It seems this year'd draft will be a solid foundation unlike most past years | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It seems this year'd draft will be a solid foundation unlike most past years

dlockz

Hall Of Famer
Reaction score
Jake Long, Phillip Merling, Kendell Langford and Chad Henne were all picked in rounds where players should become starters and key contributers and they have all shown signs or ability to do that.

In past years we have wasted key picks on these guys

Not adding Ginn to list yet but he has been a big dissapointment considering he has been given the number one job without earning it and done nothing special

2007-
John Beck Qb-Now third stringer and is holding on for NFL life after being drafted in second round. Very dissapointing that a first year player can come in and compete for the starting job and Beck cannot in his second year.

Paul Solai- May be premature but other players have made much bigger impacts and he has rarely been on field in either season. He should however surpass his three tackles from last year.

Lorenzo Booker-Played solid at end of year but dissapointing that one year later he has less value.

2006-

Jason Allen- Nothing better than taking a safety in round one coming off of injury. This draft was full of safety talent. He seems to be another player that looks better at combine than in real life. Third year and is still being moved around and is not a starter.If he is the next Troy Pol somebody better let him know.

Derek Hagan- Ouch this guy is barely on NFL life support alongside John Beck. I thought he was going to improve this year and was quite wrong.
He cannot make a play with this group of receivers, that is pitiful.

Joe Toledo- An awful pick from the beginning. More proof that scouts should watch more games and less combine. He makes the hagan pick look genius.

Travis Danials- Ok as a rookie but was kind of like Camirillo, Starting on because the secondary was weak. At least we got a late pick for him but still not something u look to get.

The rest of the 2005 draft early seems to be a solid foundation with Brown, Crowder and possibly Roth although not sold on Roth yet.

The previous two seasons drafts have provided very little as far as talent that makes us a better team while this year's draft offers quite a glimpse of hope at this point. In fact we may have found some gems later in the draft in Dotson and Thomas.

Agreed on all counts.

The only one from 2008 that's still very iffy in my eyes is Chad Henne. I think he looked fantastic in mop up duty against the Cardinals, but as we all know, it could take years before we know whether or not he will be a legit NFL starter.

Jason Allen, unless he steps up, will be gone this offseason. (still think we should have drafted Cromartie instead *sighs*) the same might be said of Derek Hagan.. John Beck, we still might be able to get atleast a 3rd round for him and Channing Crowder was a great pickup and he did well under Zachs wing and is clearly the leader of our defense alongside Yeremiah Bell.

Jason Allen, unless he steps up, will be gone this offseason. (still think we should have drafted Cromartie instead *sighs*) the same might be said of Derek Hagan.. John Beck, we still might be able to get atleast a 3rd round for him and Channing Crowder was a great pickup and he did well under Zachs wing and is clearly the leader of our defense alongside Yeremiah Bell.

We have no chance in getting a 3rd rounder for Beck. Lets suck it up and develop him as the backup Qb of the future. The best you can get for Beck is a 7th about now.

We have no chance in getting a 3rd rounder for Beck. Lets suck it up and develop him as the backup Qb of the future. The best you can get for Beck is a 7th about now.

I agree here with that one point, develope Beck t be your backup. So you have a guy that knows the system inside and out. If by chance he has to start for a couple games because of an injury and shows promise then you will have trade value like Schaub/ Feeley etc...
I'm talking over the next couple years not this year, if Penny goes down I want Henne getting the reps.

Back
Top Bottom