Isaiah Wilson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Wilson

Normally hate these trade scenarios, because there is always something wrong, or not worthwhile about them, but got to admit, I like this one....Huge upside, with very little to lose from it.

Notice people talking about red flags on him, if this is true, then as far as I'm concerned, pass, but even more important, for Flo...Huge pass.

I’m waiting for someone to jump in and say “Don’t want him, he’s a bum. But I hope the Pats don’t get him”

Flo knows him and his family, he went to the same high school. Maybe if they cut him who knows.

Even with his issues I think it would take a lot more than a 2022 6th round pick to acquire a player selected in round 1 in 2020. I would guess that Miami researched him some when they were scouting Kindley. If Miami were to trade back and pick up a few more draft picks I would consider shiping one off for Wilson. Having Jackson, Wilson, Kindley, Hunt and a rookie center in the mix would give the team some youth up front.
Maybe...thats why I was thinking of making it conditional. If he flames, its a 6th rounder. If he matures and plays well, they at least recoup a mid round pick for him.

Yeah unfortunately doesn't seem like his priorities are football.

Maybe worth a gamble but doesn't strike me as a Flores type of guys. Flores is all about guys that love the game and Wilson seems to have other priorities.

Wilson did go to high school in Brooklyn so there's a bit of a connection there with Flores being a BK guy.
He's 23. Players mature at different times. Maybe he'll work out for a team. If he does, his potential is massive.

As a former Brooklyn NYer myself, I was rooting for Wilson. But unfortunately, there seems to be, too many red flags mentally, for this young man. I'm not sure about him at this point.
I agree with this. Its a low risk way to potentially get a high quality player.

Grier is reading all of our threads. He just sent me a message in private, and told me that he is willing to cash app us money just for making dolphins decisions while he sits in his office playing pacman for the rest of the day. I want Sewell so all I had to do so he can draft him was to send him my madden account with everything unlocked.

I agree, wait it out for him to be cut, at most offer a 7th in the future.

Before you make any move to bring him in, you sit down with Kindley and get the low down on his personality. If he confirms the red flags, you stay far away.
Allegedly, he checked out by Tennessee. Something happened when the got there....young, now "rich"...not sure he had the right mentors he needed. Or it could be that he's just a JaMarcus Russell head case. But I think its worth finding out. You cant teach size and strength. His problems on film are technical...you can teach technique.

Grier is reading all of our threads. He just sent me a message in private, and told me that he is willing to cash app us money just for making dolphins decisions while he sits in his office playing pacman for the rest of the day. I want Sewell so all I had to do so he can draft him was to send him my madden account with everything unlocked.
Dang it...if he's not really reading them, then maybe we shouldn't comment about things on a Fins message board.

He's 23. Players mature at different times. Maybe he'll work out for a team. If he does, his potential is massive.

Flores seems to give 2nd chances. He did for Preston Williams, Kirk Merrit, Lynn Bowden and Antonio Callaway anyway. Wilson has some bigger red flags than them though but I'm sure we'll kick the tyres if he gets cut, which seems likely.

Back
Top Bottom