It is great to be excited about the Dolphins again | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It is great to be excited about the Dolphins again

I was against the Flores hiring. The track record for Belichick's coaching tree is pretty freakin bad. But Flores showed me something last year. He's definitely got his own style but he has some Belichick traits as well. I loved the way he ripped into referees during games...something we haven't seen here in forever. He's emotional...the kind of emotion that feeds into the team. The guys seemed to play hard for him and the development of players was another thing we just haven't seen here in a long time...and guys got better across the board...not just one unit or one player.

I'm still not totally convinced, however. Cautiously optimistic is more the term I use. If player development continues and guys continue to play hard for him then I think we may have finally found a good coach. Year two for all the recent coaches has always been the more accurate picture of the type of coach the Dolphins have hired.

Yeah I was going to say the same thing about how he gets on the refs in defense of his players!

What makes me most excited is not just Tua but seeing what coach Flores can do. I do expect good things but I’m hoping the progress we saw last year wasn’t a fluke. This team has potential

Still a long ways to go.

But I am cautiously optimistic. Still alot of JAGs on this team, that can be hidden or covered up in year 2 of a rebuild.

Consistent growth and some freaking legit NFL starters on the oline will give me something to watch in 2020.

Still think this team ends up with 5-7 wins, but will show growth, that will make the 2021 Draft the sexay draft.

I'm looking forward to the last 10 games when, I think, fans will see the 'real' Dolphins. Most of us have lived through Fistpump, Philbin, and Gase - coaches (and FO) that didn't inspire hope. Draft picks that didn't show enough year 1 to get the juices flowing. This year feels different. The FO is acting competently. Flo should what a 'real' HC can do. A number of FAs and rookies who seem to have high ceilings. All this needs verification this fall, but, you're right, I find it hard to be pessimistic.
Just wait, they'll find their way here... :chuckle:

6f7436ea183361a6b9922cc25a48ca3a.gif

I have been a ride or die fin fan since 1972. It has been a good while since I have been so optimistic about the future of the team. My optimism is not based on Tua, but that is part of it. I am really basing it on Flores. I think he is going to be our best coach since Shula.
Maybe so ... but every time I see your avatar I get the urge to say, "I'm your huckle-fin" ... LOL, probably just me, but Val Kilmer was awesome as Doc Holiday in Tombstone.

Last year was the only time I've ever kinda been ok with a loss. I mean i was rooting for wins but it was definitely not the same. I think that means i bought in to whatever it was that happened, but i really hope to get back to yelling at the TV and possibly gloating after a good win. Just like the good old days and the bad old days. This has been a strange year.

Next yr dolphins will be excited.. going into 2021 season.

Back
Top Bottom