Isaiah Ford Gets His Chance | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Ford Gets His Chance

This was such an automatic thought on my part I simply scanned down the comments to see who would say it first.

Gase has a few of these guys each season he says at years end “wow I should have given this player a shot sooner” because Gase rule #1 is “Never, ever learn from anything. Be stubborn until your dying breath.” Isiah Ford is a prime candidate for this title.
I am still floored that we have a WR on our roster that can make a catch like Carroo did, yet hasn’t been able to get on the field. I’m not counting him out as another prime example of a kid that just needed to be “played enough” to get the necessary experience under his belt. It’s not as if Parker was always available or lighting it up - Carroo could have gotten some of his reps over the years and perhaps we would have a more developed big bodied WR by now.

I am still floored that we have a WR on our roster that can make a catch like Carroo did, yet hasn’t been able to get on the field. I’m not counting him out as another prime example of a kid that just needed to be “played enough” to get the necessary experience under his belt. It’s not as if Parker was always available or lighting it up - Carroo could have gotten some of his reps over the years and perhaps we would have a more developed big bodied WR by now.

That was a big-time, highlight reel worthy catch by Carroo. Trading away several picks to move up to draft him meant that someone thought he had talent, as you don't waste that many picks on merely questionable potential. (Although with Tannenbaum running the show, anything is possible!) However, they never gave him a fighting chance to prove himself. I thought he did okay when he was targeted, but his opportunities were few and far between. Now, he's made big plays two games in a row, but the only reason he's playing is due to others being injured. I don't trust ANYONE on this team to competently evaluate talent.

I believe that Gase is in his office looking at his playbook and thinking "what player do I need to put here, here, and here to make this play work?". He seems to be a coach that believes in his offense unflinchingly, and will not accept variance from players he does not trust to do "this route, this drop back, this block, this motion....". So we have players, NFL players, that can play the game but are forced to fit schematically in this steel mold of an offense. If the players would just execute this exact movement this play would work. Because the team is not winning this type of coach will go deeper and deeper into this schematic paralysis until he is fired. If only the players would do what he imagines them to do in his playbook. There's no room for imagination or innovation outside of this oppressive routine, and no escape for the player in this mnemonic betrayal of their athleticism.

This was such an automatic thought on my part I simply scanned down the comments to see who would say it first.

Gase has a few of these guys each season he says at years end “wow I should have given this player a shot sooner” because Gase rule #1 is “Never, ever learn from anything. Be stubborn until your dying breath.” Isiah Ford is a prime candidate for this title.
I dont think gase really says that to himself. If he did he'd be giving our playmaking RB who led the league in rushing the last 6 games of 2017 more than a few carries a game.

All of these guys...Caroo, Ford, etc should have been and should be getting more playing time over Parker. We already know we're not paying Parker $9M next year so time to replace him with the younger guys. Sounds like he may not play this week anyway bc he broke the nail on his pinky toe or something.

Caroo has like 10 catches for his career and 2 impressive TDs. With his physicality, seems like they could use him more

I believe that Gase is in his office looking at his playbook and thinking "what player do I need to put here, here, and here to make this play work?". He seems to be a coach that believes in his offense unflinchingly, and will not accept variance from players he does not trust to do "this route, this drop back, this block, this motion....". So we have players, NFL players, that can play the game but are forced to fit schematically in this steel mold of an offense. If the players would just execute this exact movement this play would work. Because the team is not winning this type of coach will go deeper and deeper into this schematic paralysis until he is fired. If only the players would do what he imagines them to do in his playbook. There's no room for imagination or innovation outside of this oppressive routine, and no escape for the player in this mnemonic betrayal of their athleticism.
I think you are spot on. This could explain why guys we find out can play only after someone gets hurt (Ajai, Drake, Carroo) don’t get their chances. They must not run it “just so” in practice the way Gase wants.

Caroo has like 10 catches for his career and 2 impressive TDs. With his physicality, seems like they could use him more
I agree. With all the time Parker has missed, why not have given some reps to Carroo - let him develop? His two TDs have showed us physicality and playmaking ability. I want to see more of him.

I agree. With all the time Parker has missed, why not have given some reps to Carroo - let him develop? His two TDs have showed us physicality and playmaking ability. I want to see more of him.
He can be more physical than any of the other WRs on the roster. It's another dimension we haven't shown this year. I know separation is an issue but he should be able to out-muscle most DBs and also help in the running game. Very interested to see more of him and Ford.

Now you see us win because Ford did something positive with the ball. That would be awesome!

Did anyone see the route where Ford was running an intermediate level out and his cut at the top was so rounded out that he never gained separation. It was one of the laziest routes I have ever seen run .

I think it was 3rd down and 7. Possibly in the 1st quarter

Back
Top Bottom