It Doesn’t Sound Like Lamar Jackson Is An Option For His Hometown Dolphins At No. 11 In The Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It Doesn’t Sound Like Lamar Jackson Is An Option For His Hometown Dolphins At No. 11 In The Draft

If we go QB at 11, I think it's gonna be Jackson. A lot of people around here are gonna be pisssssssssssed. Me? I am gonna be excited!

Agreed completely. I think people have fresh memories of those 2 games DeShaun Watson played and forget that he was out the rest of the year, and think Lamar Jackson is the next big thing. It’s too big of a risk for me, especially in the first, for a team that doesn’t have the luxury of taking risks like that considering our roster.

It’s a completely legitimate argument...you don’t ever want your QB taking big hits.

I actually like the way they were using Tannehill at one point occasionally letting him take off to keep the defense honest...it takes a lot of self control by the QB.

If a QB with Jackson’s abilities ever learns to do that...it will be dangerous!

Also. Why can we not afford to take the risk? Because this roster is so close to competing? Because we are in a perfect situation to continue to middle of the road mediocre? If anything this franchise absolutely NEEDS to take a risk such as this.

This franchise has a steady, if unspectacular, QB now. If Jackson busts, this franchise is set back however many years. And that chance of busting is even higher right now because we have no TE, a leaky OL, and our receivers are a question mark. And, we have a defense that will force the offense to put up lots of points to win. I’d be comfortable with a traditional pocket passer coming into that situation because that skill set is designed to handle that. Jackson’s best chance of thriving is in an offense with pieces already in place. So we would move on from our traditional pocket QB who has shown he can get us to the playoffs with a crap roster, and we take on a boom or bust QB who has a really high chance of busting due to what we’re inserting him into. That’s a disaster in the making.

That’s just my opinion, though. No worries if people disagree.

There is only one qb good enough for the dolphins. That's RT. Everyone else is extremely flawed it seems

As opposed to every single other QB being better than RT? All you post is polar extremes.

Cam Newton ran for 1500 yards his senior year in college.

And please stop grouping Watson into a scrambling QB. He ran less than Cam did in college and he ran less than Cam did last year. What are you basing these opinions on?

The fact that he was hurt, so it helps your argument? hahaha

If Cam lost his ability to run could he still be an effective QB? The answer is yes.

Could you say the same for Jackson?

If the Browns took Saquon Barkley at 1 and LaMar Jackson at 4, they would be deadly!
I wouldn't hate it we took Jackson.

Phew, glad you guys put that to rest.

Now draft him and lets get this party started.

If the Browns took Saquon Barkley at 1 and LaMar Jackson at 4, they would be deadly!
I wouldn't hate it we took Jackson.

No they wouldn't, because teams would stack the box the stop the run....be it Saquon or Jackson. They would single up the WRs and say beat me, which he wouldn't be able to do right now.

As opposed to every single other QB being better than RT? All you post is polar extremes.

It's neithe extreme and I've never said he sucks or is great. Just making an observation.

Neither RW or Cam are pure mobile QBs like Jackson. They scramble, not rely on designed runs or their speed to move the chains. RW is an improvisational QB, but he operates within the parameters of a pocket passer. Jackson is more like Vick and RGIII.

The Cam Newton blast they run on nearly every 3rd and short isn't designed?

Back
Top Bottom