It’s all up to Tua! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

We are one Jalen Waddle injury away from being in the same situation we were last year at WR and RB and returner. This team did not improve enough

Couldn't disagree more with this post.

First you're forgetting we also added Fuller AND Wilson is going to be 2 years removed from his injury with last year bein opt out.

Secondly, The added guys across the OL not only helps the running game but the passing game.

Finally, Improvements on the defense also translates to hopefully more opportunities for the offense

Another point..Tua coming into year 2 along with everyone else getting the offseason stuff also contributes..

Once more i absolutely disagree with your post. Extremely singlular way of looking at things.

The kid is going to be fine. Playing that first year when he really wasn't supposed to, imo, will do him a world of good coming into his second year. In some ways, I'm happy he didn't have an unbelievable level of success. The reason for it sets up a trajectory like his first go at Dilfer's Elite 12 camp where apparently he wasn't crazy good. So what did he do? Go home, with his Dad's help, and others worked his butt off and came back to that camp an absolute animal...That's the way the story is told.

Thus taking that as the model, i know he's working his butt off after what happened year 1, and i fully expect him along with the added weapons to be a much improved Qb.

In the words of a former Jet..."Can't Wait!!"
Here is the vid

Couldn't disagree more with this post.

First you're forgetting we also added Fuller AND Wilson is going to be 2 years removed from his injury with last year bein opt out.

Secondly, The added guys across the OL not only helps the running game but the passing game.

Finally, Improvements on the defense also translates to hopefully more opportunities for the offense

Another point..Tua coming into year 2 along with everyone else getting the offseason stuff also contributes..

Once more i absolutely disagree with your post. Extremely singlular way of looking at things.

I agree with the oline being better helping the offense but how much better? Enough to be able to compete for a superbowl or at least win a playoff game?

This team has a lot of holes.

I can't wait until Tua lights shiz up. Then there will be an automatic time out on here for all the doubters
If he doesn't...

Then what,

I agree with the oline being better helping the offense but how much better? Enough to be able to compete for a superbowl or at least win a playoff game?

This team has a lot of holes.

SB? Really?

How about 1 extra game that would have gotten us in the playoffs?

let’s start there...

Doesn’t matter how talented the team is, if Tua doesn’t start showing the ability to take over a game! whats Your opinions finheaven?
Build the team ... the Qb will follow ...

If he doesn't pan out we have an extra picks that can help us start over .... but having borderline team mates is how rookie Qb's flame out at first (unless they just suck) .... they are drafted into a $hit storm and expected to walk on water .... Tua has the skill level to be our Qb for a long time .... does he have that intangible to take over a game? ... TBD IMO

Build the team ... the Qb will follow ...

If he doesn't pan out we have an extra picks that can help us start over .... but having borderline team mates is how rookie Qb's flame out at first (unless they just suck) .... they are drafted into a $hit storm and expected to walk on water .... Tua has the skill level to be our Qb for a long time .... does he have that intangible to take over a game? ... TBD IMO
I am in 100% opposite.
Get a QB, the talents will follow.

I forgot about fuller but Wilson is more of the same. The RB is identical unless Doaks is a beast.
I think Wilson is an upgrade over the Bowden/Perry of last season.

Assuming he is healthy and in shape after sitting out.

If you surround an average QB with great talent, the QB will look good enough to play week to week, but once teams get film on the QB with his weapons, it will get tougher each week...Tua needs to prove he is more then a fortunate college QB that was in the right place with the right team.

I have no doubt Tua this coming year is going to shock many unbelievers.

I’m just saying Tampa had a talented team and went nowhere till Brady got there! We have a pretty talented team now, so I think there is going to be some pressure for Tua! I hope he can step up
Yes, he needs to take a big step forward. No doubt about it. He needs to do all the same things that 99% of all 2nd year QBs need to do.

Play faster and more decisively.

Read pre/post snap at a higher level.

Become physically stronger (I think that is a given due to the circumstances)

Become a "leader" in the huddle, and of the team in general.

I guess I just take issue with the phrase "take over games".

That denotes (to me) a necessity to carry the team on his back, and play hero ball, and I just don't think that is true.

It's more important that he executes within the framework of the offensive design at an elite level, and come through in crunch time situations.

I don't believe in the Brett Favre, gunslinger mentality as a consistently viable philosophy. I believe in a Joe Montana, have total command of the scheme, read and execute efficiently model.

Football is one of the few sports where team play matters. With games like basketball you can have your star player take over and dominate.
In regards to the QB, which is the most important position on the field, other players playing well matter.
The O-line blocking well matters (Ask Mahomes about that), receivers catching matters (how many drops in the Buffalo game?), having a running game matters (keeps the D honest).
This upcoming year I feel that all of these should have improved to help the offense improve.

If they all are bad as last season, then any QB will have issues with us.
I do think that Tua does need to improve, but I don't think he had as bad of a rookie season as some people like to claim.

I am in 100% opposite.
Get a QB, the talents will follow.

Like Marino? How many SB did he win again? @Dan13Forever
How many did Dilfer(whom we'll agree is a lesser QB) win?

What's the biggest difference?

I'll challenging you again...name ONE Qb that won a SB and the surrounding piece on both sides were trash?

Back
Top Bottom