Is Zach Thomas Good Enough??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Zach Thomas Good Enough???

Does Zach Have What it Takes for the HOF?

• Yes! He'll definitely make it if he maintains his current level of play.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No Way! He still has a long way to go before he's placed in that category.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • He has an outside chance if things fall into place.

Votes: 8 27.6%

• Total voters
Unfortuanately........

Originally posted by Footballfanatic
The real question is will the Dt position still be a strength for the Dolphins during Zach career. Zach Thomasis at his best just running to the football.(will make the hall) If the Dt position falters and Zach is forced to take on blockers than you can kiss the hall of fame goodbye. He is a hall of famer when the Dt can occupy the blocxkers and let him do what he does best.

I have to agree with you footballfanatic. In order for Zach to be at his best and producing, he's got to have two superb defensive tackles that are taking out numerous offensive lineman. So far in Zach's great career, he's had two stout defensive tackles in Daryl Gardner in Tim Bowens. If Zach is still playing in 3-4 years, I hope that he's playing alongside two quality DT's. In all honesty, I think he should and will make the HOF one day. I hate saying the above comments because #54 is my all time favorite Dolphin, even over the immortal #13.

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
Wasn`t Mike Singletary about Zach`s size? He played what.....15 yrs.?

Also Mike Singletary played behind one of the best defensive lines in football for most of his career. A huge factor.

Zzch has a shot, but it will tough since he is not considered by most the dominant MLB of his time, aka Lewis and Urlacher. He c/b 50-50 to make it if he plays at this level another 5 years.

when daryl gets back

Originally posted by Slaine

Also Mike Singletary played behind one of the best defensive lines in football for most of his career. A huge factor.
there is nothing wrong with this D-line!

There's nothing wrong with them but Dan Hampton, Richard Dent and Steve McMichael they ain't.

Also a recurring theme in this is "...if Zach stays healthy...". That's a pretty big if IMO.

Another 3 to 5 years at his current level of play with a few more pro bowls will surely get him in. The NFL is not a big stickler as far as longevity is a concern. Gale Sayers, Earl Campbell, and Jim Brown all had relatively "short" NFL careers, but were inducted into the HOF. If the player is worthy, then he will be enshrined.

Back
Top Bottom