It's early... but here's my first attempt at a mock | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

It's early... but here's my first attempt at a mock

We have Parker and Preston
You are a brave man... You are taking my arguments to their logical extreme.

I've been talking up Preston for awhile and think he'll be very good, but I do acknowledge that he comes with some serious risk. He has to improve his concentration lapses and remain healthy... IF he does this, he'll be our best WR next year, but I'd still like to draft another true flank in case we get another year of injury and drops.

I want speed, route running, and hands. I’m not so concerned with size. Like I said we have a couple of big possession receivers. I want somebody to take the top off the coverage.

I want speed, route running, and hands. I’m not so concerned with size. Like I said we have a couple of big possession receivers. I want somebody to take the top off the coverage.
...and while I agree with that point, I would like to have three true flanks on the roster, and at this point... we only have two (and one, or both are usually injured). If we split the squad as 3 flanks, and three slots... I would be content.

I suppose that Hurns could be the third flank, if he is retained, but I just don't see another player who can play wide on our roster. Bowden, Perry, Wilson, and the two you mentioned are all pure slot receivers.

I forgot the poster who brought it up, but whoever it was made a good point.

The point was something to the effect of the difference between a good and great O-lineman isn't as great as the difference between a good and great WR.

All that to say that IMO Leatherwood could give you as good a return on your investment at 23 as Sewell could give you at three...with the added luxury of having experience at RG. Besides, Hunt looks about as good

In contrast, I don't know if you get that same return when comparing Marshall to the two Bama WRs. The o-line is fine. Another year, an offseason, and training camp and they will be better. Heck, if they had a good RB and WRs...who knows, they could have been good this year.
It's a fair point. Marshall is more similar to Parker. His separation is no where near Smith's. Not that he isn't a fine prospect and would help Miami.

Watching Smith, he is just so smooth in and out of his routes. He always looks to be two or three feet open at least.

Admittedly, it's hard to judge offensive linemen because their play is so connected to other players around them. Was their block the reason for a big play, or was it a decision the running back made as an example?

That sounds more like Smith, Chase and Waddle.

Bateman and Marshall are more in line with what Miami already has on the roster.

Honestly, I'd like to see the Dolphins add both a speed, stretch the field type and a bigger, physical receiver.

Preston Williams has missed too much time for Miami to depend on him. Also, I want a good option if Parker gets too expensive down the road.

I've narrowed number 3 down to: Trade down, Parsons, Smith or Waddle

I've narrowed number 3 down to: Trade down, Parsons, Smith or Waddle
Obviously from my earlier comments, I would not do Smith or Waddle there, but a trade down might be our best option, and Parsons would be my choice if 1) The Jets take Sewell and 2) No one wants to trade with us. But even if the 'phins go with one of the Alabama receivers, I won't sulk and cry like many here will do. In the long run, I trust our F.O. to make the moves.

My, 'Tua sure looked lost today', draft. I set out to maximize Tua's running game and pass blocking.

This one assumes that Wilson and Hurns will be back and given an honest shot to stick. Had hoped to find a better QB, but there had been a run on them.

• 3.​

Miami Dolphins
    Penei Sewell
    OT, Oregon
  • 18.​

Miami Dolphins
    Rashod Bateman
    WR, Minnesota
  • 35.​

Miami Dolphins
    Creed Humphrey
    IOL, Oklahoma
  • 50.​

Miami Dolphins
    Javonte Williams
    RB, North Carolina
  • 81.​

Miami Dolphins
    Chazz Surratt
    LB, North Carolina

• 119.​

Miami Dolphins
    Elijah Moore
    WR, Ole Miss
  • 195.​

Miami Dolphins
    Ventrell Miller
    LB, Florida
  • 204.​

Miami Dolphins
    Brady White
    QB, Memphis

Last edited:
If I’m not taking a QB

Attachments

• 163D679B-BE45-45D1-A15F-872534126D24.png
    163D679B-BE45-45D1-A15F-872534126D24.png
    111.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 431E2EBB-D7E4-4B76-86ED-1C9BD2FB068A.png
    431E2EBB-D7E4-4B76-86ED-1C9BD2FB068A.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 13
Harris and Williams would certainly beat other teams to death. LOL

I was tempted to take Sermon too! Looking at our needs, even though I am not happy with Tua’s performance, I have a real hard time using a pick on a QB.

Easily my favorite mock thus far... somehow, I doubt if it would EVER fall this way, but if I could book this right now... I would. I ended up getting less at LB than I wanted but wouldn't pass on either Humphrey or Trask if they actually fell this far.

Penei Sewell
    OT Oregon

Gregory Rousseau
    EDGE Miami (FL)

Terrace Marshall Jr.
    WR LSU

Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

Kyle Trask
    QB Florida

Trey Sermon
    RB Ohio State

Tony Fields II
    LB West Virginia

Tamorrion Terry
    WR Florida State

Jack Sanborn
    LB Wisconsin

I’ll take a shot... No trades

#3 OT Penei Sewell Oregon

#18 WR Rashod Bateman Minnesota

#36 S Jevon Holland Oregon

#50 WR Terrance Marshall LSU

#81 TB JaVonte Williams North Carolina

#113 C Trey Hill Georgia

#185 DT Tommy Togiai Ohio St

#186 EDGE Josh Kaindoh Florida St

Obviously it won’t go anything close to this because without trades it’s impossible to predict the board but this is a nice snapshot and personally I wouldn’t be upset at all if it turned out like this. Great value at each pick while also addressing needs and all these guys I believe fit our schemes and compliments our other players skill sets.

Back
Top Bottom