It’s all up to Tua! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

It's so ridiculous to compare Josh Allen and Tua. In terms of tools, build, and arm strength these QBs are not remotely similar.

You are comparing some of the best arm strength in the league to the worst. It doesn't work the way. Allen has become special because he took massive raw tools and fine tuned them.

Tua doesn't have the massive raw tools to begin with, so I don't know what people are expecting exactly from more playing time. The ceiling isn't and will never be there to be that top 5 guy.

sNw4DkN.png
Would you say Deshawun Watson is a top 5 guy?

Tua looks like a system QB, or if you prefer, a rhythm QB, to me.

That's not a bad thing; there have been some damned nice QBs that I would put into this category. Jeff Garcia comes to mind.

I don't see a huge arm or outstanding measurables, but he's smart and once he gets over his fear of throwing the ball into tighter windows, I think he'll be pretty good.

What I don't see is the savior that the 'bama fans described, and that's OK... if he starts hitting the tight passes and continues to make time in the pocket with his legs, he'll be ok.

After Allen's rookie year I had him pegged as a star. It was obvious he had all the traits of a top QB and his issues were ones easily fixable.

People get too caught up in numbers and not the talents players possess.

Agreed.

The majority of people who thought Allen was a bust after his rookie season were the ones who only watched him a few times.

The ones who watched all his games knew he was the real deal. He was doing this sort of stuff front the beginning.

Agreed.

The majority of people who thought Allen was a bust after his rookie season were the ones who only watched him a few times.

The ones who watched all his games knew he was the real deal. He was doing this sort of stuff front the beginning.

The only people that thought josh sucked, were fans here on finheaven

LOL you need to re-watch the KC game like I did recently, he was far from pretty bad against the best team in the league. Stop looking at stats and look at the game itself. Again you do it for NE, without looking at how he controlled that game, learned from a mistake he made in Q1. REWATCH the games, I did and what I saw I really really liked. This was a young QB, with few weapons and a young porous line that did him no favours, yet he managed things back there like a 10 year vet.

Come back with a detailed breakdown of the plays he screwed up, before I take you seriously. You will find especially for a rookie they are few and far between.

If you need a thorough breakdown to know that 58% completion, 150 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT is not good, then I fear that i’d be wasting my time by doing a thorough breakdown.

Did you forget that games are 60 minutes?

No, but the post I was responding to said he “took over” that game. How does one “take over” a game that they lost in, was down 3 scores and never passed 58% passing?

Tua really had almost everything possible stacked against him.
Coming off a major hip surgery
No mini camp or pre season
Very poor skill position players
Very young OL
Qb controversy in rookie year
And he still went 6-3. He will be good

Would you say Deshawun Watson is a top 5 guy?
DeShaun doesn't have great arm strength but he has things Tua doesn't have. His ability to move in the pocket. Size. Speed. Accuracy (OnTGT: 80.3% vs 74.1% (Tua).

You don't need super arm strength. That's not what I'm saying. However, you do need some elite tools, you saw that with Allen, you saw that with DeShaun. Tua doesn't have any.

DeShaun doesn't have great arm strength but he has things Tua doesn't have. His ability to move in the pocket. Size. Speed. Accuracy (OnTGT: 80.3% vs 74.1% (Tua).

You don't need super arm strength. That's not what I'm saying. However, you do need some elite tools, you saw that with Allen, you saw that with DeShaun. Tua doesn't have any.
So you are just throwing out one lazy argument after another?

No, but the post I was responding to said he “took over” that game. How does one “take over” a game that they lost in, was down 3 scores and never passed 58% passing?
He brought the team back no? If the defense had gotten a stop, we would have had a chance to tie the game no?

Back
Top Bottom