Is Tony Wise enough? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tony Wise enough?

tuna

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am told from a cowboy fan that Tony Wise is as good as they get.Does anybody think he can be good enough to prepare a possible rookie third rounder to start opening day?Cause I like many think LT is a #1 need.

Either way...

Originally posted by tuna
I am told from a cowboy fan that Tony Wise is as good as they get.Does anybody think he can be good enough to prepare a possible rookie third rounder to start opening day?Cause I like many think LT is a #1 need.

... Wise would play a major role in either way the Dolphins go. LT in the 3rd round is nothing short of a HUGE project.

But yeah Wise comes with a huge REP for making Chicken salad out of Chicken ****.

Oliver...

Damn right. Remember all those DOMINANT lines in Dallas?? That was the result of Tony Wise.

Originally posted by tuna

I think he proved his value last season. With all the injuries he kept an OL plan pretty well together. For what he had to work with, Yes I'm sold he could do it, if a a lineman has heart and some talent

BB

I don't think that Tony Wise should recieve all the credit for the Dallas lines. Unless I'm mistaken, he was the assistant line coach to Hudson Houck.

IMO he's a good line coach but he has yet to prove he can build a dominant line as the Line coach.

His line is Chicago was decent, Carolina's line sucked. He did an awesome job with last years line, but I would not classify that line as anything but average considering that at times in consisted of two or 3 third string lineman.

Last year's line sucked as a whole so I would classify him as in the "jury is still out" phase. Let's hope we stay relatively healthy this year and let him show us what he can do.

Originally posted by finfan77
I don't think that Tony Wise should recieve all the credit for the Dallas lines. Unless I'm mistaken, he was the assistant line coach to Hudson Houck.

Nope, Houck didn't join the Cowboys until 1993....after Wise left. Tony Wise was Dallas' OL coach prior to that.

Wise is an excellant OL coach. The line he had in Carolina was horrible all right, because he had no real NFL players on that line. To be able to be successful you at least need functional parts.

A world class mechanic isn't going to be able to get a car started without parts that work, same deal here. Nobody would have been successful with that line in Carolina.

Last year's job was remarkable. We started a guy by the name of Spencer Folau at LT, Heath Irwin at OG, an injured Ruddy, Wade, and Perry, first 2 starting LTs lost for the season as well as the best OG on our roster, Dixon, and they still did a good job of protecting Fiedler. The run blocking wasn't the greatest, but the players were in and out of the line up all year. Wise should be commended on last year's performance.

Back
Top Bottom