It may seem obvious however....... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It may seem obvious however.......

I have a good feeling he’ll get laid out, and pop right back up. People act like he got hurt every time he took a hit. He got laid out plenty and was ok. I hope like some others have mentioned he doesn’t try to be a hero. If the play isn’t there, go to the next play. That was a major problem still up until the last game he played. That’s what I’ll be looking for game 1

so true, he has to play smart but even R Wilson gets the hammer a few times a game
I still remember that hit he took from Clay Matthews in that playoff game when they came back from like 21 down. Got right back up and kept ongoing.

This is a contact sport. Tua is going to get hit hard eventually. His body will either hold up or it won't.

This notion that you can protect him from hits to his hip( or any other part of his body) every single game from now till the end of eternity is stupid.
Lost on a lot of people here is that dude is samoan, he’s tough as nails and has a warrior spirit, he will be fine

The Dolphins need to do what they can to keep my favorite player (along with Khalil Mack) away from the Tua, obviously. Much easier said than done . He's the best player in the NFL and the best we can hope for is to neutralize him. It will be a fun game to watch, for sure.

Hogwash. You draft the guy, you play him and stop worrying about injuries. Nothing you can do about it. Can’t live in fear of what you can’t control. Welcome to the big time, this is the NFL. With that said, his offense will be designed for him to get the ball out quick, a lot more running plays, probably extra blockers requiring him to thread the needle to WRs are are covered. Not sure if I like that game plan, would rather play him like the player he can be.
Exactly. It's one thing if Tua isn't 100 percent, but that doesn't appear to be the issue. Miami sat him for almost half the season.

Any football player has the chance to get injured. Let's hope Tua can stay injury free.

If I’m not mistaken, they drafted Tua to give them the best chance to win against stout defensive teams. If they feel he’s ready, which they apparently do, then he should play. But don’t expect perfection in a rookie debut against a good team.

With Donald, use double teams, quick strikes, running backs, gadget plays, etc.
I'm sure Chan has devised games against stud rushers like Donald.

Donald has not been a beast this season like the past..3.5 sacks this year? Im not scared and I doubt Tua is either...

BTW...Im not alone in feeling this way.

Warren Sapp rips Aaron Donald's run defense, doubts his greatness​

Still maybe not the week to give Donald poster board material lol

Have you ever watched Sapp play? He may have a big mouth, but don't take any thing away from him as a player.
Yah ironically he was kind of Donald before Donald. No one had seen a DT that freakishly fast, big, and athletic before Sapp. Like Donald today.

Yah ironically he was kind of Donald before Donald. No one had seen a DT that freakishly fast, big, and athletic before Sapp. Like Donald today.

The thing is, Donald isn't that big (tall). He is 6'0" and "only" 285lbs. He is freakishly strong, however, and is able to contort his body to shed blocks.

Back
Top Bottom