Isn't it time to blame Tony Wise? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Isn't it time to blame Tony Wise?

BSQX4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know he's being asked to make a unit out of below average talent but he is the O-Line Coach and the O-Line is awful. Is there nothing different he can do? Is he doing a bad job? If players aren't performing sit them down! What other options do we have?

The Giants have the biggest bunch of no name scrubs on their OL and they were playing the NFL sack leading Jets and protected Collins enough to win the game (barely). It is obvious our OL is awful and the coach needs to find some strength there to work with. I thought our pass protection was adequate until today

I don't think there are many guys you can just "sit down" because we ain't got much behind them. Next year?? Maybe those guys develop like we hope. But this year, it's McKinney and that's it (without Dixon).

Why are you being so hard on Tony? He's not there to coach our offensive line; he's there to be Wannstedt's buddy. Same for Keith Armstrong, our "special" teams coach.

Tony Wise is there to coach the linemen on what they are doing wrong and the help them get better. You can preach and preach to someone on what they are doing wrong and help them try to fix it, but when it comes down to it, it is the O-line that is out on the field not Tony Wise. He has nothing to do with any of the play calling or decesion on how the game progresses. All he can do is help these guys figure out what they are doing wrong. Bottom Line is the O-line is out there getting creamed.

Wade Smith has become a huge problem as of today. He's not ready and he is protecting the QBs' blind side. We've got an emergency thanks to Wannstedt not getting a LT in the off-season and Dixon always being hurt. What in the word do we do now? Kenyatta Jones?

This year's line and it's coach need to auctioned off on Ebay to a CFL team, this is quite sad. The freakin Texans have a better line than us, the same line that almost allowed David Carr to be killed. Oh well, at least our line isn't bad as the Redskins :rolleyes:

Originally posted by dolphan39
I thought our pass protection was adequate until today

That's what the mobile Fiedler for 6 games plus a game against the Chargers will do for ya. I'm not against those of you who are excited by Griese, but I would suggest you brace yourselves for more of the same. With the toe hurt, Griese has gone from Marino-like to positively statue-like. I think Bernie Kosar could get out there and beat him in a sprint...

Back
Top Bottom