Is Tua durable, and will he play the whole season? Draft sharks 2022 prediction and injury history. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua durable, and will he play the whole season? Draft sharks 2022 prediction and injury history.

Yes, if you've watched enough football, other QBs would get up from that hit. Whats "clueless"? whats not accurate? lack of medical knowledge? Are you saying hes NOT injury prone and NOT brittle? Now I need to be a doctor to know Tuas injury history from Alabama? SMH
I’m saying (among other things) you’re incorrect that he had broken ankles

Factually incorrect

Hey troll, whats not accurate?

Tua didn't have two broken ankles.

What was imflammatory?

For one thing, starting your post with "We all know." Rest assured that you don't speak for the majority of this forum.

my opinion?

Oh, look. Yet another person who conflates opinions with "facts." For example, "Any other QB gets back up into the huddle." You simply have no idea what you're talking about.

wow get a towel will you?

Allow me to assure you that you will never, ever be in a situation where you'll need to tell me to get a towel.

In my eyes there are two types of injuries.

Injuries that are unavoidable and injuries that come down to durability.

Burrow would be a good example of an unavoidable injury. Anyone gets their knee hit like that and they are tearing their knee up.

Durability injuries in my eyes are the nagging little injuries like Parker unfortunately had that keep a player out regularly.

The ankles were just high sprains. He was going to be out like four weeks for each and the surgery shortened it to two and prevented future sprains. It's called tight rope surgery. They ran some strings up his ankles to help strengthen the ligament. He could have just gone through the four weeks instead like any other player and he wouldn't have two surgeries in his history but he did both so he wouldn't miss games for 'Bama and to add value by drastically lowering chances he'll ever sprain an ankle in the future.

Supposedly, after the surgeries, Tua is now even less likely to sprain an ankle than any other player. That actually goes against him being injury prone. He hasn't re-sprained either ankle since the surgeries for what it's worth. He sprained one, had surgery, never re-injured, sprained the other, had surgery, never re-injured.

As he starts to put up numbers, refs will give him more protection. Sadly, that's the way it works. The better quarterbacks get those roughness calls.

The ankles were just high sprains. He was going to be out like four weeks for each and the surgery shortened it to two and prevented future sprains. It's called tight rope surgery. They ran some strings up his ankles to help strengthen the ligament. He could have just gone through the four weeks instead like any other player and he wouldn't have two surgeries in his history but he did both so he wouldn't miss games for 'Bama and to add value by drastically lowering chances he'll ever sprain an ankle in the future.

Supposedly, after the surgeries, Tua is now even less likely to sprain an ankle than any other player. That actually goes against him being injury prone. He hasn't re-sprained either ankle since the surgeries for what it's worth. He sprained one, had surgery, never re-injured, sprained the other, had surgery, never re-injured.
IMO part of what makes those tightrope surgeries so effective is that they help promote long-term healing in ways that the old method impeded. The issue is that with a high ankle sprain the ligament between bones has stretched and become weakened. Ideally, you'd stabilize and immobilize those two bones so there wouldn't be any twisting and further stretching so the ligament would heal. The old way involved multiple screws which added an additional trauma and required two procedures. The recovery time was usually long and even then you didn't know how much healing happened. People who had a high ankle sprain were more likely to aggravate it or have related problems in the future.

The tightrope procedure basically used a tie in place of the screws. That caused less trauma, didn't require two procedures and allegedly provided greater stability even after recovery. It also shortened recovery time by half or more. The procedure was developed by some guy in Dublin, who licensed it to a Florida company. Alabama was using the procedure before other teams. For years it was even called Alabama's "secret weapon" as their players were coming back from high ankle sprains much faster than other team's players.

Obviously we don’t want him missing any games but missing 2 games wouldn’t be that bad imo. We could probably handle that. Anything more than 4 and we would most likely be in trouble.

IMO part of what makes those tightrope surgeries so effective is that they help promote long-term healing in ways that the old method impeded. The issue is that with a high ankle sprain the ligament between bones has stretched and become weakened. Ideally, you'd stabilize and immobilize those two bones so there wouldn't be any twisting and further stretching so the ligament would heal. The old way involved multiple screws which added an additional trauma and required two procedures. The recovery time was usually long and even then you didn't know how much healing happened. People who had a high ankle sprain were more likely to aggravate it or have related problems in the future.

The tightrope procedure basically used a tie in place of the screws. That caused less trauma, didn't require two procedures and allegedly provided greater stability even after recovery. It also shortened recovery time by half or more. The procedure was developed by some guy in Dublin, who licensed it to a Florida company. Alabama was using the procedure before other teams. For years it was even called Alabama's "secret weapon" as their players were coming back from high ankle sprains much faster than other team's players.
Yep I remember all this, very informative raf

images

oh

but he broke both ankles actually

The thing that's odd is despite all the pressure he doesn't get hit often due to his quick release. However, in his career he still gets injured pretty often. If he has another major injury this season, he'll likely be done as a starting QB in this league.

The thing that's odd is despite all the pressure he doesn't get hit often due to his quick release. However, in his career he still gets injured pretty often. If he has another major injury this season, he'll likely be done as a starting QB in this league.
I guess it depends on what you call a "major" injury. I don't consider his ribs last year a major injury. It was the fault of an Olineman being horrible. I doubt many, if any QBs would have gone through the season unscathed behind that line last season.

I guess it depends on what you call a "major" injury. I don't consider his ribs last year a major injury. It was the fault of an Olineman being horrible. I doubt many, if any QBs would have gone through the season unscathed behind that line last season.
You say, "I doubt many, if any QBs would have gone through the season unscathed behind that line last season," but again, Tua isn't hit that often due to his quick release. So the line doesn't matter. It matters in terms of having time to throw the ball, but in terms of sustaining injury it doesn't. Tua doesn't get hit often, but it's a real problem with his body type when he does.

Tua was hit 24x, which is 29th most in the league. For comparison's sake, Brissett was also hit 24x in 5 games started. Josh Allen hit 64x, Tannehill hit 64x, Herbert hit 61x, Mac Jones hit 47x ect...

Last edited:
2019: Injured and missed games.
2020: Injured and missed a game.
2021: Injured and missed games.

Guy needs to protect himself or 2022 is gonna have the same byline.

As I am not a gambling addict or a fantasy player, the story you posted above means nothing to me or to all the others like me.

I watch football because I enjoy the game. I don’t bet on it to make money and watch it for pure enjoyment. I appreciate the work the players and coaches put into the game.

There was a time that when the game and the eye test was all that mattered. That was good football. Staubach. Bradshaw. Tarkenton. Nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom