Isaiah Wilson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isaiah Wilson

If we could get him cheap AND if Flores chats with him and thinks he can reach him, then I think he would be worth it as a developmental project. He seems to have major maturity issues to say the least.

As said here, Wilson went to the same HS as Flores.

I remember there being reports that we liked him in the draft coming out. I thought We would have taken him with that Hunt pick had he made it there.

I’m sure Flores has contacted every coach that has worked with Wilson and gotten all the details. If he felt there was any chance Wilson could turn it around, which I tend To believe, then I’m sure we will at least see what the deal would look like.

Then you come down to 2 questions -

1. Can he play RT? I think He will need to end up being a guard. I wonder if Kindley playing next to him on the right side would help.

2. How motivated is he? This is a kid who literally nicknamed HIMSELF “LayZay”. That was my first red flag

However if we can have a come to Jesus meeting with this kid, I’m all for giving him a shot. I was definitely not at my peak work ethic at 23 years old so I like To think others can grow as well

We have a young new Offensive Line Coach in Lemuel Jeanpierre, (pronounced lehmew-ELL zhon-pee-AIR) with the retirement of Chan's old buddy, Marshall. The question is whether Flo gives Lemuel a challenging high maintenance project like Isaiah Wilson right away. Logically, no. However, don't forget that big Wilson played next to Solomon Kindley at the Georgia Bulldogs and was part of that great college O-line that monstered their opponents in 2019. If he doesn't get cut and we pursued him, we'd probably have to give up a Draft pick like a 4th, maybe offer a 5th.
All of my instincts say don't bother he's probably a turd but with potential upside - particularly if Solomon Kindley can help to get him focused for a fresh start. Note, Wilson is pretty big - 6'6" and a svelte 350 lbs.

Last edited:
Appearently he's upset the Titans didn't acknowledge his birthday on Social Media. If true, he's got mental health issues.

Potential is not an ability.

If you are not dedicated to your craft, find a new job.

Too many over hyped athletes thinking the world owes them something. When they finally get into a crowded big pond with sharks, they suddenly find too many excuses to not show up to work.

Availability is any athlete's #1 ability.

He is a sloppy player and person, I don't know if that can fixed, if anything it would be high risk thus very low compensation.

@The Ghost <———- was a moron until at least age 30.

If he can play, has no substance abuse issues and has never physically harmed another human being (or dog).....I am taking a hard look.

The agent world isn’t being kind about Wilson and they usually side with players. Not ground breaking info but i mean... kinda showing that he’s not exactly handling this well.

What a difference a year makes.

In 2019 that Titans offense was rolling with Lewan and Conklin. Conklin leaves for Cleveland in FA, has a monster year, Lewan tears his ACL in the first half of the season and Wilson never showed up to try and help. Whats that? 3 first round OT's taken in 6 or 7 years and not one on the roster at seasons end. That's brutal.

If not for bad luck, Tannehill would have no luck at all. At least he's got that bank account, gorgeous wife and healthy children. You know what, he's pretty luck afterall.

Vrabel is pretty similar to Flo. If he has problems there it’ll probably be the same here. I’m out on problem children who want to quit after their rookie year.

Football really sems to be that dude's priority...lol!

Appearently he's upset the Titans didn't acknowledge his birthday on Social Media. If true, he's got mental health issues.
Maybe it was a big one like 25 and 1/2 or something...so what, he's a sensitive kid ;)

You don't pay somebody as immature as him $2.75 mil a year. His actions last year and this off-season are some of the biggest red flags towards his inability to be a professional as I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom