It’s all up to Tua! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

I agree.

I would add that building a strong Offensive Line and keeping the Defensive Backfield stocked with very good players will keep us functioning as a strong contender for the division title.

Note that I did not reference the Offensive Backfield or the Defensive Front Line.

That is because once we become a contender with who we have, we will be able to remain a contender with other receivers in our backfield who may not be as good as who we have now, but who will be almost as effective with an effective Offensive Line.

Keep in mind that as the team matures, we will need to release some good, expensive receivers and replace them with rookies at lower cost and probably lower production. This is because Offensive Linemen don't cost as much and tend to have longer careers, in my experience. This means we may go through 2 or 3 waves of receivers while maintaining the same Offensive Line players and QB.

The same thinking is applicable to running backs. Right now we really do not know what our current RB's can do because last year was a 1st year for half our OL, which didn't have a meaningful preseason to get started. This year we will find out which RB's will need to be replaced. Since RB's tend to have shorter NFL careers then Offensive Linemen, I see several waves of them being used before we end up replacing most of our Offensive Linemen.

As for the Defensive line, most of what I said about longer NFL careers holds. Its the defensive backfield that seems to have shorter careers and who we will need to be replace more often. I suspect we are probably another draft or two from getting all our Defensive front linemen.

All this is, in a way, very good news. This means the Dolphins are going through a solid, well planned buildup that is going to RESULT AS AN ENDURING POWERHOUSE because we will be replacing players continually ACCORDING TO A PLAN, not Willy Nilly like so many teams that keep rebuilding to little or no avail.

I'm sure you guys can think of one or two teams that have been like that in the past off the top of your heads.
Great points @Ray R , lots of good stuff there.

Tua looks like a system QB, or if you prefer, a rhythm QB, to me.

That's not a bad thing; there have been some damned nice QBs that I would put into this category. Jeff Garcia comes to mind.

I don't see a huge arm or outstanding measurables, but he's smart and once he gets over his fear of throwing the ball into tighter windows, I think he'll be pretty good.

What I don't see is the savior that the 'bama fans described, and that's OK... if he starts hitting the tight passes and continues to make time in the pocket with his legs, he'll be ok.

It’s not a bad thing....JEFF GARCIA!

Wow!

Agreed.

The majority of people who thought Allen was a bust after his rookie season were the ones who only watched him a few times.

The ones who watched all his games knew he was the real deal. He was doing this sort of stuff front the beginning.

Is this the Bills fan polluting our message board with J.Allen nonsense?

I remember with other QB’s they were supposed to raise the talent of others like Brady! But with this QB we are supposed to surround him with stars so he can manage the team! Just wondering how and why the theory’s changed! ps, I already know the answer!
Didn't know that Tua had to be Brady as a rookie. 😆

Stars? I would say the Dolphins are trying to add starting caliber players to the offense. Dude was out there throwing to special teamers and converted running backs. The only two starers were playing injured.

Is this the Bills fan polluting our message board with J.Allen nonsense?

Yes, i’m a Bills fan. I was correcting someone who said Bills fans thought Allen was a bust after year 1. We didn’t. We knew he was good. Anyone watching Allen his entire rookie season saw that he had “it”. I don’t see “it” with Tua.

I thought the Dolphins would take a top 10 QB. I’m glad they didn’t, but I do feel bad for you guys. You deserve better.

I remember with other QB’s they were supposed to raise the talent of others like Brady! But with this QB we are supposed to surround him with stars so he can manage the team! Just wondering how and why the theory’s changed! ps, I already know the answer!

To be fair, ALL fans do this. Go on the Cardinals forum and look at posts from 2018. Everyone was saying Josh Rosen will be fine and that he just didn’t have talent around him.

Thankfully for Cardinals fans, the Cardinals front office made the wise decision to draft another Qb (Murray) immediately, instead of hoping that Rosen would get better with more around him.

Those three points were vital weren't they? Didn't the defense give up 33 points? So they played well? Your little anti-tua agenda is boring.

No, the defense only gave up 24 points.

I think you need to watch the game again, your memory is hazy.

Yes, i’m a Bills fan. I was correcting someone who said Bills fans thought Allen was a bust after year 1. We didn’t. We knew he was good. Anyone watching Allen his entire rookie season saw that he had “it”. I don’t see “it” with Tua.

I thought the Dolphins would take a top 10 QB. I’m glad they didn’t, but I do feel bad for you guys. You deserve better.
Dude, no one cares if a Bills fan thinks our Qb has "it". "IT" is a totally nonsensical argument paraded out by causal fans such as yourself.

How do I know you are "causal"? A top 10 qb this year is beyond dumb.

Just curious because I don't have the time because I'm working. Can u post a comment from allen's rookie year where u said he has "it". I honestly don't believe you. I will apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

Just curious because I don't have the time because I'm working. Can u post a comment from allen's rookie year where u said he has "it". I honestly don't believe you. I will apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

There are thousands of posts on the Bills forum saying it from his rookie season. We tried telling fans of other teams and we were laughed at. We saw it. It was clear. But people who only watched him for a few games didn’t understand because they didn’t get to see the whole picture. Chris Simms, to his credit, also has been saying it the entire time.

There are thousands of posts on the Bills forum saying it from his rookie season. We tried telling fans of other teams and we were laughed at. We saw it. It was clear. But people who only watched him for a few games didn’t understand because they didn’t get to see the whole picture. Chris Simms, to his credit, also has been saying it the entire time.
Lololol. I bet I can find a thousand posts saying he was a horrible pick. All good. Don't care. Your coach and GM did an excellent job by getting Diggs and that was the game changer. Imhoping the same for Tua. Plus an offseason and pre-season games can only help him.

Back
Top Bottom