s fair to say NE’s 19/20 year run is the best in NFL history and THAT isn’t close. How much is Brady / how much is BB? There have been much more talented QBs to play in the last 20 years than Brady - IMO Peyton was a lot better. He did ok for himself. 4 SB appearances and 2 wins. When he played head to head against Tom, the team that was supposed to win (the better team) won it. Peyton could go to any team and make them a contender. I really don’t think that about Tom. I used to have this argument w Montana and Marino. That I thought Marino was better but Joe was in the better situation (NFC was the dominant conference for 15 years). And that Marino could go to any team and make them a contender while Joe couldn’t carry the team himself. I feel that way about Brady.

Now, if the definition of great is related to team success then yes, Tom has to be considered the greatest or top 2-3. I still say there is absolutely an argument for Montana who wasn’t just 4-0 in SBs, he was flawless and his teams clobbered their opponents in all but one game. And that game was the one that he led the amazing long drive comeback for the win. Finally, I think Bart Starr is in the conversation. When you go 9-1 in playoffs it means you won the championship (SB or pre SB - doesn’t matter) every time you got to the playoffs except 1x. That’s 4 or 5 titles for Bart. Team success is what Starr, Montana and Brady have had - and they were or are a HUGE part of that.

Now were they better players than Staubach, Unitas, Marino, Peyton - I don’t think so.

So for me it’s how one defines “GREAT”.

Just because I don’t like Brady doesn’t mean I don’t respect what he’s done / doing - same w BB.

Finally, sports legacies are a funny thing. If Bokamper holds on to that ball in the ‘82 SB, Shula’s run of dominance in the NFL (‘69-‘85) at 16 years looks damn close to BBs’. NE could easily be 0-9 or 9-0 in these SBs. They’ve all been so close with most coming down to one play. Point is, debating this stuff is splitting hairs really but I don’t think the argument about a GOAT can be “won” by anyone in any team sport.

I am looking forward to the day I don’t have to watch BB and his hoodie and Brady and his whining at refs when he gets hit. Hurry up and retire. Both of you.
Marino and Manning are the two most talented qbs I’ve seen. I agree that they would make any team an instant contender. Manning vs Brady is the new Marino vs Montana. It’s just a matter of opinion.

Marino and Manning are the two most talented qbs I’ve seen. I agree that they would make any team an instant contender. Manning vs Brady is the new Marino vs Montana. It’s just a matter of opinion.
100% agree.

This is true. I don’t believe Brady would be what he is if he played on any other team. It’s also true that Belichick was a retread HC that got ran out of Cleveland before he started Brady.
That being said, Belichick is obviously a great HC but if we’re going to say that he made Brady, than we have to say that Bill Walsh made Montana.

Bill Walsh made the West Coast Offense and the West Coast Offense made Joe Montana

Bill Walsh made the West Coast Offense and the West Coast Offense made Joe Montana
I agree to a large extent. But he was a special player in how cerebral he was. Saw him as a more evolved Bob Griese as Brady a more evolved Montana.

Wor
There is a rumor going around that says this might be Tom Brady’s last year in New England. (I think it was started by Adam Shefter) im just connecting some dots here but...
Owner is a Michigan alumni
Our coaching staff is From New England
We have a boat load of money next year
Idk man, but if Brady can get past the terrible roster, I definitely wouldn’t bet against it.

Worst post of the year. Sorry dude. Don’t like being negative, but it is.

Unless he's removed it, there's a poster here on FH with a Bill Walsh quote as his Sig that says " Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system ". So in a way, Walsh did help make Montana.

Unless he's removed it, there's a poster here on FH with a Bill Walsh quote as his Sig that says " Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system ". So in a way, Walsh did help make Montana.
That is a true Walsh quote and it is correct.

Brady will never go to another team. He is a system QB and he knows it...always has. This is part of the reason why he has taken pay cuts over the years instead of moving on to another team. He may be the greatest system QB of all time, but he would be completely exposed outside of NE, especially at this point in his career. He has worked hard to create a legacy, he will not tarnish it by going somewhere else.
LMFAO!!! In a thread full of hot takes, this one is on another level.

I wasn't even going to comment on this thread. I was just reading it because someone linked it, but that post forced me to pull the trigger.

LMFAO!!! In a thread full of hot takes, this one is on another level.

I wasn't even going to comment on this thread. I was just reading it because someone linked it, but that post forced me to pull the trigger.
maybe the funniest bump ever on here or anywhere for that matter haha.:lol:
That post aged like spoiled milk lol.

Back
Top Bottom