Is Tua durable, and will he play the whole season? Draft sharks 2022 prediction and injury history. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua durable, and will he play the whole season? Draft sharks 2022 prediction and injury history.

It must have been directed by Chargers fans trying save face. There’s no mention of that. And you don’t give 60 million to a QB in 2006 if that’s the case. The point I was making is that injuries early in a career don’t really equal injury prone.

Fins medical staff wouldn't clear him. Sounds like you should research his labrum injury in greater detail.

I recall Tua saying Saban didn’t require him to lift much at Alabama which might of had something to do with injuries.

Hell, just look at the difference physically Tua looks today compared to college. Further evidence would be taking a look at Max Jones body last year. Looked like Brady at the combine.

A couple of the injuries have been freak injuries. Twice hitting the helmet of another player after throwing.

Another when his OL was pushed back and planted his foot on Tua’s ankle. Every QB most likely would have been hurt on that play.

Please no more durability threads on Tua. We all know hes like peanut brittle. A broken wrist, two broken ankles, and a broken hip at the ripe old age of 22. Lets not forget the hit he took against buffalo last year. Any other QB gets back up into the huddle. He didnt.
Absolutely clueless post

Any other gets back up and keeps playing?? mmmmk. riiiiiiight

*also an amazing lack of medical knowledge and fact on display - "two broken ankles" lol

Absolutely clueless post

*also an amazing lack of medical knowledge and fact on display - "two broken ankles" lol
Yeah I know right?

Each year former iron men players who haven't been injured since high school go down (one of them is his backup Teddy who was untouched when a claymore inside his leg went off). Each year, oft-injured players begin multi-year streaks of no injuries. We can't even predict the weather yet. It's 2022 and we still can't even predict where a hurricane is going exactly 36 hours before landfall. Somehow, they are predicting that Tua is going to be injured? Sure, he's gotten injured but the tightrope procedure in his ankle is stronger than it was before the injury. He's put a lot of work into his hip so who knows how well he'll do chasing his grandkids around in his 50s but he should have a good career hip health wise. He's put on a lot of muscle to give his body a bit more armor. Could he get hurt? Sure. Could we get hit by lightning in five minutes? Sure. I'm not going to worry about that either.

The NFL knows that the key to victory goes through the QB. You see it every year, if the QB performs well the season is mostly successful. If they can disrupt, or take him out, the team in most cases flounders. That's why every year there's a prominent QB or three that are injured. While the leauge would love to put dresses on them you can't protect every aspect of the position. They go to great lengths to protect them, and every Defensive coordinator know that if they can knock the QB out they win at a 90% rate. Tua's not as big and strong as some NFL QB's, but you don't play in the NFL if you're frail. (see Pat White)

Trying to predict injuries in the NFL is pretty much impossible on a single specific player basis. The most obvious reason for that is the data. All thats really available for someone to try and model this is injury reports and time missed. Both are basically useless on a scientific basis.

Injury reports simply arent reliable. Most teams actually use them as a tactical tool and I dont blame them, why would I tell you exactly where each of my players are hurt and why wouldnt I use it to actually steer you in the wrong direction?

Games missed dont tell you a whole lot either... Outside of maybe 10 QBs from year to year, teams handle the starter's injury from alot of different perspectives depending on a variety of situational elements. Tannehill missed a whole lot of time because of a personal decision that might have not been the best course of action in hindsight for example. Tua didnt start the Ravens game because he was too hurt to play but...

And I have no idea if Tua is going to get hurt or not, but I will tell you guys this, if you're going to put money or your fantasy team draft strategy at play trying to model injuries, dont ever use this type of forecasting. The right thing to do here is take the league average and just weigh it down slightly when a player has a big injury history.

Agreed with everything except i would amend league average with "QB" league average.

I don’t think he missed nearly as many games as people think. Believe Flores had his hand in a lot of them, don’t think he was injured his rookie year at all and that was just Flores trying to get Fitz back in without slack. He definitely hurt his ribs but I don’t think he should of missed more than 1-2 games and I believe Tua stated he wanted to play through in all the games. I don’t think the fractured middle finger would of cost any games either if it weren’t for Flores. Realistically probably 1-2 games he needed to miss the rest are hits from Flores.

Please no more durability threads on Tua. We all know hes like peanut brittle. A broken wrist, two broken ankles, and a broken hip at the ripe old age of 22. Lets not forget the hit he took against buffalo last year. Any other QB gets back up into the huddle. He didnt.

If you're gonna be arrogant and inflammatory, you should probably at least try to be right.

You're not, so instead of just posting like a troll, you post like an ignorant troll.

If you're gonna be arrogant and inflammatory, you should probably at least try to be right.

You're not, so instead of just posting like a troll, you post like an ignorant troll.
Hey troll, whats not accurate? What was imflammatory? Voicing my opinion? wow get a towel will you?

Absolutely clueless post

Yes, if you've watched enough football, other QBs would get up from that hit. Whats "clueless"? whats not accurate? lack of medical knowledge? Are you saying hes NOT injury prone and NOT brittle? Now I need to be a doctor to know Tuas injury history from Alabama? SMH

Back
Top Bottom