Isaac Asiata Activated From Ps | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaac Asiata Activated From Ps

I want him to do well, but what an indictment of the coaching staff if he does. All this time they have been telling us he is not ready. Desperate times...

Last edited:
I want him to well, but what an indictment of the coaching staff if he does. All this time they have been telling us he is not ready. Desperate times...

Well, he definitely wasn't ready when we cut down the roster to start the season.

I hope he flops. Guys like this limit your upside to almost nothing. Asiata is second year but 25 years old and almost 26. It was another example of the Miami Dolphins believing they could ignore the simple methods to steal a few percent from baseline, and instead forfeit a few percent from baseline via our wonderful subjectivity.

It was a low percentage pick and if we pretend we have something based on what he does late in the season, we are huge favorite to be fooled and suffer disappointment in 2019.

Lousy offensive linemen often can look far better than they are during the final weeks of a season, when they enter fresh against defenders who have been beaten down all season and are basically exhausted and playing out the string. I always make this point later in the year because it is always valid. It is never a true 1:1 relationship on what you see in the final weeks toward what will be delivered the following season in full.

I remember the fanfare when we drafted this guy.
He was a "Beast", a "Mauler", etc; then he can't even crack the 53 man roster for two years!??????
Hoping for the best.

I remember the fanfare when we drafted this guy.
He was a "Beast", a "Mauler", etc; then he can't even crack the 53 man roster for two years!??????
Hoping for the best.

Either way, if a player can't get off the PS after 2 years, I've seen enough.

I hope he flops. Guys like this limit your upside to almost nothing. Asiata is second year but 25 years old and almost 26. It was another example of the Miami Dolphins believing they could ignore the simple methods to steal a few percent from baseline, and instead forfeit a few percent from baseline via our wonderful subjectivity.

It was a low percentage pick and if we pretend we have something based on what he does late in the season, we are huge favorite to be fooled and suffer disappointment in 2019.

Lousy offensive linemen often can look far better than they are during the final weeks of a season, when they enter fresh against defenders who have been beaten down all season and are basically exhausted and playing out the string. I always make this point later in the year because it is always valid. It is never a true 1:1 relationship on what you see in the final weeks toward what will be delivered the following season in full.

What a ridiculous thing to say. You hope he flops? What kind of fan are you? The greatest position of need on this team and you want him to flop. Just amazing what comes out of some people on this board. Well I hope he has a fantastic game and becomes the guard we need. Just idiotic

Either way, if a player can't get off the PS after 2 years, I've seen enough.

I dunno. I have no problem drafting projects in the 5th round (or 6th or 7th). If they take a couple of years on the PS to deliver, so be it.

My patience doesn't run out on people if they are working hard and improving.

Last edited:
What a ridiculous thing to say. You hope he flops? What kind of fan are you? The greatest position of need on this team and you want him to flop. Just amazing what comes out of some people on this board. Well I hope he has a fantastic game and becomes the guard we need. Just idiotic

Asiata playing well would interfere with 'tank the rest of the season'

I seriously find it hard to believe this guy is worse than Larsen, and it's very sad but it wouldnt surprise me at all if Gase throws him on a game only because he has no other choice and he is leaps and bounds better than the guy he replaced. I have no faith whatsoever in Gase recognizing who should and shouldn't be playing.

He must have a bet out on Asiata that he will fail

Pretty sure he's a Jets fan, that's why he's been here trolling all week

Back
Top Bottom