It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s a bit lonely, frustrating and motivating when it seems even your fans want you to lose

I'm not implying he is only a running QB.

I am implying that with our current offensive line he is not likely to have much of a choice but to do a lot of running. This could be running forward, sideways or even backward.

This kind of a situation leads to damaged QB's.

Sure thing, Bengals fan. Makes sense now! You love bad teams. Must be a masochist.

Amazing. Several months in, and people still don't get the context. Wtf is so hard to understand? Does Grier have to hold a presser officially announcing that they're tanking? :lol:

Read between the lines, people. They gutted the roster, hardly any veterans left. Guys that could have contributed. $50M+ in dead cap this year, cleared by next season. Massive draft capital and cap space.

They offered a few million for the starting QB and didn't budge. Ever think of that? What organization in their "right" mind chooses Fitzpatrick over Bridgewater? They didn't care. The goal was to just get someone. They didn't want to mess up compensatory pick possibilities, so they low balled everything, including QB.

WHO LOWBALLS A QB's SALARY WHEN THEY'RE TRYING TO WIN??

Think.

Pffft. You're a cult member.

Opinion is worthless cause all you care about is Tiny Tua. Rosen is the future!!!. I can NOT type any of that with a straight face...

Pffft. You're a cult member.

Opinion is worthless cause all you care about is Tiny Tua. Rosen is the future!!!. I can NOT type any of that with a straight face...

:lol:

Right. Tiny Tua who is only that good because he's surrounded by all that talent. Even though QBs before him didn't have the same success while being surrounded by elite talent. . Who knew Finheaven had so many draft experts?

Right. Tiny Tua who is only that good because he's surrounded by all that talent. Even though QBs before him didn't have the same success while being surrounded by elite talent. . Who knew Finheaven had so many draft experts?

It's just his WRs!!.

It's just his OL!!

Little do they know 100% of elite college teams have elite talent at those positions LOL.

And you just made my case for me when you said even though the QB's before him didn't have the same success while being surrounded by elite talent. Tua is putting up numbers that the previous QB's under Saban at Alabama couldn't come close to putting up. Even Jalen Hurts didn't come close to putting those numbers at Alabama and he is tearing it up at Oklahoma this season.

And you just made my case for me when you said even though the QB's before him didn't have the same success while being surrounded by elite talent. Tua is putting up numbers that the previous QB's under Saban at Alabama couldn't come close to putting up. Even Jalen Hurts didn't come close to putting those numbers at Alabama and he is tearing it up at Oklahoma this season.

And his numbers in that favorable offense playing HS teams arent as good as Tua's from a touchdowns accounted for viewpoint.

Sure thing, Bengals fan. Makes sense now! You love bad teams. Must be a masochist.
Just think of it as the luck of the draw. When I left Cincinnati in 1992 I quit being a Bengals fan, although I had been drifting way for several years.

You are wrong, the QB sucked, spent 7 years and several coordinators and HC's to accept it, yet you persist. AND you know nothing about Andrew Luck yet make it a point to use him to support your argument which begs-the-question. Luck had a complex shoulder injury that was compounded by a snowboarding injury (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/aug/26/andrew-luck-retirement-injuries-science). He retired due to ankle/calf injuries which were not injuries during a game.
I am sick and tired of these people who really don't know anything at all about football or the players using them as straw-men for their silly arguments.

Bragging about your football knowledge while arguing that the QB doesn’t need protection just makes you appear foolish. Luck was not protected by the Colts, took too many sacks, got injured and never fully recovered to a point he wanted to continue playing the game. Injuries off the field contributed, but snowboarding isn’t why he left the NFL. Still, if you don’t like the Luck example, how about Carr? He was a very promising QB destroyed by a poor OL. How did Russel Wilson fair when his OL was garbage for awhile? By comparison, the best protected QB in the NFL over his career is Tom Brady. Think that doesn’t matter? Jason Taylor could point to a good number of Dolphin victories and provide evidence otherwise.

About elite QB’s being necessary, the 49’ers, Bills, and Ravens are doing very well without one at the moment. You are arguing as though it’s impossible to succeed without one, and so far this season there is evidence to prove you wrong.

I get tired of fans who argue that the only thing that matters is one player, and that player must be their projected elite rookie, because that player cannot fail. Unfortunately, the NFL really isn’t as much like Madden as you think it is, and fantasy points for individual players don’t always mean wins for the team. Like it or not, football is still a team sport.

Bragging about your football knowledge while arguing that the QB doesn’t need protection just makes you appear foolish. Luck was not protected by the Colts, took too many sacks, got injured and never fully recovered to a point he wanted to continue playing the game. Injuries off the field contributed, but snowboarding isn’t why he left the NFL. Still, if you don’t like the Luck example, how about Carr? He was a very promising QB destroyed by a poor OL. How did Russel Wilson fair when his OL was garbage for awhile? By comparison, the best protected QB in the NFL over his career is Tom Brady. Think that doesn’t matter? Jason Taylor could point to a good number of Dolphin victories and provide evidence otherwise.

About elite QB’s being necessary, the 49’ers, Bills, and Ravens are doing very well without one at the moment. You are arguing as though it’s impossible to succeed without one, and so far this season there is evidence to prove you wrong.

I get tired of fans who argue that the only thing that matters is one player, and that player must be their projected elite rookie, because that player cannot fail. Unfortunately, the NFL really isn’t as much like Madden as you think it is, and fantasy points for individual players don’t always mean wins for the team. Like it or not, football is still a team sport.

A top QB won't, by himself, carry a team regardless how many times that chant is repeated. You're right, QB isn't the only critical position. BUT, to be fair, QB is the MOST IMPORTANT position. Yes, occasionally a Dilfer or McDonnell will come along, but their rarity proves the point. There has never been a SB winning team with one player (the QB) named All Pro.
I agree, even Brady and Brees need a good supporting cast and a top HC, but their team doesn't get to the SB without them. Some put Wentz, Foles, and Goff among those elite QBs. Myths. While I'm not sold on Tua, I understand the logic behind trying for a top QB in '20. Get the most important piece, but fall for the trap that piece, by itself, can reach the playoffs consistently.

A top QB won't, by himself, carry a team regardless how many times that chant is repeated. You're right, QB isn't the only critical position. BUT, to be fair, QB is the MOST IMPORTANT position. Yes, occasionally a Dilfer or McDonnell will come along, but their rarity proves the point. There has never been a SB winning team with one player (the QB) named All Pro.
I agree, even Brady and Brees need a good supporting cast and a top HC, but their team doesn't get to the SB without them. Some put Wentz, Foles, and Goff among those elite QBs. Myths. While I'm not sold on Tua, I understand the logic behind trying for a top QB in '20. Get the most important piece, but fall for the trap that piece, by itself, can reach the playoffs consistently.

Don‘t disagree with anything you said. Good post. Whether Tua is or isn’t the answer, I cannot say. If we draft him, I hope he is. My doubts with Tua don’t mean I don’t believe in drafting a QB high.

More strawman arguments and begging the question. The posts read like a fallacy of follies, a fairground of flatulence - insipid and irrelevant. No more arguing out of fear of becoming foolish myself, you are far more experienced.
Your inability to rationally answer any questions or discuss a differing viewpoint show the weakness of your argument. Nice to see you own a thesaurus, though.

Amazing. Several months in, and people still don't get the context. Wtf is so hard to understand? Does Grier have to hold a presser officially announcing that they're tanking? :lol:

Read between the lines, people. They gutted the roster, hardly any veterans left. Guys that could have contributed. $50M+ in dead cap this year, cleared by next season. Massive draft capital and cap space.

They offered a few million for the starting QB and didn't budge. Ever think of that? What organization in their "right" mind chooses Fitzpatrick over Bridgewater? They didn't care. The goal was to just get someone. They didn't want to mess up compensatory pick possibilities, so they low balled everything, including QB.

WHO LOWBALLS A QB's SALARY WHEN THEY'RE TRYING TO WIN??

Think.
They just won’t look cause they don’t want to -

A cursory look at the transaction table since March is all a person needs to kno about what the FO thinks about this season

The FO is also prepared to flip 3/4 of this roster to be competitive

These scrubs are lucky to have a job and they know it

Early in his career Luck lowered his shoulders and took on tacklers which was stupid

He also wore himself out - did they protect him no - but did he protect himself? I would say no

Back
Top Bottom