It's Amazing how Miami fans could see things SO differently | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Amazing how Miami fans could see things SO differently

I find it absolutley AMAZING how much differently Miami fans see things in reguards to the team. There are people or "fans" here that think......

-Culpepper sucks, and that he never was any good.
-Culpepper is a great QB and will lead us to the superbowl when healthy

-Joey Harrington is a great QB, and he will be our starter next season.
-Joey Harrington Sucks, and will never be a starter again

-Cleo Lemon is a really good QB and all he ever needed was a chance to play
-Cleo Lemon sucks, and is a 3rd string QB at best

-Ronnie Brown is a Great/Elite RB, and is without a doubt the future of our franchise
-Ronnie Brown is a bust and is one of saban's biggest mistakes

-Chambers is still a top tier WR and pro bowl capable
-Chambers sucks, and is one of the worst WR's in the league

the list goes on............. Now I know differen't people are going to have differen't opinions, but some of these opinions are SOOOO far away from some of the others you kinda gotta wonder if either.....
A: People aren't watching the same games
B: Some people aren't watching the games at all
C: Some people just don't know what they're talking about, and/or don't know footbal
D: Some people are just plain stupid and will post crap or say stupid things just to try to piss others off

Which do you think it is???

personally I think most of it is a younger generation on here with no true football knowledge and the only thing they base their opinions on are fantasy numbers and video games.

Good thread, and as much as I get frustrated and even angered by some posts here that seem so incredibly stupid to me, it's what really makes this site interesting isn't it?

Personally I think the biggest problem is alot of people see everthing in extremes. On a scale of 1-10 people either have to put players at 1 or 10. Alot of people here dont see the gray area in players. You ask people to rank players some would make Culpepper a 10 some a 1. But in honesty well know that he is neither. Same with most of the players on our team.

Another thing that I think though is that a post that doesn't rate a player a 1 or a 10 gets ignored and filtered off the page by posts that are so ridicules that you cant believe what your reading half the time. People try and make bold statements to get a response from people, while some decent threads get filtered off the page.

The biggest one rigth now is Saban, some people love him others hate him. We all know he hasn't been perfect, but in the same hand well all see some improvement from when he took over the team. People just need to learn to not make everything so extreme.

It was Brian Griese IMO who didn't get a fair shake. Had the OL been anywhere near average, he might have had some success.

As for the multiple choice above, I'd say its D.
I'll pass on Griese thanks. He's a slightly better version of J Harrington but a little older.

why do so many people use that cop-out on here? Is fantasy football an accurate reflection of team success and failure? No. But just because someone is younger than you and may or may not play fantasy football or video games, they can't possibly have the football insight that you have. People need to quit sinking to that take everytime they don't like someone else's criticism...

NO ONE on here is offering anything remotely resembling professional opinion. It's just ideas - you can take them or leave them. But don't generalize and denounce "all the young peoples' " ideas because that's the most eloquent argument you can think up...

I find it absolutley AMAZING how much differently Miami fans see things in reguards to the team. There are people or "fans" here that think......

-Ronnie Brown is a Great/Elite RB, and is without a doubt the future of our franchise

Exactly what makes you think u know something about football ??? ..... ronnie brown a bust ??? .... i can tell you that every other team would love to have him . what makes you think that lemon sucks ? ...let the guy play ..then write .

Exactly what makes you think u know something about football ??? ..... ronnie brown a bust ??? .... i can tell you that every other team would love to have him . what makes you think that lemon sucks ? ...let the guy play ..then write .

ummm, you might want to read the post again, that's not what he's saying :shakeno:

Yea, I think part of that still has to do with the fact that the team is not winning right now, or hasn't over the last few years. If Miami was getting to the playoffs every year then those very same people would probably be saying....."Zach, and JT are the best players at their positions ever" it's kind of funny because it's almost like they think that if the team isn't winning and have a great record then EVERYONE on the team must suck. Or their thinking something like..."If Zach and JT were so good we'd be going to the superbowl". Now you and I may know that one or two or even 5 or 6 GREAT players doesn't necisarily get you anywhere, you gotta have an entire team that's capable of winning and playing at a high level but not everyone else does apparently.

I hope for ZT and JT's sake they'll have a shot at the SB before they are done. They might have to take the Dan Marino route though and have their careers marked by their 0 Super Bowls stat :mad:

sorry

sorry i did´nt understand the purpose of the thread before . now that i got it i´ll say :
it is a combination of B and C . people dont watch the entire game and analyze what is going on .
most people like the dolphins but dont have a football mind or real knowledge of the game so they pinpoint single people as a problem ..saban,ronnie,chambers joey ...etc etc because they can´t see a whole or dont have a peripheral view of the game nor potential to have a real read of what happens .

the list goes on............. Now I know differen't people are going to have differen't opinions, but some of these opinions are SOOOO far away from some of the others you kinda gotta wonder if either.....
C: Some people just don't know what they're talking about, and/or don't know footbal
D: Some people are just plain stupid and will post crap or say stupid things just to try to piss others off

Lol, dude, it's definitely C and D.

I honest to god think that half these posts come with the 'D' mentality attached.

'C' posts are always from people that can't backup their opinions e.g. Culpepper sucks and always has sucked or Harrington has been awful all season and has relied on our D to win games - neither of these statements are true but both fly around a lot.

I think you are 100% correct. For some strange reason, the Miami media and fans are so negative. They are so easy to manipulate. That is why all the sports networks and radio stations dog Miami. Because it's easy. They know they will get a reaction.

I really hope that Miami starts ignoring ESPN and other sports media. The team, coaches, fans, and Miami media needs to start believing that good things will happen, even when it looks bad. That is the only way the Dolphins will ever get back into the playoff hunt.

I'd say its B and C.

For some strange reason, the Miami media and fans are so negative

The media in genral, is always negative.

And its easier for some to be pessimistic then it is to be optimistic.

Back
Top Bottom