It sure is fun to think about it | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It sure is fun to think about it

zach attach

Active Roster
Reaction score
When I think of the possibility of Daunte and Ricky coming back, visions of Super Bowl pop up.
We did okay this year, but if a healthy Daunte and a hard charging Ricky both come back, think about how good our team looks.

So, if they come in healthy and playing with something to prove, how do you like our chances?

I'm probably in the minority, but I could use an offseason without hearing anything about Ricky. I'm really indifferent as to whether or not he returns.

Im not a fan that will be optimistic until a few games into the season. this was the year that stripped that out of me after injuries and disappointment. you just never know and until you have some consistent guys....

zach attach said:
When I think of the possibility of Daunte and Ricky coming back, visions of Super Bowl pop up.
We did okay this year, but if a healthy Daunte and a hard charging Ricky both come back, think about how good our team looks.

So, if they come in healthy and playing with something to prove, how do you like our chances?
our biggest chance at a super bowl is if ricky stays away from the drugs

This is exactly the thought that had us start 1-6 this year. Come into next year and worry about one thing at a time.
1. Stable QB situation
2. Youth in the d through the draft, oline improvement through draft and FA
3. Winning the division
4. Winning the Super Bowl

Having Ricky back is exciting. Take a couple long runs SAMMY MORRIS has had. Lions game and the Pats game. Great job by Morris because Ronnie doesn't seem to be able to that. Now put Ricky in there in place of Sammy. Those runs are gone for TD's, and that's just in the past few games. Ricky is exciting and is a threat to take it all the way to the house every time he touches the ball.

I had the same optimism coming into this season, I might feel that way again IF the Fins address the OL well and early enough so we have an OL that will give Daunte time to throw. And he seems to need a LOT of time, but he's the guy I want to see in there.

Dolfan5000 said:
This is exactly the thought that had us start 1-6 this year. Come into next year and worry about one thing at a time.
1. Stable QB situation
2. Youth in the d through the draft, oline improvement through draft and FA
3. Winning the division
4. Winning the Super Bowl

Who needs youth on the D. I don't think J Allen helped much this year and our D looks superb. Those old D-line men play like first round draft choices But the O-line...

zach attach said:

I try not to think about the unexpected. We had a good run with Ricky. That run is over. He may come back, but he will never be back to the "top tier" back that he was when he left.

As for DC, I'll be surprised if he is ever a serviceable starter again in this league. What we saw earlier in the season from him was what we saw early in 05 from him before his injury...a substandard QB.

Hopefully, the Fins saw enough to go in another direction. As much as anything else in this league, QBs need to make good decisions. Remember the INT vs the Bills earlier in the season? That was a throw he makes injured knee or not. And it was inexcusable.

What we need to be thinking about is maybe Joey comes back better prepared, more experienced, more confident...and if Ricky can be a viable back up running back, fine. If not, we need to draft a young player who can spell Ronnie 5 or 6 carries a game.

What we also need to be thinking about is the possibility of Rodrigue Wright coming in and making an impact on the Dline. And if Matt Roth continues his amazing play as of late, then we have a few young players that can really help the defense. It would also be great if Jason Allen could develop into the starting Safety...With Will Allen, Travis Daniels, and Yeremiah Bell, if Jason can play, we'd have a good secondary with solid depth.

I also think about if Joe Holy Toledo can win the LG spot in TC, and we can draft the LT out of Penn St, we'll have a very good Oline. If we can draft another stud LB like Channing, and young Derek Hagan can learn to catch, then we have a good young nucleus of players.

I might also draft Jordan Palmer out of UTEP (if hes available in the third round) and try to develop him to play in a year or two.

Then I think about the prospect of Nick Saban, Mike Mularkey (I don't think he needs to go away if Saban stays), and Dom Capers preparing this team to start the season. I think about if after 8 games we are 4-4 instead of 2-6 or 3-5, the prospects for success are endless.

I seriously don't think at all about DC or RW..because those thoughts are just depressing as hell.

DePhinistr8 said:
I'm probably in the minority, but I could use an offseason without hearing anything about Ricky. I'm really indifferent as to whether or not he returns.

Put me in the minority too, I've seen enough of Ricky. Its hard for me to understand why fans would continually want this guy back when so many negative things have happened with him in the organization. I could care less if he ever plays for the Dolphins again.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
As for DC, I'll be surprised if he is ever a serviceable starter again in this league. What we saw earlier in the season from him was what we saw early in 05 from him before his injury...a substandard QB.

Hopefully, the Fins saw enough to go in another direction. As much as anything else in this league, QBs need to make good decisions. Remember the INT vs the Bills earlier in the season? That was a throw he makes injured knee or not. And it was inexcusable.

What we need to be thinking about is maybe Joey comes back better prepared, more experienced, more confident...and if Ricky can be a viable back up running back, fine. If not, we need to draft a young player who can spell Ronnie 5 or 6 carries a game.

I might also draft Jordan Palmer out of UTEP (if hes available in the third round) and try to develop him to play in a year or two.

Then I think about the prospect of Nick Saban, Mike Mularkey (I don't think he needs to go away if Saban stays), and Dom Capers preparing this team to start the season. I think about if after 8 games we are 4-4 instead of 2-6 or 3-5, the prospects for success are endless.

I seriously don't think at all about DC or RW..because those thoughts are just depressing as hell.

Couple of things here. First of all I don't understand how you talk about a bad throw by DC but now how blatant Joey's ints have been. Seems to me you write off DC for that throw but u don't hold Joey accountable what so ever for his less then desirable throws.

Second of all as a native of El Paso and a person who gets to watch Palmer play I would say I do not want him on this team. He is not servicable and he will at best I believe be a descent backup qb. He does have all the physical tools to be good, but his decision making leaves much to be desired. If we wish to get anyone from UTEP I would say Higgins would be a definite choice in the later rounds.

DePhinistr8 said:
agreed

last couple of things that ive seen of Ricky is that he likes playing in Canada and that he wants to stay up there. If that's the case then i don't think he's coming back. I may have read the articles wrong but im pretty sure that was the jist of em.

DePhinistr8 said:

I agree with you. I'm just sick of Ricky screwing this team over and I could care less if he returns. Ronnie is a stud and Morris is a worthy number 2.

34isback said:
Im not a fan that will be optimistic until a few games into the season. this was the year that stripped that out of me after injuries and disappointment. you just never know and until you have some consistent guys....
Same here.

Back
Top Bottom