Its 3 and 1 in Jets' territory...we run a play-action pass?!?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its 3 and 1 in Jets' territory...we run a play-action pass?!?!?!

Finch83

Starter
Reaction score
This was the play that lead to the intentional grounding, then the personal foul.

It was mind boggling that Murlarkey would run a play action pass on 3rd and 1 when Ronnie was avg was 6.5 yrds per carry.:tantrum:

I know this is beating a dead horse, but Murlarkey should be fired for the simple fact that he abandons the run and wants to get all "cutesy". I would be okay with some of those plays he runs, but we dont have a Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer in the backfield. We are using our 2nd and 3rd string QBs...KEEP IT SIMPLE!

He ran the play action pass thinking, maybe that's his problem, the Jets would be more than eager to stop the run. Unfortunately, the Jets CB & FS played their responsibilities and didn't fall for it.

This was the play that lead to the intentional grounding, then the personal foul.

It was mind boggling that Murlarkey would run a play action pass on 3rd and 1 when Ronnie was avg was 6.5 yrds per carry.:tantrum:

I know this is beating a dead horse, but Murlarkey should be fired for the simple fact that he abandons the run and wants to get all "cutsy". I would be okay with some of those plays he runs, but we dont have a Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer in the backfield. We are using our 2nd and 3rd string QBs...KEEP IT SIMPLE!

I totally agree and I think you meant "cutesy." Mularkey seems to go away from what is working. Ronnie could have run for 200 yards....why did we not stay with it? :rolleyes:

Thanks Roman. Yeah, I changed it to cutesy.:D

It is so frustrating watching the offensive play calling. We gave this game away.

It seems that with Mularky always thinks he has to trick the opponents in order for something to work, rather than just out executing them.

It seems obvious to so many people, I don't understand what's taking so long to axe this loser.

My only issue sometimes with Ronnie is there are times he seems to have a big opening but he cuts it back a lot with his side to side moves and blows a big gain. Sometimes this prevents him from flying through the hole for some huge gains, but I still am very happy we took him with the 2nd pick. I just hope he can stay healthy, and I hope we can get a better OC who will utilize him more. RB is one of the better pass catching backs but rarely do we thow screen passes to our backs. Mularkey would rather get "cutesy" with a CC reverse. :rolleyes:

Don't forget those awesome double reverses....and HB passes on 2-point conversions...
my head hurts...

I know this is beating a dead horse, but Murlarkey should be fired for the simple fact that he abandons the run and wants to get all "cutesy". I would be okay with some of those plays he runs, but we dont have a Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer in the backfield. We are using our 2nd and 3rd string QBs...KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Probably the single, most Mularkeyass, call of the game. IMO

It was actually a great call. They were probably in 4-down territory. So, on 3rd and 1, with the Jets hopefully overplaying the run, you call a play action pass and hope to burn them for a big play. If it fails, you run for it on 4th down. But, Harrington's terrible decision and Hadnot's dumb penalty spoiled that. And on the play itself, you see Chambers deep, with 2 defenders, but he's actually able to get separation from both and was open. A QB with a strong arm makes that throw.

It was actually a great call. They were probably in 4-down territory. So, on 3rd and 1, with the Jets hopefully overplaying the run, you call a play action pass and hope to burn them for a big play. If it fails, you run for it on 4th down. But, Harrington's terrible decision and Hadnot's dumb penalty spoiled that. And on the play itself, you see Chambers deep, with 2 defenders, but he's actually able to get separation from both and was open. A QB with a strong arm makes that throw.

And as a coach, he should realize that he does not have a strong armed QB willing to make that throw. Get the damn first down...

Wait a minute...Mularky? Is that you?

ya ronnies was a beast all game i cant believe we didnt give that 2 him

we were on what? the Jets 40? you throw an incompletion on 3rd down and then don't make the first on 4th down and you're giving them a short field -they gain 35 yards and they're in FG territory, in a 0-0 game.
on the other hand, we run Ronnie on third and short and get a first, or at least have two chances at running for a first (if we actually were in four down territory) and we have a chance of putting a FG up or at least pinning them deep, near their goal line.
It was a field position game. That was simply a terrible call. Awful

im sorry it was a terrible call. no way we were in 4 down territory. like another poster said, this is MM trying to outsmart the opponent and in the end he is the one that got outsmarted. your typical 'cutesy' play by MM that failed.

im sorry it was a terrible call. no way we were in 4 down territory. like another poster said, this is MM trying to outsmart the opponent and in the end he is the one that got outsmarted. your typical 'cutesy' play by MM that failed.

Agree 100%

Notice how much better Buffalo is than last year under Mularkey?

The Pittsburgh offenses weren't any great shakes when he was their OC.

How about third and inches, and you call a pass play - with only one receiver running a pattern - Wes Welker - who's totally double covered.

H U H ? ? ? ? W H A T ? ? ? ?

However - losing like we did is likely the best thing for us. Better picks in the draft - when we're already out of the playoffs....

Enough Mularkey ...

Back
Top Bottom