It’s all up to Tua! | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

I'm just wondering, If he doesn't improve, is the Tua cult gonna wanna move on or will they continue to support him in every way possible?

Come at me bro's!! Hahaha:munch:
I'll come at ya. In your opinion, who is the top 3 young quarterbacks in the NFL?

I'll come at ya. In your opinion, who is the top 3 young quarterbacks in the NFL?
Define "young".

In any case, Tua isn't one of them........yet.

He can get there this season though. I certainly am hoping that is true.

No...we remember...he came off the bench and had a good game as a freshman in relief...and led the most talented team and the nation to big losses against Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow in big game showdowns...despite being surrounded with a stacked NFL line and multiple first round pick wide receivers And Runningback!

So those other guys didn't?

Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Deshuan Watson.

Joe Borrow and Justin Herbert will be great qbs.

Lamar Jackson and Kyle Murray are crazy athletic and that's what makes them good at the qb spot. I dont think they're great qbs though as far as natural position and qb smarts. Does that make sense?

Doesn’t matter how talented the team is, if Tua doesn’t start showing the ability to take over a game! whats Your opinions finheaven?
He need to COMMAND the offense players included. That means when Parker complains about HAMSTINGS he doesnt get to come back for a contract escalator game! Grant if he makes the team gets BLASTED on the field for drops!

Define "young".

Define "young".

What is young to u? Allen, Mayfield

Lamar Jackson and Kyle Murray are crazy athletic and that's what makes them good at the qb spot. I dont think they're great qbs though as far as natural position and qb smarts. Does that make sense?

I said top 3 for a reason. Its gonna change every year.

Tua will not take over games. Tua needs to own the game, from play to play, from game to game, from season to season. Efficiency and consistency. And translate that to good scoring, 25-30 points per game. Just like Brady.
That’s a great point. I almost see tua like a great point guard. Getting ball quickly and accurately. Letting his guys do their thing. He does that then we will get our 25-30.

All those guys have tools that Tua doesn't simply possess. It's not something Tua will develop with more reps. Someone who flashes tools and makes bad decisions. That is what gets better with more reps (ie Allen/Mayfield) and becomes that upper tier of QBs. Tua doesn't have those tools, so personally I don't see him ever being much more than a game manager.

We shall see, but I hope the Dolphins aren't stubborn about it and pull the plug when/if the time comes.

I said top 3 for a reason. Its gonna change every year.
So what was your general point, as it relates th Tua? What was the reason you said top 3?

You said nothing about the context of one year?

What am I missing here?

Honest question: What QBs are coming out of college over the '22 and '23 seasons who we should be watching the next two years?
Next year off the top of my head I'd say Sam Howell of North Carolina and Spencer Rattler of Oklahoma. Also maybe the two USC kids JT Daniels and Kedon Slovis. If that makes no sense it's because Daniels is now at Georgia. I still think of him as a USC kid but he transferred after tearing up his knee a couple of years ago.

Daniels put up very high YPA in a partial season at Georgia last year. That category is always the tipoff to the NFL Draft. If a draft eligible college quarterback is sustaining 11 YPA or thereabouts by midseason he's going to be drafted very high, no matter what it looks like subjectively. The two examples last season were Zach Wilson and Mac Jones.

Clemson has a kid with a very long name who is a true sophomore and will be taking over for Lawrence next season. He has a great arm and was the top rated recruit in the country in 2020. If we're looking toward the 2023 draft he might be the favorite right now as the top quarterback.

Ability to take over a game? played in 9 games went 6-3 with no training camp, he's a rookie, how do a rookie takes over a game with no blocking, no receivers and bad play calling at times. Give the kid a break. why aren't you calling out the o-line for not blocking? as a matter of fact you should be heaping praise upon the kid just for winning the games he was part of.

My thoughts are, why another Tua sucks post? He was a rookie last year coming off of a major injury and his whole starting WR/TE room was injured. He was throwing to a bunch of backups and if you didn't know, he made a lot of throws that were dropped (all throws, from short to deep passes). If you can't see his talent and the lack of talent that he was working with, I'm not going to be able to explain. It to you. Not to mention all of the rookies on the O-Line last year. Of course he needs to improve and he will bit so does his supporting cast around him. A QB alone can not win games.

I do think that this draft and free agency will give he team and Tua what he needs to show us how good or not good he is.
I in no way shape or form said Tua sucks! I said he needs to be the leader of this team and be able to take over games! His players preferred fitz over him for a reason!

All those guys have tools that Tua doesn't simply possess. It's not something Tua will develop with more reps. Someone who flashes tools and makes bad decisions. That is what gets better with more reps (ie Allen/Mayfield) and becomes that upper tier of QBs. Tua doesn't have those tools, so personally I don't see him ever being much more than a game manager.

We shall see, but I hope the Dolphins aren't stubborn about it and pull the plug when/if the time comes.
We can’t go seven years again with a mediocre QB

That’s a great point. I almost see tua like a great point guard. Getting ball quickly and accurately. Letting his guys do their thing. He does that then we will get our 25-30.

Most (all?) great QBs claim their job is to get the ball to the play-makers. There job is more than that, but point guard is a good comparison

Back
Top Bottom