It’s all up to Tua! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It’s all up to Tua!

All those guys have tools that Tua doesn't simply possess. It's not something Tua will develop with more reps. Someone who flashes tools and makes bad decisions. That is what gets better with more reps (ie Allen/Mayfield) and becomes that upper tier of QBs. Tua doesn't have those tools, so personally I don't see him ever being much more than a game manager.

We shall see, but I hope the Dolphins aren't stubborn about it and pull the plug when/if the time comes.
What tools?

Watching the Kurt Warner vids on Tua makes it look like Tua just needs to get a little less panicky, trust his reads, and let a play develop. He missed key downfield throws because he didn't take that last 0.25 second look needed in a bottom to top progression. Seemed Tua was going top to bottom in his progression and settling for underneath or getting sacked.

It'll be fascinating seeing Tua develop. He's definitely a guy that I can see the light coming on once the proverbial game starts to slow down. Whether Tua can hang in there physically remains to be seen - it's a longer NFL season now.

I'd bet everything i own that Bills and Browns fans on message boards hated their qbs after year 1.

Both those teams added alot of talent and great coaching. Both those qbs also had full offseasons and preseason games to get better. Neither one had incredible second seasons. The NFL is hard.

I'm very excited to see if Tua can take the next step. This off season is just beginning.
The Bills fans were absolutely wondering what the GM was thinking when he drafted Allen after his rookie season.
The Browns fans were pretty happy with the Mayfield pick after his rookie season because Mayfield played pretty good in his rookie season. It was after his second season when it appeared he had regressed as a QB that the Browns fans were antsy about his selection. Yet the Fans blamed the HC more than Mayfield for his poor season at QB and based on how much better Mayfield played last year, they appeared to be right about the former HC being the problem.

If Tua fails, we'll draft another QB in 2023, when we have 2 #1s again.

He gets the next two years to show us two things-- is he good enough, and can he remain uninjured?

If he goes tits up, we'll have the ammo in 2023. I'm rooting for the kid, but we all have to be realistic if he doesn't get it done.
Boom, fever still strikes again. Maybe the smartest poster on here. It's about being realistic. Both sides are right fighting so much, we lose sight that we need him to win.

I've been on record as saying I don't believe he's very good. I didn't in college and I don't now. However, I really want him to be. It benefits our team. I don't get the idea of wanting him to fail to say you were right. I hope I'm wrong!

You asked the key questions - is he really good enough and can he stay healthy. I would add that all the workout warrior stuff isn't as big a need for him as the mental game. Getting rid of the ball sooner, not taking unnecessary sacks, seeing more than one read, and exploiting mismatches.

Tua just has to be better than last year and we'll be ok...

I'm just excited at how well the front office has built around Tua after just one off-season.

I have a feeling piping hot crow will be filling plenty of plates next year.

I've watched a lot of film on Tua this past year. He's a very cautious QB and I think the Oline will mean everything to this guy. That extra second or two in the pocket will be a big part of his success.

He needs a chance and I'm happy we're giving it to him. If he fails, we go QB again next year. Wouldn't be the only team in the world to have to do that move.

Yup tua better be awesome on défense and special teams otherwise he’s a phreaking bust

Doesn’t matter how talented the team is, if Tua doesn’t start showing the ability to take over a game! whats Your opinions finheaven?

It takes eleven guys doing their job effectively to win in the NFL.

Getting over focused on any single position, without recognition of what the other positions are doing, is childish.

Once those eleven players get organized, it's up to the coach's to game plan and make adjustments to that game plan throughout the game to win.

Back
Top Bottom