Isn't it amazing!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isn't it amazing!!!!!!!

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
That a player who isn't even slated to be a starter is getting this much press. :hmmm: I don't think that there has ever been a more talked about backup then Griese, I don't think even Seau got this much publicity.

You know what?

It just shows how much EVERYBODY knows what the backup qb position (or lack thereof) cost us last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
Yep, Lucas has changed the backup QB position forever. At least in Miami. :lol:

True, Miami had always gotten good play out of it's backups; from Earl Morrall to Don Strock to Mitchell when Marino went down with the Achilles tear.
We never experienced anything like last season

Originally posted by zachseau13

True, Miami had always gotten good play out of it's backups; from Earl Morrall to Don Strock to Mitchell when Marino went down with the Achilles tear.
We never experienced anything like last season

Yep, even Deberg did a good job. I always thought he was one of the best at the play action.

The bright side of Griese holding out...

....if he manages to really piss Dolphins fans off with this crap, maybe those same fans won't be so quick to shout "Brian...Brian" when Jay throws his first Interception this year...:lol:

Re: The bright side of Griese holding out...

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
....if he manages to really piss Dolphins fans off with this crap, maybe those same fans won't be so quick to shout "Brian...Brian" when Jay throws his first Interception this year...:lol:

That would be a definite benefit.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
That a player who isn't even slated to be a starter is getting this much press. :hmmm: I don't think that there has ever been a more talked about backup then Griese, I don't think even Seau got this much publicity.

What amazes me the most is for the last couple of weeks, EVERYTHING was "in the bag". Just have to iron out some "minor" details etc and it's done! pretty MINOR, huh? :eek:

Any way we can get back Huard he is an upgrade over Lucas. j/k

It was the all sportswriters who are "in the know" saying that the Greisie deal was all but a done deal... After hearing nothing but that for 2 months you start to assume that it is true...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the sportwriters... ASSUMED it was in the bag based on the facts.

A) Miami wants Griese
B) Griese wants to be in Miami
C) Nobody else is interested in Griese
D) Miami is willing to pay above the average backup pay to land Griese. (Most backups are at about $1 million per year. or less

So.... with all that said, it should be in the bag. I don't think many could have predicted Griese's agent would have pulled a Michael Todd and tried to get 5 times what Griese's market value is.

However, I STILL think it will get done prior to the Dolphins next organized practices (June 16th)... and likely for close to what the Dolphins were originally offering. Because, if not the Dolphins will have to go in another direction, because they will need a backup in here learning the offense, or else he wil be useles to us during the upcoming season.

Back
Top Bottom