It’s all up to Tua! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

My thoughts are, why another Tua sucks post? He was a rookie last year coming off of a major injury and his whole starting WR/TE room was injured. He was throwing to a bunch of backups and if you didn't know, he made a lot of throws that were dropped (all throws, from short to deep passes). If you can't see his talent and the lack of talent that he was working with, I'm not going to be able to explain. It to you. Not to mention all of the rookies on the O-Line last year. Of course he needs to improve and he will bit so does his supporting cast around him. A QB alone can not win games.

I do think that this draft and free agency will give he team and Tua what he needs to show us how good or not good he is.
I remember the second half of that Week 17 game where Tua was fighting with everything he had and Dolphins were dropping his passes L & R and seeming to quit early.

Got to be honest. Been a Fin Fan for 36yrs. I cant remember many years that I've looked forward to seeing where this squad is going to take us.
I'm seeing some seriously good jigsaw pieces being put in.

Right now Miami has a lot of ifs, like if everyone stays healthy, but if most of those ifs happen this could be a fun team to watch.

The 2 bad games Tua had that really stick in people's craws had much more to so with Gailey suckin a D more than Tua and our young and banged-up OLine having bad games. (As well as practice-squad and bad-hammy WRs).
In that game vs Denver, Our O-line looked bad, our playcalling was awful and things that worked for a QB in his second-ever NFL start were totally shut down in his 3rd NFL start.
The game vs the Raiders sucked for Tua, but, again, things that worked great for Miami vs New England were falling apart vs Las Vegas.

Anyone remember Herbert's game vs New England last year?

How much garbage-time love did Herbert get last year? A Lot. Half his stats were against defenses who already knew the game was in the bag.

Right now Miami has a lot of ifs, like if everyone stays healthy, but if most of those ifs happen this could be a fun team to watch.
I think we did a lot to shore up depth. Unfortunately, Center is the one area we didnt. I fear for Skura's safety. Murphy's Law always attacks your weak points.
Outside of Center, I think we killed it on adding depth.

I think Tua needs an OC who trusts him more than more talent personally.

Tua was 1 possession away from beating Mahomes.

Refresh my memory. Who was on offense in the 4th quarter when he was almost pulling that game out?

Not sure who was in, but I can tell you who wasn't in.

Parker/Williams/Gaskin/ Ahmed, Gisecki and at points Grant.

His #1 and 2 WR #1 AND 2 RB, his #1 TE and at times his #3 WR.

HE seemed to take over the game.

Don't even get me started with Arizona as far ad taking over.

Last year was clear. When they opened up the playback, he was awesome.

When they handcuffed him, he was bad
Adding to what you said: KC's punt-return TD wound up being the final margin.

If the O-line can protect him, our offense will be very dynamic. I am super excited that we might finally have a fun offence to watch.

I think we did a lot to shore up depth. Unfortunately, Center is the one area we didnt. I fear for Skura's safety. Murphy's Law always attacks your weak points.
Outside of Center, I think we killed it on adding depth.
Skura went through a period with the yips last season with some of his long snaps, however "if" he returns to his 2019 form he'll be ok at the spot.

It was also pretty clear KC took their foot off the gas early against us. That game excites people way more than it excited me.

We had a QB who had the ability to take over a game back in the day. My opinion is that one player can only do so much without help. If it doesn't matter how talented the team is Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, and the corpse of Broncos Peyton Manning would not have won a SB.
True, but isn’t that avoiding the responsibility of Tua...just how many draft picks does he need? I see a pretty talented Dolphin team and expect major improvement in him in 2021.

People forget how good Alabama Tua was.

This video from my favorite football YT channel shows what he's capable of.

No...we remember...he came off the bench and had a good game as a freshman in relief...and led the most talented team and the nation to big losses against Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow in big game showdowns...despite being surrounded with a stacked NFL line and multiple first round pick wide receivers And Runningback!

Back
Top Bottom