Its a no brainer to me... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Its a no brainer to me...

I agree...and then try to turn one of those or one of the Pitt/Texans pick into a 2021 1st and something this year....
I can see Grier doing just that...depending on his they feel about Tuas medicals.

Are you saying we should target Derek Carr?

Not at all...

Picks (11, 13, and a another) for a pick (5). Let them find someone else to dump Carr.

Not at all...

Picks (11, 13, and a another) for a pick (5). Let them find someone else to dump Carr.
You are not going to get 11 and 13 and an additional pick unless we pick 1 or 2 but 1 is out of reach and 2 or 3 seem unlikely right now.
The combined point value for 11 and 13 (2400) is just to high for a #4 or #5 pick (1800/1700). At best we would get the #11 (1250) and a 2021 1st round pick (590) and maybe an exchange of later picks benefitting us.
But I also would think that we only garner two 1st rounders if the Raiders are really really desperate. I probably could see it more like the Jets/Colts trade (#6 to #3) for Darnold. They exchanged 1st round picks and the Jets coughed up an additional three 2nd round picks (I think they still overpaid by one 2nd rounder but they were desperate).

The only time you really can get two first rounders when teams trade in the first round is desperation (if the picks are close) or a huge jump (like KC did for Mahomes and gave Buffalo two 1st rounders to jump 17 spots - from 27 to 10).

A real close compariosn would be the Buffalo and Tampa trade in 2018. Buffalo traded from 12 to 7 and got the 7th (1st round) and 255th pick (7th round) and gave up the 12th (1st round) and #53 and 56 (two 2nd rounders).

But hey, we took Houston to the cleaner on the Tunsil trade....you never know. :lol:

Last edited:
You are not going to get 11 and 13 and an additional pick unless we pick 1 or 2 but 1 is out of reach and 2 or 3 seem unlikely right now.
The combined point value for 11 and 13 (2400) is just to high for a #4 or #5 pick (1800/1700). At best we would get the #11 (1250) and a 2021 1st round pick (590) and maybe an exchange of later picks benefitting us.
But I also would think that we only garner two 1st rounders if the Raiders are really really desperate. I probably could see it more like the Jets/Colts trade (#6 to #3) for Darnold. They exchanged 1st round picks and the Jets coughed up an additional three 2nd round picks (I think they still overpaid by one 2nd rounder but they were desperate).

The only time you really can get two first rounders when teams trade in the first round is desperation (if the picks are close) or a huge jump (like KC did for Mahomes and gave Buffalo two 1st rounders to jump 17 spots - from 27 to 10).

A real close compariosn would be the Buffalo and Tampa trade in 2018. Buffalo traded from 12 to 7 and got the 7th (1st round) and 255th pick (7th round) and gave up the 12th (1st round) and #53 and 56 (two 2nd rounders).

But hey, we took Houston to the cleaner on the Tunsil trade....you never know. :lol:

Or three teams are bidding for the same pick

If their fanbase is as fanatical as ours it can happen, combined with the notion thatboirnoffer may be the friendliest thet will get. The teams in front of us can hold them hostage.

If their fanbase is as fanatical as ours it can happen, combined with the notion thatboirnoffer may be the friendliest thet will get. The teams in front of us can hold them hostage.
You overate the influence fans have on a team's decision to draft. Secondly the Raiders fans in Vegas are just happy to have a team. I doubt fans are a deciding factor in what the Raiders are going to do in the draft.

It really depends on what Gruden feels is right but I doubt that he is going to give #11 and #13 for the #5 pick (plus another later pick). That would be a severe draft blunder and probably the last draft Gruden oversaw. The only way they are throwing in both 1st round picks if we throw in a whole chunk of other picks.
Or....they could gives us the 11 and 13 pick and a later pick and we give them 5 and our Houston pick. Right now that pick is sitting at 25. If I add them all up it would be an even trade of first round picks (2400 to 2420) and the later picks would be our bonus for letting them trade up.

Back
Top Bottom