Isiah Prince Impresses In first Start | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isiah Prince Impresses In first Start

Webb looked good at LT too. Does this mean Davis may not start anymore?

You do not want Webb at LT long term.

As for Prince. He did struggle against Bosa especially in the 2nd half. But he did well in the run game. Now the Chargers are not great against the run but even then you cannot take away Prince was very good in that aspect.

All that said I was pleasantly surprised by the play

It is worth noting that Prince received the highest PFF run blocking grade of an offensive lineman this season. When the PFF grade matches my eye test impression it reinforces my opinion.

Apologies in advance for not letting go of the past. Guess who is the highest rated pass blocking lineman.

Billy Turner. Just another draft pick that wasn’t developed. Maybe something clicked in him after we got rid of him. Or maybe he just needed the right coaching.

Apologies in advance for not letting go of the past. Guess who is the highest rated pass blocking lineman.

Billy Turner. Just another draft pick that wasn’t developed. Maybe something clicked in him after we got rid of him. Or maybe he just needed the right coaching.

Some guys are just raw, can't get past bad technique. Hard to know why some just cannot figure it out but I'm happy for him. No question that a good O-line coach can make a world of difference if he's good at not just teaching technique but identifying where the player is having problems and helping him adjust to avoid it. It's just so technical and bad tendencies can be hard to break, notwithstanding a player's talent.

I'm sure some of you think Prince was "impressive" because PFF said he was rated highly in run blocking. He did OK in the run blocking but make no mistake he severely limited the offense because we had to max protect often and he always had help on his side in pass protection. When you have to max protect all the time and use only two receivers in routes and still the defense gets pressure on the QB...that's a big advantage for the defense.

Yeah but he's not going to have to play Popeye every week!

And speaking of the "help," I actually saw Gesicki impeding the outside in a reasonable fashion!

Nothing nasty or eye popping. Just rather functional!

Imagine if the kid turns into a legit footballer?

Things are better than they seem right now!

:lol:

I can't believe that. I haven't watched Turner play since he left Miami so it's not like I can directly dispute their grade...but how???? He was literally one of the worst linemen I have ever seen. That would be a hell of a turnaround

I can't believe that. I haven't watched Turner play since he left Miami so it's not like I can directly dispute their grade...but how???? He was literally one of the worst linemen I have ever seen. That would be a hell of a turnaround

Bob McGinn reported that he spent 2 weeks with Tua's dad.

Say what you will and especially for the 1st half this was the most solid the OL looked all year. Even the annoucer were expressing how disappointed they were that there wasn't more pressure being applied to Rosen.

Lol that's also what made the Rosen evaluation disappointing too. He had more time in this game than the previous and did absolutely almost not with it.

There is no law that mandates that every lineman we pick becomes a bust. We are permitted to have some of our o-line picks work out! You'd never know that by the results. Time after time, with few exceptions like Tunsil, we fail to get the right players picked. I hope with Reggie McKensie on board we may get that thing fixed. Our Tackles looked mammoth, Webb and Prince are big boys. It would be wonderful if those 2 guys can hang onto the jobs. They both look like they can play.

One thing to consider when evaluating this years' younger OL players is the fact that it will usually be unfair to evaluate their performance in the 2nd half of games. Sunday's OL config did reasonably well in the first half, while it was still a game. In the 2nd half when SD took TOTAL control of the time of possession and also the score, the defense was able to pin its ears back and go into total "kill" mode. They knew we were passing. There are very few OL in the league who can stand up to that for 20-30 game minutes (especially younger ones). We are evaluating guys who literally have a more difficult task than most OL in the NFL due to the makeup of this entire team. You look at the teams who are consistent on offense, the other team has to respect the run, play action, literally everything for 4 quarters. When you play this edition of the fins, you typically know only 1 thing is coming at you very early into the game.

Well his last O-line coach here was doing coke in his office.

But maybe he was just a late bloomer.

Honestly don't think that's "LOL" material!

Got ANY visual evidence?

You can go back and watch the game and see it almost every time he was 1-on-1 with a pass rusher. The pass blocking was terrible.

His only salvageable asset right now this season is run blocking, which he did well. But you don't want to leave him on an island with even an average pass rusher

The thing Im happiest about is seeing this coaching staff development young players. The Dolphins haven't had that in a very long time. Josh Rosen, Michael Deiter, Isaiah Prince, Shaq Calhoun, the list goes on. Every week, they seem to look a little better.

i think the world needs @BigNastyFish to be a fins beat writer. I'd follow that sob in a heart beat. Where as Fishy seems like hte Hogan or Rick Rude, he's definately like the dusty rhodes of finheaven.

I'd like my name to be Hydraulic Jack...

I'm sure some of you think Prince was "impressive" because PFF said he was rated highly in run blocking. He did OK in the run blocking but make no mistake he severely limited the offense because we had to max protect often and he always had help on his side in pass protection. When you have to max protect all the time and use only two receivers in routes and still the defense gets pressure on the QB...that's a big advantage for the defense.

You know I actually liked the heavy bunch formations Pittsburgh used last night against Cincinnati.

Back
Top Bottom