"It bothers" Chris Christie that Jets, Giants are labeled N.Y. teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"It bothers" Chris Christie that Jets, Giants are labeled N.Y. teams

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
The fact that the New York Jets and New York Giants are identified with the Empire State and not New Jersey, where they train and play, "bothers" Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J.
"It bothers me that these teams are still called New York teams," Christie said on WFAN radio Monday.
"They train in New Jersey, both of their facilities are in New Jersey on New Jersey property. They play in New Jersey every Sunday. There's nothing about New York with either one of these football teams ... When a baseball team moves, should they still be called the old city's name?"
The New Jersey vs. New York fight has been an issue for decades, ever since the Giants moved their home stadium to East Rutherford in 1976 when Giants Stadium was built. The Jets also began calling Giants Stadium home in 1984; both teams now play in MetLife Stadium, which opened in 2010 next to the now-demolished Giants Stadium.
Christie, who filled in as co-host on WFAN's "Boomer & Carton" radio show Monday, also pushed back on criticism that the open-air MetLife Stadium is hosting the Super Bowl next year in the middle of winter, on Feb. 2.
"What's the problem? They play in snow all the time. What's the problem?" Christie asked.
"Listen, I've already got the plows fired up. They're good to go, they're ready to go. Let me tell you, nobody is going to be slipping on ice and not being able to get to the stadium. We're from New Jersey! It snows all the time. What's the problem? [A] blinding snowstorm is what I'd like. I'd like a blinding snowstorm during the game. It would be amazing."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162...istie-that-jets-giants-are-labeled-n.y-teams/

you don't say that the Governor of NJ is bothered by this?

Back
Top Bottom