It Doesn’t Sound Like Lamar Jackson Is An Option For His Hometown Dolphins At No. 11 In The Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Doesn’t Sound Like Lamar Jackson Is An Option For His Hometown Dolphins At No. 11 In The Draft

Also, QBs in the mold of Lamar Jackson have been completely unsuccessful in the NFL. The latest, DeShaun Watson, didn’t even make it 3 games before being out for the year. Why does everyone expect Lamar Jackson to be different? Do the laws of physics not apply to him? Will he somehow not take the same kind of hits that ruined RG3 and took out Watson in a matter of games?
Seven games.

And Watson relies less on his legs than Jackson does.

Vick is the only true mobile QB that I recall having any kind of longevity. Other "mobile QBs" tended to utilize their legs mostly for scrambling. I wouldn't even consider Cam Newton a mobile QB like Jackson, even though he is adept at using his running ability to move the chains. He is still primarily a pocket passer. Plus he has size that guys like Jackson can't even touch.

Agreed completely. I think people have fresh memories of those 2 games DeShaun Watson played and forget that he was out the rest of the year, and think Lamar Jackson is the next big thing. It’s too big of a risk for me, especially in the first, for a team that doesn’t have the luxury of taking risks like that considering our roster.

What are you talking about? 1. Watson made it more than 3 games. 2. He was injured in a non contact drill in practice. Very similar to the non contact injury Ryan Tannehill suffered. 3. There are plenty of examples of successful QBs that run as well. Ever hear of Russell Wilson or Cam Newton?

Neither RW or Cam are pure mobile QBs like Jackson. They scramble, not rely on designed runs or their speed to move the chains. RW is an improvisational QB, but he operates within the parameters of a pocket passer. Jackson is more like Vick and RGIII.

What are you talking about? 1. Watson made it more than 3 games. 2. He was injured in a non contact drill in practice. Very similar to the non contact injury Ryan Tannehill suffered. 3. There are plenty of examples of successful QBs that run as well. Ever hear of Russell Wilson or Cam Newton?

They are pocket QBs who are mobile. That’s different than a scrambling QB, like an RG3 or DeShaun Watson. Can Lamar Jackson turn into that? Maybe. I don’t think it’s a risk this team can take with the roster we have.

I love Lamar Jackson but not enough to pass on the elite defensive talent that should be available for us. Josh Rosen and it's a discussion.

Neither RW or Cam are pure mobile QBs like Jackson. They scramble, not rely on designed runs or their speed to move the chains. RW is an improvisational QB, but he operates within the parameters of a pocket passer. Jackson is more like Vick and RGIII.

They are pocket QBs who are mobile. That’s different than a scrambling QB, like an RG3 or DeShaun Watson. Can Lamar Jackson turn into that? Maybe. I don’t think it’s a risk this team can take with the roster we have.

Cam Newton ran for 1500 yards his senior year in college.

And please stop grouping Watson into a scrambling QB. He ran less than Cam did in college and he ran less than Cam did last year. What are you basing these opinions on?

The fact that he was hurt, so it helps your argument? hahaha

I don’t think anyone knows who Tannenbaum/Gase are targeting. Why would any GM or Coach blab to the media who they are most focused on? The talking heads, Mel Kiper, McShay, Rappoport, Cowherd, Shefter know about as much about who is going where, as the average person reading Finheaven.

Cam Newton ran for 1500 yards his senior year in college.

And please stop grouping Watson into a scrambling QB. He ran less than Cam did in college and he ran less than Cam did last year. What are you basing these opinions on?

The fact that he was hurt, so it helps your argument? hahaha

Whatever you say man. I wish Lamar Jackson the best and hope he has an amazing career. He’s a phenomenal human being and deserves the best. But he’s a risk and it’s a risk this team can’t afford to take with this roster.

Whatever you say man. I wish Lamar Jackson the best and hope he has an amazing career. He’s a phenomenal human being and deserves the best. But he’s a risk and it’s a risk this team can’t afford to take with this roster.
He is a risk. Absolutely agree there. I think you're overstating the risk as well as using false narrative to do so.

Lamar Jackson is as good of a passer as Allen, but adds another dimension with his athleticism. With that said, I wouldn't grab either before round two because they are both inaccurate which doesn't lead to success in the NFL.

Also. Why can we not afford to take the risk? Because this roster is so close to competing? Because we are in a perfect situation to continue to middle of the road mediocre? If anything this franchise absolutely NEEDS to take a risk such as this.

Back
Top Bottom