Is Winning More Games Worth It, If We Miss The Playoffs ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Winning More Games Worth It, If We Miss The Playoffs ?

Wins and no playoffs vs less wins higher draft pick.

• More wins and miss the playoffs

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Less wins, Higher draft pick.

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • I don't care as long as we beat the Patriots.

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters

Jerrysanders

Active Roster
Reaction score
If we go 8-8 we will have a much worse draft position than going 6-10, is the immediate gratification of a meaningless win worth it ?

Our players play to win games. Minkah Fitzpatrick and Kenyon Drake at Alabama, Raekwon McMillan and Jerome Baker at Ohio State, have all come from highly successful college teams. Believe it or not, they don't play to lose just so that the team can get a higher Draft pick.
I may be in the minority, but I kinda like our players playing to win games.

First time i didn't fit any options available in a poll

Exactly.

This train of thought infuriates me.

Kick *** every time you take the field.

Nobody lays down for us when we take the field against them.

I love to draft studs early in the draft like anyone else.

Just be good at your job and find great players wherever you pick.

It is really a loser's attitude:
"I lost. I suck. Whatever. Wins mean nothing."

It doesn't really infuriate me. I feel sorry for people with that attitude. They can't really enjoy success either. As you can see when we win it is the same people whining and complaining and predicting a loss the next week who say: wins are meaningless.

Wins are a step towards the playoffs/Superbowl, that's the end goal. If a win is not taking u towards your end goal then its meaningless in my opinion.
Then I guess 31 teams should start losing from week 1 through week 17. (not sure how we will manage that)
Do you even read yourself? This is the stupidest argument I ever heard or read.

We need every pick and as high as possible. Our problem is depth and coaching. Belichek (sorry spelling) was only .500 in Cleveland, so I'm not saying sack Gase. But they need to start stepping up. Gase needs to start concentrating on WINNING and give up the play calling. He's proven he can't do both effectively.

Exactly.

This train of thought infuriates me.

Kick *** every time you take the field.

Nobody lays down for us when we take the field against them.

I love to draft studs early in the draft like anyone else.

Just be good at your job and find great players wherever you pick

We're not that good at it, especially drafting in the mid 20s. Higher pick gets us a higher chance of getting a can't miss type player like Tunsil and Fitzpatrick.

I root for wins. At younger age I might have applied strategy. Now I want to see as many wins as possible.

The only argument I can see for fewer wins is that if we rise from 6 wins in 2017 to 9+ this year, then that triggers the likely downward bounce in 2019

Back
Top Bottom