It's Amazing how Miami fans could see things SO differently | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's Amazing how Miami fans could see things SO differently

Butterfrog 2.0

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I find it absolutley AMAZING how much differently Miami fans see things in reguards to the team. There are people or "fans" here that think......

-Culpepper sucks, and that he never was any good.
-Culpepper is a great QB and will lead us to the superbowl when healthy

-Joey Harrington is a great QB, and he will be our starter next season.
-Joey Harrington Sucks, and will never be a starter again

-Cleo Lemon is a really good QB and all he ever needed was a chance to play
-Cleo Lemon sucks, and is a 3rd string QB at best

-Ronnie Brown is a Great/Elite RB, and is without a doubt the future of our franchise
-Ronnie Brown is a bust and is one of saban's biggest mistakes

-Chambers is still a top tier WR and pro bowl capable
-Chambers sucks, and is one of the worst WR's in the league

the list goes on............. Now I know differen't people are going to have differen't opinions, but some of these opinions are SOOOO far away from some of the others you kinda gotta wonder if either.....
A: People aren't watching the same games
B: Some people aren't watching the games at all
C: Some people just don't know what they're talking about, and/or don't know footbal
D: Some people are just plain stupid and will post crap or say stupid things just to try to piss others off

Which do you think it is???

I find it absolutley AMAZING how much differently Miami fans see things in reguards to the team. There are people or "fans" here that think......

I want to talk to the people who believe this stuff for 2007. Based on what I've seen, neither is correct. But again, the problems are much deeper than QB.

I want to talk to the people who believe this stuff for 2007. Based on what I've seen, neither is correct. But again, the problems are much deeper than QB.

Oh believe me they're out there!!!! As bad as Joey has played there arre people that still insist that he is our future...... Hell there are still people here who think we didn't give AJ Feeley enough of a chance

Hahahaha i would say all of em... but prolly the most common is some people dont know anything about football or dont know what their talking about.

C: Some people just don't know what they're talking about, and/or don't know footbal
D: Some people are just plain stupid and will post crap or say stupid things just to try to piss others off

I think some (a lot) of people who post here are so personally invested in the success of the Dolphins that they refuse to see the deficiencies of the team and it colors how they view things.
As for the difference of opinion on the QBs, that's why they have horse races: differences of opinion. But my opinion is that we don't have a starting caliber QB on this team at the moment.

-Ronnie Brown is a Great/Elite RB, and is without a doubt the future of our franchise

the list goes on............. Now I know differen't people are going to have differen't opinions, but some of these opinions are SOOOO far away from some of the others you kinda gotta wonder if either.....

B and C. There are people in here who think every pass thrown to Chambers not caught is a drop or that the OL is still this team's biggest need.

They're a really bad combo of ignorant and angry. Turds, basically.

I think there are two reasons why: there are a lot of teenagers that post here, the other reason is that football is such a great, intense, emotional game that a lot of fans are drawn to it without really having a lot of understanding of the game. People who don't actually watch a lot of non-Dolphin football games and base all of their opinions on stats and on what the m0r0ns in the press write.

You can tell the 2nd one really rings true, because there are so many threads about what gets printed in the papers or what media personalities have to say and so little based on what really gets done between the hash marks on Sundays & Mondays.

Great thread. Honestly, I don't know the answer. I'm sure some of the folks here who run their yaps are knowledgable about football. Some might not be as smart as others either. But how can opinions be so different? Especially since these come from the fans of the same team.

I think these things contribute to the problem.

Maturity level
Knowledge
Passion and how much it affects things (your team loses, you want everyone fired)
Influence from media

Any of these things make a difference in how the threads we see are so the opposite of reality

Also take the thread about whether Zach earned the Pro Bowl entry that he received. NYJunc pointed out 7393101 different reasons why he shouldnt have been picked over other guys and how him and JT aren't as HOF as we think.

Some folks here give no credit to any Dolphin at all and that's BS. I guess for some it's hard to compliment others when it's due

Hell there are still people here who think we didn't give AJ Feeley enough of a chance

It was Brian Griese IMO who didn't get a fair shake. Had the OL been anywhere near average, he might have had some success.

As for the multiple choice above, I'd say its D.

Also take the thread about whether Zach earned the Pro Bowl entry that he received. NYJunc pointed out 7393101 different reasons why he shouldnt have been picked over other guys and how him and JT aren't as HOF as we think.

Some folks here give no credit to any Dolphin at all and that's BS. I guess for some it's hard to compliment others when it's due

Yea, I think part of that still has to do with the fact that the team is not winning right now, or hasn't over the last few years. If Miami was getting to the playoffs every year then those very same people would probably be saying....."Zach, and JT are the best players at their positions ever" it's kind of funny because it's almost like they think that if the team isn't winning and have a great record then EVERYONE on the team must suck. Or their thinking something like..."If Zach and JT were so good we'd be going to the superbowl". Now you and I may know that one or two or even 5 or 6 GREAT players doesn't necisarily get you anywhere, you gotta have an entire team that's capable of winning and playing at a high level but not everyone else does apparently.

Yea, I think part of that still has to do with the fact that the team is not winning right now, or hasn't over the last few years. If Miami was getting to the playoffs every year then those very same people would probably be saying....."Zach, and JT are the best players at their positions ever" it's kind of funny because it's almost like they think that if the team isn't winning and have a great record then EVERYONE on the team must suck. Or their thinking something like..."If Zach and JT were so good we'd be going to the superbowl". Now you and I may know that one or two or even 5 or 6 GREAT players doesn't necisarily get you anywhere, you gotta have an entire team that's capable of winning and playing at a high level but not everyone else does apparently.

Nah, I disagree. Miami fans are as dumb and sad as other fans. There would still be people in here whining and moaning about Brown, Chambers etc, no matter how well the team was doing.

I think all of the answers apply to some people, but I think mostly it's because it is very hard for a person watching a game on tv to be able to judge why a particular play didn't work.

Was it bad play calling?
Was it poor pass defense/run blocking?
Was it a poor pass?
Was it because the receiver didn't get seperation?
Was it because the receiver dropped it?
or was it just good defense?

These are just some of the reasons why an offensive play didn't work and it depends on how often you attribute a particular reason throughout the season that will determine who you will blame.

It ain't easy.

NFL fans for any team are extraordinarily passionate and emotional about their teams. Not all of those fans necessarily know a lot, or anything, about football. Nothing wrong with that, until they start throwing their opinions around...

Another thing about our team this year that it is hard for anyone to put a finger on is the "intangibles." We never had that "It" this year. Is it team chemistry, motivation, leadership...? Who knows what goes on at that level behind locker room doors...

I just hope Saban gets the team together by next year...

Back
Top Bottom