Isaac Asiata Activated From Ps | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaac Asiata Activated From Ps

He's sure. Asiata is a plodder. Bad feet.

How in the world do you draft a lineman with "obviously" bad feet? Not mediocre but absolutely "bad"
Seriously, how does that happen?

How in the world do you draft a lineman with "obviously" bad feet? Not mediocre but absolutely "bad"

Agility/quickness can be taught . . . A little. How bad are Asiata's feet. Dunno

Plus he's old. That's why I didn't want him.

Bananas, drafted players with all those red flags makes you understand why our OL is continually having problems and why the backups look like they've never played football.

We're bad at drafting talent, bad at coaching them up, and clearly bad at keeping them healthy.

That's what you call a Top-down problem.

Fifth round project?

If a fifth rounder ever pans out it's like winning the lotto!

Agility/quickness can be taught . . . A little. How bad are Asiata's feet. Dunno

Considering how important good feet are for a lineman then how about this new drafting strategy.

Draft guys with good feet and we'll get them bigger and stronger! How does that sound?

Fifth round project?

If a fifth rounder ever pans out it's like winning the lotto!

I understand that but I'd like to think you agree with me when I say of the 100s of draft-eligible linemen in the 5th round. There were at least one with better feet than Asiata?

I'd wager a guy from one of the big conference schools like the SEC is likely better than Asiasta and got better coaching and played against better competition and more pro ready.

See how easy that is?

I have my fingers crossed that our cokehead ex oline coach was the one buying the groceries on the oline. I need hope that a respectable oline is possible.

I understand that but I'd like to think you agree with me when I say of the 100s of draft-eligible linemen in the 5th round. There were at least one with better feet than Asiata?

I'd wager a guy from one of the big conference schools like the SEC is likely better than Asiasta and got better coaching and played against better competition and more pro ready.

See how easy that is?
They probably saw his run blocking prowess and decided to give working on his footwork a shot?

What run blocking prowless?
I’m not mocking you btw I’m honestly asking a legitimate question here.
He's actually a very good run blocker.

Probably the best run blocking Guard on the team.

They must have seen enough in that area to invest some time working on the rest of his game.

How about trying something crazy here?

Put Asiata at DT.

We would have to tweak to an Over/Under scheme but since he supposedly can’t pass block but is a beast in the run game and we have nobody that can eat up blockers on the d line so why not see if he can slow down the inside run game.

I’m sure Gase and Burke lurk here so they can take credit if it works and blame Finheaven if it doesn’t.

Back
Top Bottom