Is Tua Tagovailoa the most overrated 2020 NFL draft prospect? | College Football Live | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Tua Tagovailoa the most overrated 2020 NFL draft prospect? | College Football Live

Just silly...and Marcus knows better..

It's just for clicks and views Namor. All you do is put the word Tua in something if you want people to pay attention to it.

Felt like Ceedee "push off" Lamb was the most overrated on that list.

I think Dan Orvlowsky said it best today, Tua's season doesnt start till the SEC title game. To the talking heads nobody will care what he does until the big games

Aftr watching Jordan Love piss my parlay outof the window against Wake Forest...I may lean toward him being the most overrated.

Aftr watching Jordan Love piss my parlay outof the window against Wake Forest...I may lean toward him being the most overrated.

Week 1 can be rough for people. Let's see how he continues to bounce back.

But I get the impression at this point in time its Tua then Herbert then a lot of guys teams want to project. A guy like Jacob Eason is getting a lot of love and honestly if he lives up to the hype he could be a top 10 pick. So the more I watch him the more I feel KJ Costello deserves more love.

And of course there's the guy who may end up being the most debated QB in Jake Fromm

I like Tua, his athleticism, his soft spoken leadership, and his football IQ. But there is something to be said about intangibles. This year I want to see him play Well, win a championship, and be the main reason the tide win it. Only then will be clamoring for him to come to Miami. The 2021 class overall appeals more to me.

I like Tua, his athleticism, his soft spoken leadership, and his football IQ. But there is something to be said about intangibles. This year I want to see him play Well, win a championship, and be the main reason the tide win it. Only then will be clamoring for him to come to Miami. The 2021 class overall appeals more to me.

Some of this I simply don’t understand. I don’t see what winning a championship has to do with anything regarding Tua. He’s already won one and he was the main reason they won it. Go back and watch the national championship game against Georgia.

I mean, Bama has won national championships with quarterbacks that are nowhere near Tua’s caliber. Greg McElroy, Jacob Coker, A.J. McCarron - even Jay Barker back in 1992.

Whether he wins another national championship is irrelevant. He’s already got more national championships than Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes, Baker Mayfield, Russell Wilson, and Phillip Rivers.

Combined.

People continue to push this narrative that Tua benefits from playing with elite talent around him. But it’s the opposite. They benefit from playing with him. Because he is one of those elite talents.

Jalen Hurts couldn’t even get those elite talents the football.

Wherever Alabama ends up, regardless of whether or not it results in a national championship - will be mainly due to him. There was never any question about that.

You're wanting to see if Tua can do something like this to win a national championship before wanting him to be a Dolphin?

After watching Herbert launch his last pass from the 38 yard line about 10 yards out of the end zone against Auburn he's got my vote for most overrated.

I’ve come to the conclusion that most people who don’t want Tua are the ones who want the “Typical prototype QB” in Herbert or Trevor.

After watching the Duke game I think Tua will be a much more rounded QB but I think his numbers may be slightly less gawdy

Tua is a great talent. Nobody was talking about the other QB they had starting before him because that guy didn't have the talent. Tua has talent, elite talent, but it also has to be considered a knock that he has only ever played with elite players. He executes, but its like playing a video game on easy. The NFL game is about dealing with adversity on almost every play and QB'ing for Alabama doesn't prepare you for that.

Tua is a great talent. Nobody was talking about the other QB they had starting before him because that guy didn't have the talent. Tua has talent, elite talent, but it also has to be considered a knock that he has only ever played with elite players. He executes, but its like playing a video game on easy. The NFL game is about dealing with adversity on almost every play and QB'ing for Alabama doesn't prepare you for that.

Oklahoma fans aren't too displeased with the guy that came before Tua ...

Oklahoma fans aren't too displeased with the guy that came before Tua ...

They ain't playing LSU, Clemson, Georgia or Auburn's defense either. He lit up a Houston defense that had just given up 70 points to Army in the last game they played. A defense that ranked literally dead last out of 130 teams last year - and that was with Ed Oliver, Isaiah Johnson, and Emeke Egbule - all in the NFL now.

Literally everytime an Oklahoma WR caught a pass it looked like they were fixing to take it for a touchdown even when is wasn't blown coverages.

Back
Top Bottom